Sign in to follow this  
Quellow

How to contact PC Aviator

On 7/12/2018 at 5:25 PM, PCAviator said:

Bill,

I have corrected that error. basically every so often Paypal will send a payment processed flag to our store, and then for some reason sends a second flag as payment incomplete, and hence it cancels the order immediately after and marks it as failed. I have no idea why this occurs, but the order had been corrected and the download link and code should now appear in your orders history for that item.

Dean,  

Hello. I have spoken with you in the past over the years at the Orbx Forums and ironically I posted there asking how to contact anyone from PC Aviator and they sent me here, and voila, here you are.  I am having an issue with orders made with the US store.  I have purchased several products, sent emails to get the products updated, yet no responses.  The orders in question are #167885 for the Carenado Grand Caravan EX, #163597 the Alabeo C400 Corvalis and finally #99944 the Carenado TBM850. 

I have been awaiting updates for these files so I can enjoy them in P3DV4.  Sorry to "highjack" this thread but I've sent several responses to the site all to no avail.

Kind regards,

Gary Williams

On 7/13/2018 at 8:05 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Dean,

I checked earlier today and SimStarterNG is still v1.7 on PCA USA when v1.8 has been available for nearly two weeks.

Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft has stated emails are sent out to all retailers telling them to download the latest version from the Aerosoft database.

Perhaps you can remind PCA USA of their responsibilities. 

Hi Ray,

We received this from Aerosoft a while ago regarding updating SimStarter NG through the program itself:

·      Automatic program update of SIMstarter NG

·         Make sure that "Program settings > Check for program update" is checked

·         The update will be installed by the updater. Data won't be overwritten.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

7 hours ago, PCAviator said:

Hi Ray,

We received this from Aerosoft a while ago regarding updating SimStarter NG through the program itself:

·      Automatic program update of SIMstarter NG

·         Make sure that "Program settings > Check for program update" is checked

·         The update will be installed by the updater. Data won't be overwritten.

Dean,

That works fine for minor updates like 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 that I installed over the weekend. But for major updates it's necessary to download the latest installer. For example 1.7 to 1.8 was a new installer.

Not forgetting too that new customers will be downloading an older version which probably won't be supported on the SimStarterNG forum.

LATER: Just checked on my PC Aviator account and SimStarterNG is still showing 1.7.0.2 as the latest version. Dean, you need to give PC Aviator US a good kick up the backside. They were notified of this update weeks ago.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I spent weeks trying to get response from pc aviator about my a2a Cessna 182 order. Didn’t even get a reply!

had to go directly to a2a in the end and they were able to sort things out for me. 

Finally!!!

Over 3 weeks since v1.8 of SimStarterNG was announced I receive an email from PC Aviator (US) that the update is available.

That's pretty shambolic customer service if I'm honest. Robert Ferraro, you need to improve your customer service.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That's pretty shambolic customer service if I'm honest. Robert Ferraro, you need to improve your customer service.

And you need to stop being so rude!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

31 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

And you need to stop being so rude!

That isn’t being rude. Look back on this topic. Not one reply from PCAviator US despite the Australian branch saying they would bring this to their attention.

If paying customers aren’t happy they’re quite entitled to express dissatisfaction.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One other thing. Three weeks ago I used the Contact Us option to send a message to PCA US. An automated reply said I would receive a reply in 24-48 hrs. Three weeks later I’m still waiting.

That happened twice. I stand by my original statement.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

nd you need to stop being so rude!

Jim,

I have always been able to get in contact with PC Aviator without any problems.  I just call.  Sometimes it takes three or four times to get through, a little patience helps. 🙂 My dealings have almost always been with Mark who was always helpful.  I did have some issues exchanging emails with them and it was related to spam filters on my end and their end.   

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

41 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Jim,

I have always been able to get in contact with PC Aviator without any problems.  I just call.  Sometimes it takes three or four times to get through, a little patience helps. 🙂 My dealings have almost always been with Mark who was always helpful.  I did have some issues exchanging emails with them and it was related to spam filters on my end and their end.   

I gave up on them however there are 2 products that I want but their website wont allow me to buy stating my postcode is not correct..but it is.

just sent an email again so lets see if they reply and will post the result here if they do.

Spam folder shouldn't be an issue as they sent me an email for a promotion to my inbox and Im replying directly

ZORAN

For anyone that is contemplating buying from this outfit....please....JUST DON'T.  Because they refuse to update to latest versions, I just had to repurchase both KPHX and KDEN as the versions on their site are updated for P3D v3 only.  Flightbeam is gracious enough to supply a ONE TIME link to download the airports purchased from PCA out of the kindness of their hearts and mentioned how they ignore even them when notified of updates.  Unfortunately I misplaced the downloads, but Flightbeam is running a sale so it worked out ok.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2018 at 7:42 AM, zmak said:

I gave up on them however there are 2 products that I want but their website wont allow me to buy stating my postcode is not correct..but it is.

just sent an email again so lets see if they reply and will post the result here if they do.

Spam folder shouldn't be an issue as they sent me an email for a promotion to my inbox and Im replying directly

No reply to my email.  Incredible in this day and age of smartphones ..

ZORAN

Accept his emails to you wanting your $$$$  " I notice you have not purchased anything ..."  regular as always.

• Upvote 1

Gary Stewart

Developers need to move into the 21st Century in regards to software technology.  You are the owner of their product and they need a way to let you know their product has been updated.  Telling you to go back to the store is not an option.  PMDG has with their Ops Center.  PointSoft has with the ProATC/X.  Dreamteam and FlightBean too.  Then maybe we can get rid of these topics where the posters do everything they can to make it rough for a store owner if they don't respond to them immediately.  If I were a store owner, I would demand this.  Why should I take the heat when a software developer didn't do his job.  He's in business to sell his products and most demand owners of their products activate their license on their server.  Like PointSoft calling home when you start up ProATC/X and asking if there's an update and then giving you the option to update now or later and even checking your program to make sure the latest NAV and AIRAC data have been properly imported.  I also like developers who send me e-mails with links to the updated product.  But, telling me to go back to Wal-Mart, er, I mean PC Aviator and getting a fix for 'their' product is a non-starter.  I would avoid those developers as much as possible and I'm glad some of them were mentioned above!

Store owners, be it PC Aviator, Aerosoft, FlightSimStore, PCPilot, FlightOne, etc., are part of the flight simulation community.  Most have been long time members of our community.  They serve the community in different ways.  Members help members when someone has a problem.  Store owners obviously want to help software developers sell their products.  I am positive store owners do not want to offend their customers but they can not make everyone happy.  This topic represents just a few disgruntled customers who demand more from our community than others.  I'm a happy customer.  I recently had a problem with a MSE product as it was missing 3 downloads.  I sent an e-mail to customer support to let them know about the issue and never heard from them immediately.  The next day I checked the download again and saw that the file had been repaired and downloaded the three files.  A couple of days later, got an e-mail from customer support with a link to the 3 files.  For me that was acceptable but know others in this topic would have demanded immediate action. 

Please try to be as factual as possible with your "demands" in this thread.  Making inciting/offensive posts where the owner does not have the opportunity or desire to respond like the post just above this post is not acceptable.  Being rude is not acceptable.  This is NOT Reddit where anything goes.  Be polite and respectful of your fellow community members.  The store owners, software developers, and AVSIM will be very happy when you show some respect!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had to open a new support request with PCA US and I will keep this factual.

Yesterday I purchased the upgrade version of Latin VFR's TXKF Bermuda.  Since I owned an earlier version of the product, I paid $5.40 with the Tuesday discount.  I received my download link immediately and downloaded the product.

Upon install, it asked me for a serial number.  Hmmm....nope, no serial number in the e-mails from PCA, no serial number in my order history for that particular order.

I fired off a support request last night asking for my serial number.  I'll let you all know when/if it is resolved.