Sign in to follow this  
Mindframe85

Simbrief ?

Update: I signed up with simbrief, watched the video tutorials (really helpful btw), created a flight plan and downloaded the CRJ 700 flight plan. I inputed the flight plan to the correct flight plan folder under the CRJ folder which was fine. Now prior to using Simbrief I would just use the P3D default flight planner using VOR waypoints. So when I would ask for clearance ATC knows where I'm heading. Question is now , how do I get ATC in P3D to give me clearance using a flight plan in Simbrief? Anyone know where I'm going with this? I'm using default ATC which I've enjoyed using in the past. 

Also, when I dispatch a flight plan in Simbrief, how do I delete it? I tried doing it yesterday but it couldn't remove at this time or some error like that. 

50 minutes ago, Mindframe85 said:

Update: I signed up with simbrief, watched the video tutorials (really helpful btw), created a flight plan and downloaded the CRJ 700 flight plan. I inputed the flight plan to the correct flight plan folder under the CRJ folder which was fine. Now prior to using Simbrief I would just use the P3D default flight planner using VOR waypoints. So when I would ask for clearance ATC knows where I'm heading. Question is now , how do I get ATC in P3D to give me clearance using a flight plan in Simbrief? Anyone know where I'm going with this? I'm using default ATC which I've enjoyed using in the past. 

Save your simbrief flight plan in the fsx/P3d format and save it to a known location.  Open your flight planner and import into the sim flight planner.  Done

Matt Wilson

35 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Save your simbrief flight plan in the fsx/P3d format and save it to a known location.  Open your flight planner and import into the sim flight planner.  Done

I'll try this out. How do I save it as a P3D format? 

1 hour ago, Mindframe85 said:

U downloaded it the same way as u would for your CRJ except pick the format for the P3D flight planner.  It should be listed as FSX, P3D with a .pln format.

Matt Wilson

32 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

U downloaded it the same way as u would for your CRJ except pick the format for the P3D flight planner.  It should be listed as FSX, P3D with a .pln format.

Ok I'll give it a go. Thanks.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:05 AM, Mindframe85 said:

You really should look into that downloader, it's way better than I initially thought

You set up paths to your P3D folder and for whatever plane you use (there are many formats).  From there, you will just go into the P3D flight planner and load it.  Same for your aircraft FMC file.  It automatically loads whichever format needed and places them in the correct folder (that you specify).  Pretty cool actually.  I used to have to download extra files and put them in the P3D, PMDG, and ProATX-X folders individually. Now it's more or less automatic... very convenient

2 minutes ago, blaird22 said:

You really should look into that downloader, it's way better than I initially thought

You set up paths to your P3D folder and for whatever plane you use (there are many formats).  From there, you will just go into the P3D flight planner and load it.  Same for your aircraft FMC file.  It automatically loads whichever format needed and places them in the correct folder (that you specify).  Pretty cool actually.  I used to have to download extra files and put them in the P3D, PMDG, and ProATX-X folders individually. Now it's more or less automatic... very convenient

I loaded up a Flight plan this morning that was very long with many airways, and fixes, using the downloader into the NGX FMC. It worked perfectly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310