Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Over Arizona Farmland

Aerolite 103 Ultralight, out of Buckeye to Gila Bend, Arizona, cross country ultralight flying at it's best!

John

Aerolite_103_27.jpg
Aerolite_103_37.jpg
Aerolite_103_28.jpg
Aerolite_103_38.jpg
Aerolite_103_29.jpg
Aerolite_103_30.jpg
Aerolite_103_31.jpg
Aerolite_103_32.jpg
Aerolite_103_39.jpg
Aerolite_103_33.jpg
Aerolite_103_34.jpg
Aerolite_103_35.jpg
Aerolite_103_36.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Very nice. Farmland usually looks pretty convincing to me in most flightsim situations.

John

7 minutes ago, John F said:

Very nice. Farmland usually looks pretty convincing to me in most flightsim situations.

John

I made the scenery from Sat Photos using Ortho4XP for Xplane.  My photo scenery extends from Southern BC in Canada, in an ever widening swath down the coast towards the Mexican border, encompassing parts of British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, and a small swath of Sonora Mexico.  Ran out of room thank goodness, it took my PC almost 48 man hours to grind out all that photo scenery using USA_2 as the source, which has more natural looking scenery than P3D photo scenery (i.e. MSE or hombuilt with FSEarthtiles).  One day I will invest in a larger secondary hard drive dedicated to just photoscenery and nothing else.  As a student pilot I find it much more immersive than flying over repetitive autogen or landclass, since you can't discern anything but tall buildings in the flight levels.  Out in the open desert the Aerolite 103 was at the perfect cruising altitude, between 2 and 3 thousand feet AGL.

John

Very nice shots of Arizona!

HLJAMES

• Like 1

Is rare to see ultralight screenshots, it's a good idea, thx for nice pictures.

Mark

11 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Is rare to see ultralight screenshots, it's a good idea, thx for nice pictures.

Mark

Wasn't my idea, blame the folks at Xplane for putting this bird together for their coming 11.20 release.  They must have read my mind for I have always felt if I wanted a fixed wing ultralight I would have bought one of Dennis Carley's real Aerolight 103's or would have found a sim one for P3D or Xplane, and Austin delivered.  How I purchase payware, I buy aircraft that fill various niches, such as Ultralight Class (The Xplane11's coming Aerolite 103 or my own ultralight trike for P3D), single engine class (The Carenado 337 or Alabeo 177), the dual engine class (such as Alabeo Cessna 310 or Carenado Seneca), the propjet class (such as the Pilatus PC 12 for Xplane or the Beech 200 for P3D), and finally the light jet class (such as Aerobask's Xplane Eclipse or Carenado's Citation 550). 

I have spent a lot on these things but I think of it in several different ways.  If I go to a rock concert which I still do every so often I am out $100 for a two hour show and I am done with it.  But with these add-on aircraft they are the gift that keeps on giving, the builders who work hard get their money for their CAD projects, their flight dynamics and so on, and we in return get many hours of endless entertainment or instruction based on their work.

Good job to all the developers who have sold me product since I started simming back in the 'ol 80's...

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

If I go to a rock concert which I still do every so often I am out $100 for a two hour show

Sure, the money spend for addons is very less with comparison to a lot of  activities. And we keep (often for long time) those acquisitions for a great passion: flying !

when today I payed a restaurant 168€... Huuummm I haved this in mind: it's more that the fslab Airbus that I'm looking for this morning... Not a cheap addon indeed.

This serie of screenshots above remind me this kind of flying machines and I shall looking... if one, well done, exist in P3dv4. (Any suggestion is welcome).  The basic one in the sim don't agree me.

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

Good job to all the developers who have sold me product since I started simming back in the 'ol 80's...

Yes really, they do great jobs for our fun.

Mark

• Upvote 1

Great Landscape

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Beautiful  shots of Arizona!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.