Sign in to follow this  
Quellow

How to contact PC Aviator

28 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Yes, think I will do the same but every Tuesday they have 10% off every product on top of any developer sale and I'll miss those.  Will have to think about this a bit more.... 

You have to wonder if that policy is sustainable in the long term.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The weekly 10% sales have been for going on for years. And then there is their popular MegaScenery which also goes on sale periodically.  If you need photoscenery, they are one of the popular Sources.  I do not think anyone here at AVSIM can possibly put them out of business as there have been several unsuccessful attempts.  They have been around since FS was FS.  Not trying to protect them as I think you do deserve a response to a request for support even though they have nothing to do with the product support (such as, support for this product is provided by XYZ developer. Please contact them and request they send any updates to product updates@PCA.com).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi everyone. 

I am passing this information onto the U.S. store staff so it can be addressed.

• Like 1

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

All some of us are asking for is that PCA US updates their files when new versions are made available by the developers.  I completely understand that some slip through the cracks, even on your end Dean.  The main difference is when I e-mail you, Dean, you correct the files within days and respond back.  Our requests to PCA US seem to fall into a black hole, never to be heard from again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PCAviator said:

Hi everyone. 

I am passing this information onto the U.S. store staff so it can be addressed.

Thank you Dean. The US branch is letting down the name of PC Aviator. Hopefully they'll appreciate the importance of good customer service.

@Jim Young, I'll ask Aerosoft how the update process works. I agree the author of the program should initiate notifications to other retailers that a new version is available.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Then, the author of SimStarterNG pointed me to the Aerosoft database where I could download the update once I entered the serial number.

Thanks Ray

I didn’t know I could do that. Your sharing of this info is appreciated.

• Like 1

Best regards

Rupert

19 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I understand they updated their system and all of the products you own should be synced and showing up.  In my case, I have hundreds of purchases and my order history is unscathed and in order.  Hopefully you have a backup as they suggest

My order history is fine apart from one item (a Carenado aircraft) where the order is described as ‘failed’ rather than ‘complete’ and the download link for this is no longer present.

I cannot however understand why it is listed as failed as PC Aviator have been paid for the order (confirmed on my PayPal history) which I was able to download at the time but the link has since disappeared! In terms of the original download this is not a problem as I back everything up but I would like to be able to download any update that may appear for this in the future, which is why I have asked them to amend the error. 

I know mine is a minor issue but one would have thought that good customer service would merit a response within 3 months!

Bill

• Like 1

I've ordered quite a bit through PCAviator through the years. I've had no issues to speak of.

Hope they stay a solid and decent e-seller.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

I've ordered quite a bit through PCAviator through the years. I've had no issues to speak of.

Hope they stay a solid and decent e-seller.

To be fair to PC Aviator, the problem I described above is the only issue I've had with them in around 70 transactions and should be a simple issue to resolve - it would just be good to see that happen or at least have some response to a polite support request!

Bill

Edited by scianoir

Bill,

Please provide your order number for the order in question and I will take a look for you.

Dean

I want to reply concerning my experience today. Mega Scenery Earth has just come out with a new upgrade for FloridaV3 2017. There are 19 files for this upgrade and all went well with all of them except for file 17. It was half the size it should have been so of course it could not be installed.

At 1030am today, I sent an email to Mega Scenery Earth explaining the problem. I received a reply at 1:10pm today from Robert Ferraro informing me that they have uploaded a new file. I downloaded the file and it was completely correct.

I know that there has been are reported problem with getting reply's from them so I wanted to share my positive experience.

Lyn

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PCAviator said:

Bill,

Please provide your order number for the order in question and I will take a look for you.

Hi Dean,

The order is with PC Aviator USA and the order number is 223129 (for the Carenado Grand Caravan EX).

Many thanks,

Bill

Bill,

I have corrected that error. basically every so often Paypal will send a payment processed flag to our store, and then for some reason sends a second flag as payment incomplete, and hence it cancels the order immediately after and marks it as failed. I have no idea why this occurs, but the order had been corrected and the download link and code should now appear in your orders history for that item.

• Upvote 1

Dean

Dean,

I checked earlier today and SimStarterNG is still v1.7 on PCA USA when v1.8 has been available for nearly two weeks.

Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft has stated emails are sent out to all retailers telling them to download the latest version from the Aerosoft database.

Perhaps you can remind PCA USA of their responsibilities. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, PCAviator said:

Bill,

I have corrected that error. basically every so often Paypal will send a payment processed flag to our store, and then for some reason sends a second flag as payment incomplete, and hence it cancels the order immediately after and marks it as failed. I have no idea why this occurs, but the order had been corrected and the download link and code should now appear in your orders history for that item.

I appreciate your help in sorting that Dean and thank you for explaining the problem. I confirm that everything is now correct in my order history.

Many thanks,

Bill