Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Free Bombardier CRJ-700 Complete HD Rework for Prepar3D v4

Please Note: 

I am having troubles with my website. Meanwhile download the aircraft from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_TBjK9Jm4AtUg1U0k61LsCwxIrNUmJ3D/view

Finally i finished my work, and i would like to share it with the community.
It is a complete high definition rework of the default CRJ-700, ported to (and only compatible with) Prepar3D v4
This thread is intendended to be a feedback and support thread.
Some feature:

• 4K external and virtual cockpit high definition textures
  • TrueGlass© rain drops effects from TFDi Design©
  • Milviz© WX Advantage Radar© implementation (not included, you must own the product)
  • Added new cockpit sound effects
  • Impressive lighting effects and smooth day/night transitions
  • New and fixed flight instruments and VC integrated FMC
  • Hundreds of visual and programming fixes and improvements...

Some images and the showcase video:

bcg_slide-1.jpg

bcg_slide-2.jpg

bcg_slide-3.jpg

bcg_slide-4.jpg

Video:

Download at: http://www.webalice.it/ozoners

Hope you like my work.

Edited by Poppet
edited post on the request of OP to Include an additional link
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

When reporting a problem (i.e. a P3D crash when loading one of the flight scenarios included in the zipped file), please:

• describe the problem the best you can, including every detail
  • copy and paste here the Windows Event Viewer details about the P3D crash

Together we can try to find out what is causing the issue and fix the problem.
Thanks!

Edited by Alberto Zanot

250 visits to the thread and approx. 200 downloads.

But no replies. Well, looks like there are no issues and everything works.
Very good.
I just hope that people also like it :-)

Have a shiny day!

Hi Alberto,

LOL - welcome to the wonderful world of freeware development - I've had projects downloaded over 2000 times - without a single comment -  sometimes casting files off into the abyss that is the file library can be a tad anticlimactic...

Haven't tried your work so I can't comment on it - but THANKS for the huge effort - noted some of your posts over on FSDeveloper - looks good...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Alberto, superb mods for this a/c.

However, on my first flight (ready for t/o) P3Dv4 crashed to desktop after 12 mins of flight. No errors shown.

I will test again because the a/c is worth it, that's for sure.

Just going through the manual now😤

Pierre

Pierre

3rd attempt. Crashed to desktop again after 14 mins. Nothing in the event viewer.

This time I loaded the default flight (F22) and loaded the CRJ700 no dyn lights.

That is all I have for now.

Cheers,

Pierre

Pierre

Mh this is puzzling with this few informations. And always later almost the same minutes... mh...

I've only found problems with Milviz WX Radar installed during my testings. Then they updated it and in all my test flights it flew for 12 hours no stop (unlimited fuel naturally).

Do you have the Milviz wx radar installed and did you installed in the AC?
Also try to change location, take off from somewhere else.
Did you tried also the "dark and cold" flight?

Yes, I have the Milviz wx radar. It is installed. Followed your instructions for that "place mv_wx.dll" in the panel folder but I don't think that is right!!!!. The mv_wx.dll is in the "gauges" main folder. But I tested both setup : inside the panel and inside the gauge folder with the same crash to desktop. (disabled the mv_wx.dll while i did so).

My last flight: ready for takeoff, with mv_wx.dll in the gauges folder and tried disabling Active Sky 16. CTD after 10 mins.

Will try your suggestions

Pierre

the folder "panel" of the plane is correct for the DLL.
P3D (and FSX) works like this: the "gauges" main folder contains the 'common' gauges, but if there is a gauge (even with the same name) in the plane "panel" folder, the simulator will use that and ignore the "gauges" ones.
I think that you have to update your WX radar with the milviz updater, they released a lot of updates for p3dv4 later these days.
Once you upated it, go in the main "gauges" folder and copy the updated DLL copying it in the "panel" plane folder.

My mv_wx.dll is up to date: Just checked again, no updates available. It is listed for P3Dv4.2. Listed as version 1.40.40 dated 22 03 2018.

As per suggestion: loaded cold and dark at LFMN. Did not activate the wx radar from the cockpit and P3D did not crash.

So it is looking like the wx gauge is the problem. Will check my other planes with wx radar and see the results.

Pierre

yes please let me know.
also the fact the you lodaded dark and cold and moved the plane at LFMN may have helped.
I mean, probably is not 100% the wx.

and i think that you do not have planes woth the wx radar integrated INSIDE the VirtualCockpit. Correct? They are just window gauges, i think.
I ask because there is big difference.

Presently flying with the Baron with mv_wx.dll in the cockpit and working flawlessly. No problem. So yes, I have planes with wx radar in the vc, but I have others with the 2d window wx radar.

Of course, as you know they do not use the same files: mv_wx.dll is for the vc and mv_wxm.dll is for the 2d popup.

While I write this my B55 is still running fine with mv_wx.dll after 20 mins.

So my last attempt this morning will to try: change to LFMN cold and drak and initiate wx radar.

Pierre

Another 10 mins of flying. No CTD.

Changed departure to LFMN, initiated mv_wx.dll from the cockpit. Departed Nice towards the north (Tstorms) , no problem and wx radar showing rain activity in the area.

So, maybe a problem with the initial scenario LIRF and ready for t/off ??

On a side note Alberto, I use dyn lighting and noticed the dyn light of the a/c seems too much: for example, with just the taxi lights, dynamic lighting washes out the runway markings so they become unreadable. Just my observation.

Have to go to lunch now,

Cheers,

Pierre

Pierre