Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Captainsim 757 thoughts?

Hi,

Anyone can share experience with the new Captainsim 757?

I've found in the forum some older threads which were partially criticizing the product due to current bugs but since then I've seen fixes have been released so wanted to understand the current level of the product.

What I mainly would like is to know - 

*Is it study level?

*Is it worth the $?

*How would you compare it to other payware -  system level and dynamics wise?

*Is the product being improved as expected? (seems like the older 757 release remained buggy from reviews I have found...)

I'm really on the fence with this one mainly because I know there is a level D 757 in works (and which is in beta at least since June 2017)

Appreciate any feedback!

Shom

• Upvote 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I'm in the same boat as you Shom. Thanks for posting.

Murray Dreyer

1 hour ago, mdreyer said:

I'm in the same boat as you Shom. Thanks for posting.

+1

And if i may: it will work in P3D v4.1?

Thanks

I have owned the CS 757 and QW757 in FSX and I did plunk down the money for the P3D v4 version.  I think it is a better aircraft to fly than the QW version and does have continuing support.

I do not know what you interpret as study level, but it does fly quite well in P3D v4.  I do not think it models system failures though, but the flight model seems accurate.  I do have to make some adjustments to the FMC when I import a flight plan in from P3D.

Is it worth it is something you will have to ask yourself.  I do enjoy flying it.

The CS team have been addressing customer issues as they bring them up ( they have a very responsive forum you can browse).  It does seem to consume more fuel than the PFPX profile models, so I usually add 20% to the PFPX fuel calculation.

It did work for me in v4.1 and now in 4.2.

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl

Edited by BuddyDog
typo

Stephen Forsgren

But just FYI, QW is updating their 757 now and supposedly it will release after the 787 for v4.   Also Level D, during the fall of last year unveiled their 757 for v4 which is supposedly in Beta but haven't heard anything since.   

I was going to wait to decide between the 3 but these two above may take too long.   Idk. 

Edited by jason99vmi

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

2 hours ago, BuddyDog said:

I have owned the CS 757 and QW757 in FSX and I did plunk down the money for the P3D v4 version.  I think it is a better aircraft to fly than the QW version and does have continuing support.

I do not know what you interpret as study level, but it does fly quite well in P3D v4.  I do not think it models system failures though, but the flight model seems accurate.  I do have to make some adjustments to the FMC when I import a flight plan in from P3D.

Is it worth it is something you will have to ask yourself.  I do enjoy flying it.

The CS team have been addressing customer issues as they bring them up ( they have a very responsive forum you can browse).  It does seem to consume more fuel than the PFPX profile models, so I usually add 20% to the PFPX fuel calculation.

It did work for me in v4.1 and now in 4.2.

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl

Thanks for the info! By study level I refer to the need to perform the exact steps to perform certain flows (cold and dark to start up for example), 757 flight dynamics, FMC functionality and so on.

I am less into failures so this point I don't consider much.

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Also curious about the CS757 for p3d4 but hesitant due to the reported bugs and other aspects.  Keep in mind the QW757 is going to be a straight port of the existing FSX version, no new features.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

4 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

Also curious about the CS757 for p3d4 but hesitant due to the reported bugs and other aspects.  Keep in mind the QW757 is going to be a straight port of the existing FSX version, no new features.  

QW is a no go for me due to the fact it seems very "light" in terms of system depth

Shom

Yes Shom I believe you'll like what you'll get.
Systems are well reproduced (although not as complete and accurate as PMDG's liners), FMC is OK for regular use and there is a lot to learn in order to perform a correct cockpit preparation.
Their 757 Flight dynamics is probably one of the best on the market surprisingly, even better than PMDG's 777, for my liking.
Textures are great and so are sounds.

I don't fly her enough to say the product is today 100% bug free but my last flights were very pleasant and without surprises.
I honestly feel more comfortable and quiet flying PMDG birds though, which are rock solid in all circumstances.

I don't know when QW will release their new version and with all the respect due to Level-D folks, we didn't hear from them for almost a decade unfortunately so I will believe it when I'll see it.

Just my 2 cts ;-)

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

12 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Yes Shom I believe you'll like what you'll get.
Systems are well reproduced (although not as complete and accurate as PMDG's liners), FMC is OK for regular use and there is a lot to learn in order to perform a correct cockpit preparation.
Their 757 Flight dynamics is probably one of the best on the market surprisingly, even better than PMDG's 777, for my liking.
Textures are great and so are sounds.

I don't fly her enough to say the product is today 100% bug free but my last flights were very pleasant and without surprises.
I honestly feel more comfortable and quiet flying PMDG birds though, which are rock solid in all circumstances.

I don't know when QW will release their new version and with all the respect due to Level-D folks, we didn't hear from them for almost a decade unfortunately so I will believe it when I'll see it.

Just my 2 cts ;-)

I am also guessing Level D price will be on a different level considering the fact their FSX version for the 767 is being sold for over 50$.

Shom

Let me preface this reply with the fact that I usually restrict my flying to “high end” addons such as PMDG, FSL, and more recently the Maddog X. I recently picked up the CS 757 as I had finally gained enough hours in my VA to “unlock” the 757. I had pretty high expectations from the videos and articles on the aircraft and I have to say I was less than impressed. 

As mentioned above the aircraft does handle pretty well, and the modeling looks great. As long as you don’t zoom in too close. However, there are a few big issues that I cannot look past and ultimately wind up leaving the 757 in the hangar and going back to another aircraft. Firstly, there are no panel states nor is there a Cold and Dark option. Also, the FMC is not very good at providing a VNAV profile that is anywhere near accurate. You mostly wind up having to use VS mode to control your descent. If you can look past these issues it is a decent product. But in my opinion, these are items have pretty much become the standard for products in this price range. Until CS gets these basic items sorted out I can’t recommend the product to anyone. YMMV, but I would hold off this one. That’s my two cents worth. 

• Upvote 2

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

30 minutes ago, N405GJ said:

Let me preface this reply with the fact that I usually restrict my flying to “high end” addons such as PMDG, FSL, and more recently the Maddog X. I recently picked up the CS 757 as I had finally gained enough hours in my VA to “unlock” the 757. I had pretty high expectations from the videos and articles on the aircraft and I have to say I was less than impressed. 

As mentioned above the aircraft does handle pretty well, and the modeling looks great. As long as you don’t zoom in too close. However, there are a few big issues that I cannot look past and ultimately wind up leaving the 757 in the hangar and going back to another aircraft. Firstly, there are no panel states nor is there a Cold and Dark option. Also, the FMC is not very good at providing a VNAV profile that is anywhere near accurate. You mostly wind up having to use VS mode to control your descent. If you can look past these issues it is a decent product. But in my opinion, these are items have pretty much become the standard for products in this price range. Until CS gets these basic items sorted out I can’t recommend the product to anyone. YMMV, but I would hold off this one. That’s my two cents worth. 

I got the TFDI 717 when it was still flawed and it significantly improved to a point I am satisfied with it today.

Question is are CS listening to feedback and improving the issues as well

Shom

Thanks for this thread. I was Think the same and I’ll hold off on purchasing. For that amount of money, vnav should work correctly 

Orman

Shom