Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

FSDT KORD V2

Sure hope so... it's been close for months it seems.

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

I am not too thrilled about the ground textures, but I'll take it. I'll buy all three versions that are in the pipeline from different developers and choose the one I like the most.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

So is the real KORD getting a new Runways...open 2020? 

I hate buying this stuff for it to be out of date so soon. I dont mind things like added gates or a demo of an old hangar but a new rwy changes everything. 

thoughts?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

45 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I am not too thrilled about the ground textures, but I'll take it. I'll buy all three versions that are in the pipeline from different developers and choose the one I like the most.

FSDT, DD, and???

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

21 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

FSDT, DD, and???

Skyline Sim. Ex Icarus-Simulations, known mainly for their products for X-Plane, but have a few (arguably of mixed quality) products for P3D v4.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I hope they are not using the same ground texturing they used on KCLT.  Flying at night is awful there with all the shimmering in the 'cracks' of the taxiways/runways.  I haven't been all that happy with the last couple FSDT releases (KCLT, KMEM).  For some odd reason I cannot get rid of the stuttering which I do not have around any other addon airport from other developers.  Oh well, hope there is some improvement with this one...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I hope they are not using the same ground texturing they used on KCLT.  Flying at night is awful there with all the shimmering in the 'cracks' of the taxiways/runways.  I haven't been all that happy with the last couple FSDT releases (KCLT, KMEM).  For some odd reason I cannot get rid of the stuttering which I do not have around any other addon airport from other developers.  Oh well, hope there is some improvement with this one...

As explained so many times on our forum, and even here, the night shimmering in KCLT was a combination of having to support BOTH P3DV4 Dynamic Lights, AND still be compatible with FSX AND keep a very high frame rate, all at the same time. And, it's hardly visible you have set mipmapping and anisotripic filtering correctly. In any case, it won't be an issue for KORD, which will be a native P3D4 scenery that doesn't require to support FSX, so it has been designed that way, right from the start.

Stuttering surely doesn't happen at KCLT or KMEM, at least surely not under P3D4, if you have the latest version of the sceneries, which have some P3D4 optimizations (KMEM initially didn't had native P3D4 textures, now it has).

Here's a video at KCLT, stutter free, with the most stressfull test possible, which is a fighter jet.

If you still see stuttering, please contact me either by email or on our forum, because I would like to have a look at it.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So is the real KORD getting a new Runways...open 2020? 

I hate buying this stuff for it to be out of date so soon. I dont mind things like added gates or a demo of an old hangar but a new rwy changes everything. 

thoughts?

My thought would be, if I were the designer, and a runway or terminal was about to be constructed -- *if* I had information about said structure or runway -- I'd put it in my scenery if it were close at hand.

Problem can be, getting information about the runway.  You may not know the approaches, frequencies, etc. and that presents a real problem for the user.  Might be more prudent to patch it in at a later date.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

As explained so many times on our forum, and even here, the night shimmering in KCLT was a combination of having to support BOTH P3DV4 Dynamic Lights, AND still be compatible with FSX AND keep a very high frame rate, all at the same time. And, it's hardly visible you have set mipmapping and anisotripic filtering correctly. In any case, it won't be an issue for KORD, which will be a native P3D4 scenery that doesn't require to support FSX, so it has been designed that way, right from the start.

Stuttering surely doesn't happen at KCLT or KMEM, at least surely not under P3D4, if you have the latest version of the sceneries, which have some P3D4 optimizations (KMEM initially didn't had native P3D4 textures, now it has).

Here's a video at KCLT, stutter free, with the most stressfull test possible, which is a fighter jet.

If you still see stuttering, please contact me either by email or on our forum, because I would like to have a look at it.

What are the AA and filtering settings used in this video? With my settings, the scenery is very shimmery as described by one of the posters above. I hope KORD doesn't have the same issue for me.

14 minutes ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

What are the AA and filtering settings used in this video? With my settings, the scenery is very shimmery as described by one of the posters above. I hope KORD doesn't have the same issue for me.

Nothing special, the usual Anisotropic filtering, and 2x MSAA, which is the lowest and fastest setting. I made the video with my "old" 980 GTX. Considering there's a 3 page thread here on Avsim about shimmering with each and every scenery out there (like OrbX), suggesting all kind of tricks to reduce it, and nobody mentioned KCLT, I'd say shimmering is probably subjective, and surely not specific to KCLT.

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Nothing special, the usual Anisotropic filtering, and 2x MSAA, which is the lowest and fastest setting. I made the video with my "old" 980 GTX. Considering there's a 3 page thread here on Avsim about shimmering with each and every scenery out there (like OrbX), suggesting all kind of tricks to reduce it, and nobody mentioned KCLT, I'd say shimmering is probably subjective, and surely not specific to KCLT.

Umberto - Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, the shimmering I experience at KCLT has to do with the interaction of the landing lights (using dynamic lights) with the grooves in the taxiways and the runways. It causes a jagged shimmering type of effect in those grooves at night.  I am running 4xMSAA and 16x Aniso and it is very noticeable. I don't have the shimmering at all during the daytime.  In any case, I don't want to derail the thread and will check in on your forum.  Looking forward to the new KORD and glad to hear it will be P3Dv4 exclusive.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 4/17/2018 at 6:09 PM, Flic1 said:

Umberto - Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, the shimmering I experience at KCLT has to do with the interaction of the landing lights (using dynamic lights) with the grooves in the taxiways and the runways. It causes a jagged shimmering type of effect in those grooves at night.  I am running 4xMSAA and 16x Aniso and it is very noticeable. I don't have the shimmering at all during the daytime.  In any case, I don't want to derail the thread and will check in on your forum.  Looking forward to the new KORD and glad to hear it will be P3Dv4 exclusive.

Same here as you described. CLT at night is not good at all in P3Dv4 due to what you described. 

• Like 1

Eric 

Outside of the mentioned release date of "some date in 2018", has there been any hints or leaks as to how far along they are with this?  2018 could mean Christmas or it could mean tomorrow so I was curious if anyone had any better visibility. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 4/23/2018 at 9:03 AM, Zimmerbz said:

Outside of the mentioned release date of "some date in 2018", has there been any hints or leaks as to how far along they are with this?  2018 could mean Christmas or it could mean tomorrow so I was curious if anyone had any better visibility. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets released rather quickly considering that two other devs are working on the same airport. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |