Oxygen toggle

To All,

From the DC-6 Intro Doc :

-------------------

• Cycle Through Other Players:
o Default Sim Command: SHIFT+CTRL+O
o DC-6 Function: Toggle Oxygen

--------------------

I assigned the above function to a hardware (J Stick) button as recommended in the DC-6 Intro document .

> Is this toggled oxygen for cockpit aircrew (via masks?) only ?  Or for the Pax also ? 

> Is there a switch or other control in the VC that will accomplish this ?

> And,  is there anything that can be viewed in the VC (or elsewhere) to verify whether

this toggled oxygen is ON or OFF ?  I don't 100% trust my hardware buttons ~:)

Thank you for this incredibly interesting and fun Plane.

Ken

Ken Boardman

8 hours ago, Elsmoko said:

To All,

From the DC-6 Intro Doc :

-------------------

• Cycle Through Other Players:
o Default Sim Command: SHIFT+CTRL+O
o DC-6 Function: Toggle Oxygen

--------------------

I assigned the above function to a hardware (J Stick) button as recommended in the DC-6 Intro document .

> Is this toggled oxygen for cockpit aircrew (via masks?) only ?  Or for the Pax also ? 

> Is there a switch or other control in the VC that will accomplish this ?

> And,  is there anything that can be viewed in the VC (or elsewhere) to verify whether

Thank you for this incredibly interesting and fun Plane.

Ken

Ken we simulate Pilot oxygen only. The oxygen should only toggled ON if the pressurization system fails or not correctly configured. You will understand when this happen as we have simulated hypoxia effect by blacking out the screen gradually.

So if you suddenly see that you can't use any plane controls and the screen starts to fade to black you know that you have to toggle the O2 ON.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

FYI,  I fly FSX Acceleration in Win 7-64.

Thank you for the reply Chris;  and for answering my first question. I have a few other questions also ;

> Is there a switch or other control in the VC that will accomplish this (besides my assigned hardware controller button) ?

>  Is it possible to assign a hardware controller button to silence the LG warning horn ?  Or,  is there a keyboard key that

will accomplish this ?

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman

No other VC controller exist for the O2 operation, and also there isn't some kind of indication.

The LG horn does not have any controller button, only through the VC.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for the answers Chris.  I'll figure out a different way to fastly access the button,  and if the screen begins to turn gray / black

I'll assume I need to (re)toggle the Oxy button ~:)

Do you know of a way to save a custom cockpit (VC) view ?  I was thinking of modifying the FE's Pedestal view and saving it as an

additional view.  I'm hoping to create a more head on view of the aft face of the pedestal showing Horn Button, Carb Heat, Mixtures, etc.

and assign this view to a controller button if possible.

Best regards,

Ken 

Ken Boardman