Sign in to follow this  
flyingjohn50

Unable to re-install PMDG 737 NGX in P3d v3 after removing it

After flying with P3d v3.4.22 19868 Setup for awhile, I just purchased v4 and installed it.  I was advised somewhere that my PMDG 737 would only install in P3dv4 if I first removed it from V3,  with the assurance that I could add it back to V3 anytime later.  I did the uninstall  and installed it into V4 with no issue.  Now I want to have the 737 installed back into P3d V3,   but the installer blocks me with this message: "An outdated version of Prepar3d v3 has been detected.  Before you can install this PMDG product you will need to update Prepar3d."    Well, I did a full new download of P3dv3,  which is most certainly current, but PMDG still blurts out the same message.  Any suggestions?  As I said,  the PMDG was working great in v3 until I removed it.   Thanks.  John

First, PMDG problems are best answered by PMDG Product Support and they also have a forum here in AVSIM.  Second, P3D version of PMDG products apply to both v3 and v4 so I'm not sure what you purchased. Third, their installer will install to either v3 or v4 but I think there is a lower limit to v3 in that it needs v3.2 or later or something like that.  Their Product Support can clarify that for you.

Ah... reread and now I get it.  You purchase v4 of P3D not PMDG. Okay that makes sense.  Which P3Dv3 are you trying to install too?

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

I would go to the PMDG website and logon and download your product again as they might have updated their installer so that the product would work for both P3DV3 and V4.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I did do a fresh download of the PMDG 737 NGX today, but it still hung up,  demanding that I obtain a newer version of P3d v3. Of course,  I have the newest version.

3 minutes ago, flyingjohn50 said:

I did do a fresh download of the PMDG 737 NGX today, but it still hung up,  demanding that I obtain a newer version of P3d v3. Of course,  I have the newest version.

That’s indeed strange, as their planes are compatible with both v3 and v4. If all else fails and you aren’t able to receive support from the people here, either starting a topic in PMDG’s subforum

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/432-pmdg-737ngx/

or PMDG’s support site:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

Edited by Milton Waddams
  • Like 1

I finally got the 737NGX to work after uninstalling it in both V3 and V4 and doing the reinstall.  Not really sure why it didn't work the first time.  Thanks for your help.

Edited by flyingjohn50