Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Short 360 on the way!

Having teased me by appearing on the Carenado Facebook page a few months ago, the Short 360 has now officially arrived in the 'Incomings' section of Carenado's website. The first screenshots, as always with Carenado, look good and I am sure this fairly unique aircraft will, at least with regard to eye-candy, be a gem! Although not by any means perfect from a systems viewpoint Carenado nevertheless did very well with their Fokker 50 and if they can improve on that with their incoming turboprop airliners then we could be in for some good treats with the SAAB and the Shorts.

As someone who has had quite a few flights in years gone by as a passenger on the 360 mainly commuting from Bristol to Dublin and often bumping along uncomfortably at low levels in the middle of the weather you might think that I might never want to see this noisy unpressurized aircraft again even in a sim but I have always found something inexplicably attractive about it and I for one look forward to its arrival!

Bill

One of the absolute noisiest  and most uncomfortable flights I ever took was from Charlotte, N.C. to Hickory N.C. on a Shorts 360 back in the early 80's. Apparently someone never told the carrier {I don't remember who) that this particular aircraft does not like to fly in 40 kt. crosswinds. Poor flight attendant had to hold onto every seat while trying to move up and down the aisle. The entire flight felt like riding in a buckboard wagon over a washboard road.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

A Shorts 360 was the light commuter type aircraft in subLogic's Flight Assignment:ATP simulator back in the '90's.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Flying shoe box. I remember the ribbing those poor Royal pilot's took coming through Lake Charles back in 1981.

Vic green

Very excited for the Shorts. I messaged Carenado and they said that the Saab should be released during the first half of the year (~June or thereabouts), so I assume that the Shorts will follow sometime in early fall based on when it was first announced and Carenado's general development speed. Assuming it doesn't come with them, I'll be painting American Eagle (Simmons) and Northwest Airlink (Simmons+Pacific Island Aviation) liveries for it as soon as it comes out! 

n374mq-american-eagle-short-360-200_Plan

Northwest_Short_360.jpg

050262.jpg

• Like 1