Sign in to follow this  
Quellow

How to contact PC Aviator

Hopeless. just annoying to deal with.

Seem full of good intentions....the road to hell is paved with them!

I will not consider dealing with them until they deliver what is paid for.

You pays your money...they take it....and then you are stuck!

Why offer a discount code that is expired before its expiry date...that is PC Aviator folks!

Split from necropost.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I’ve written to them twice in the last few days asking for the latest version of SimStarterNG to be made available.

Not heard anything back despite their promise they reply in 24-48 hrs.

Their service doesn’t seem as good these days. 🙁

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray

Which of the PCA stores are you talking about - the US one or the Australian one?

Although my understanding is that they have a common ownership, they have different product ranges, different managers and, from what I have experienced, different administrative and customer relations styles - not so much a Tweedledum and Tweedledee comparative experience as a chalk and cheese one.

I have consistently had a very good customer experience with Dean at the Australian store.

Gary

• Like 1

Gary,

It's the US one. Maybe the 4th Juiy holiday has had an impact but this isn't the first time they're slow to respond or not at all sometimes.

I've asked on the SimStarterNG support forum over at Aerosoft if the author can make contact behind the scenes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 7/6/2018 at 4:02 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's the US one. Maybe the 4th Juiy holiday has had an impact but this isn't the first time they're slow to respond or not at all sometimes. 

PC Aviator does not provide support for products like SimStarterNG unless there was a problem purchasing the product such as you did not get a link to the download.  I do not think support type questions will be answered unless there was a problem with the download.  They have always responded immediately to me after telling them about a corrupted part of a MegaScenery download.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

After posting on the Aerosoft forum I discovered I could download the update from them after registering the product.

But PC Aviator are doing a disservice to their customers by not making the latest version available for new customers. I wasn’t asking for support. Just that they make the latest version available for new customers and those wishing to update.

I imagine the reason you got a quick reply was it could affect sales.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This thread reminds me that I have never had a reply to a message I sent them some months ago about an error in my order history. I have now sent them a further message and it will be interesting to see whether I receive any response. Not good customer service for a company from whom I have made many purchases!

Bill

• Upvote 1

I have unanswered emails from years ago. Wouldn't go near them now

ZORAN

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But PC Aviator are doing a disservice to their customers by not making the latest version available for new customers.

For AVSIM Online!, we have a portal where customers can gain access to modify their advertisement or renew.  I would think these commercial stores would have a similar method where the developer can sign into his product account and upload an update immediately.  So, perhaps it is not an issue with PCA but with the respective developer?  If that is not the case, then the store owner needs to immediately contact the developer(s) as soon as he knows there is an update to one of the thousands of products sold on PCA and get it uploaded to him/her so he can get it posted before product owners complain. 

I would hate to own an FS commercial store with all the complaints I have seen lately on AVSIM Online! as it is Simming's Premier Resource for news and information and it is well-known that posting here can do much damage to a commercial store owner (and individual developers) if they do not have their ducks in order.  Not sure if I'm proud of that fact!

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

This thread reminds me that I have never had a reply to a message I sent them some months ago about an error in my order history. I have now sent them a further message and it will be interesting to see whether I receive any response. Not good customer service for a company from whom I have made many purchases!

Bill

I understand they updated their system and all of the products you own should be synced and showing up.  In my case, I have hundreds of purchases and my order history is unscathed and in order.  Hopefully you have a backup as they suggest. 

Submit News to AVSIM

56 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

For AVSIM Online!, we have a portal where customers can gain access to modify their advertisement or renew.  I would think these commercial stores would have a similar method where the developer can sign into his product account and upload an update immediately.  So, perhaps it is not an issue with PCA but with the respective developer?  If that is not the case, then the store owner needs to immediately contact the developer(s) as soon as he knows there is an update to one of the thousands of products sold on PCA and get it uploaded to him/her so he can get it posted before product owners complain. 

I would hate to own an FS commercial store with all the complaints I have seen lately on AVSIM Online! as it is Simming's Premier Resource for news and information and it is well-known that posting here can do much damage to a commercial store owner (and individual developers) if they do not have their ducks in order.  Not sure if I'm proud of that fact!

I posted on Aerosoft and asked how to get the latest version. Mathijs replied in a few words saying he would check. Then, the author of SimStarterNG pointed me to the Aerosoft database where I could download the update once I entered the serial number.

Neither gave any clue as to how the update process works with external retailers.

I have posted a third and hopefully final message to PCA (US) and advised them it's in their profession interest to read and respond to this discussion. Let's see if that does anything. They have still to update to the latest version of SimStarterNG.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

So, perhaps it is not an issue with PCA but with the respective developer?  If that is not the case, then the store owner needs to immediately contact the developer(s) as soon as he knows there is an update to one of the thousands of products sold on PCA and get it uploaded to him/her so he can get it posted before product owners complain. 

That is not the case.  After asking PCA to update one of their files and receiving no response, I started interacting directly with the developer.  The developer asked PCA multiple times to update the file.  Finally after a couple of weeks, the developer gave up and e-mailed me a dropbox link to download the new file.

2 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

The developer asked PCA multiple times to update the file.  Finally after a couple of weeks, the developer gave up and e-mailed me a dropbox link to download the new file.

Thanks for that info.  That's sad.  The update release should be immediate or the product removed from the store if that is not possible.

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

That is not the case.  After asking PCA to update one of their files and receiving no response, I started interacting directly with the developer.  The developer asked PCA multiple times to update the file.  Finally after a couple of weeks, the developer gave up and e-mailed me a dropbox link to download the new file.

You've helped me make up my mind. I will not be buying any more software from PC Aviator. They have only themselves to blame for this. if you ignore your customers you're on a slippery path.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, think I will do the same but every Tuesday they have 10% off every product on top of any developer sale and I'll miss those.  Will have to think about this a bit more.... 

Submit News to AVSIM