Sign in to follow this  
Mindframe85

Simbrief ?

Hello,

Was looking for a flight planner for the CRJ 900 and came across Skyvector. Not sure if it's the right tool to use but someone recommended using Simbrief? Anyone use this and will my flight plan automatically load into the CRJ? I'm new to this and would like to know. Thanks everyone. 

All I use is Simbrief.  It’s fast and easy to use.  Plus it’s free.  U should be able to create a flight plan and import into the CRJ.  

Matt Wilson

3 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

All I use is Simbrief.  It’s fast and easy to use.  Plus it’s free.  U should be able to create a flight plan and import into the CRJ.  

+1K :)

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Please don't take this badly as it's not how I mean it (at all), but Simbrief is free, you don't have to install anything on your system, so I'm wondering why you didn't just go and try it instead of soliciting opinions.  Go and try it for yourself, it's the only way you'll know.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

To answer the original question, yes Simbrief will create plans you can import into the CRJ.  As posted above it's free, and remarkably easy to use.

28 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Please don't take this badly as it's not how I mean it (at all), but Simbrief is free, you don't have to install anything on your system, so I'm wondering why you didn't just go and try it instead of soliciting opinions.  Go and try it for yourself, it's the only way you'll know.

Best wishes.

Oh yeah I plan to. Just wanted to get a few thoughts on it. Ill give it a try tonight. 

• Like 1

I'm sure you'll love it my friend!

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I use Simbrief and I like it. Easy, free and get you a lot of good information

A perfect tool. You get operational flight plans in the same format as pilots in the real world. And once you set up your aircraft etc, it's super easy and flexible. Fuel calculations are exceptional on PMDG 737.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Just a little point to know.... This soft is well linked with navigraph.  Navigraph is a payware... Yes, You may stay basically on the version 1703 of airacs.

But... but if only one time you need to align the sim and all fms aircrafts with a common airac... the only solution, (to deal the complete information),  is to actualise all parts with navigraph on his least version of airac...

That implicated, rapidly, a permanent subscription... if you want new aircrafts, or having "no missing" points, or perhaps crashes with the importation of the future sim brief pln.

That said, the simbrief is a wonderfull program. I use and like it.

Simbrief is just such a wonderful program even compared to the payware ones.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I dropped my payware and use simbrief exclusivley

ZORAN

Since Simbrief introduced the downloader which installs plans into the correct folders automatically, I'm using it exclusively. 

6 hours ago, ErichB said:

Since Simbrief introduced the downloader which installs plans into the correct folders automatically, I'm using it exclusively. 

Didn't know about the downloader. Installed it this morning, works great  Thanks. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310