Sign in to follow this  
Ben Vaughan

P3D V4.2 Ctd on selecting airport

Hello peeps, on my p3d v4.2 when ever i select an airport and click ok... i get a CTD with no error messages. if i dont change the airport it loads up no problem...

my addons are

UK2000 EGSS (My most used airport)

Orbx England

FSWX

GSX

thats it, i did try loading other airports other than EGSS but stil CTD.

Reinstalling p3d Is not an option :)

many thanks Ben v 

Bad weather in the area?  That can cause it if own any Carenado aircraft (do not need to be loaded).  Their weather radar, CMeteoXmlx64.dll, will cause your sim to freeze and then go to the desktop without any errors.  I had ASP4 loaded with a flight in bad weather and it froze and crashed pretty fast.  If you own a Carenado aircraft, they throw in a entry in one of the dll.xml's and it is loaded on every flight.  Best to disable it by changing False to True in the entry or removing the entry entirely.  It took me 3 days to figure this out because ASP4 showed an error in their log and I thought for sure it was ASP4 causing the problem.  Then, after submitting a trouble ticket, I decided to read my AVSIM CTD Guide and disable the dll.xml's to see if the problem still existed.  It did not and I guessed immediately it was the CMeteoXMLx64.dll as I had issues with it in the past.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Bad weather in the area?  That can cause it if own any Carenado aircraft (do not need to be loaded).  Their weather radar, CMeteoXmlx64.dll, will cause your sim to freeze and then go to the desktop without any errors.  I had ASP4 loaded with a flight in bad weather and it froze and crashed pretty fast.  If you own a Carenado aircraft, they throw in a entry in one of the dll.xml's and it is loaded on every flight.  Best to disable it by changing False to True in the entry or removing the entry entirely.  It took me 3 days to figure this out because ASP4 showed an error in their log and I thought for sure it was ASP4 causing the problem.  Then, after submitting a trouble ticket, I decided to read my AVSIM CTD Guide and disable the dll.xml's to see if the problem still existed.  It did not and I guessed immediately it was the CMeteoXMLx64.dll as I had issues with it in the past.

Thanks for your suggestion but that is not the problem.. do you have any other recommendations

Did you rename the two dll.xml's to dll.off and rename the p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off (see pages 10-15, AVSIM CTD Guide)?  That fixes most problems. 

Did you disable FSWX as it is not compatible with P3DV4.2 (according to their site it is only compatible to v3).  There have been a couple of other members who had crashes with it enabled.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 4/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jim Young said:

Did you rename the two dll.xml's to dll.off and rename the p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off (see pages 10-15, AVSIM CTD Guide)?  That fixes most problems. 

Did you disable FSWX as it is not compatible with P3DV4.2 (according to their site it is only compatible to v3).  There have been a couple of other members who had crashes with it enabled.

On 4/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jim Young said:

I need a solution please. I have tried with all of this but nothing happens. Same error as the mate.

please help me 

There are no other solutions as far as I know.  If the guidance in the CTD Guide, pages 10-15, did not work and you looked at the rear of the guide and read the part about FSX/P3D crashing on loading at startup, then, recommend you reformat your drive, reinstall Windows, and then P3D.  I have had to do that many times to fix an error.

Submit News to AVSIM