Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Captainsim 757 thoughts?

Imo you should wait until 1.1. I tried it and the autopilot put me into a steep dive during descent every time. The LEGS page on the CDU isn't working well either, it ignores any speed restrictions and climb speeds I put into the VNAV page and, for some reason, the F/D doesn't seem to know accel height. What's annoying too is that on every takeoff I did the airplane was completely out of trim even though I set it to the exact value calculated by the FMC for takeoff. Other than that it's a great aircraft that just needs some more work.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I too have the airplane.  I like the airplane.  Sure, it's not PMDG stuff but it's still good.  As others have said, it hand flies well and appears to be stable (no CTD).

That said, there is still room for improvement and hope for fixes (VNAV) and more features (like GPWS) to be added with the next update...which we have been waiting for for sometime. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I too have the airplane.  I like the airplane.  Sure, it's not PMDG stuff but it's still good.  As others have said, it hand flies well and appears to be stable (no CTD).

That said, there is still room for improvement and hope for fixes (VNAV) and more features (like GPWS) to be added with the next update...which we have been waiting for for sometime. 

Thanks for the replies - any comments on system depth and flight dynamics would be helpful! In the FSelite review the flight dynamics were raised as a con, has there been any improvement in that area since the release? From reading the HFs release notes I saw nothing related to this area.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

7 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Sure, it's not PMDG stuff but it's still good.

This is what puts me off. Not necessarily the fact that it's not up to PMDG standard, but the fact that it's in the same price range as the PMDG 737 and at a lower standard.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

14 hours ago, nealmac said:

This is what puts me off. Not necessarily the fact that it's not up to PMDG standard, but the fact that it's in the same price range as the PMDG 737 and at a lower standard.

You know that's a very good point; I've never thought of it that way.  I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that Captainsim follows through and keeps furthering this product.  

So with the thoughts above, I would just waiting to purchase.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I have the CS 757 and 767 for fsx and IMHO they are universally bad...particularly with the poor FMC  modelling and horrible vnav.

So these are long term issues, my experience is that CS does NOT  listen.

Edited by Boomer
  • Like 1

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Boomer said:

my experience is that CS does NOT  listen.

I believe they have turned a new leaf. Have a look at the new version 757 forum. Many bugs and new things are fixed and or brought on by user requests.  This is something far different than before where it was by in large ignored. 

Think this is a pretty great plane. Its alot of fun to fly 757/67 as its more like a hybrid from being the full on automatic everything of todays aircraft and the former ones where you had to do everything.  I have dont alot of flights and for the most part not alot of problems. Certainly not show stoppers.  VNAV not partiularly reliable so keep an eye on it. Ive said it before, and say it again. Do as real pilots do. If VNAV or the aircraft is not behaving the way it should on a specific mode, then intervene. Your the captain.  So im using alot of V/S and FLTCH.  Easy to manage when you have the banana arc and alot more fun and interactive. The FMC is mostly ok. Just missing some advanced features, but I see 1.1 SP will bring more functionality. 

Couple extra things.... Watch the trim from the FMC. Its not quite right. Find a standard trim chart as per your GW. 

Fuel.... Uses about 10-15% extra fuel than simbrief profiles. So just take on a little extra fuel. This was something that was about 30% before, but was adjusted. Now it just needs a little more shave but by now means unusuable. 

Relative to the ol QW57 and the former CS57 this is a huge improvement , and the systems depth relative to those ones are much greater. Most of your flows will be applicable. I dont regret the purchase. Close to PMDG price at a lower standard as some mentioned?  Ah no. Its for P3D v4. Have you seen PMDG v4 prices????

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png