Sign in to follow this  
neilbradley1

PMDG B737NGX and X-Plane

About two years ago, did I see a general post that indicated the NGX was being developed for X-Plane? Is that development still proceeding, especially as now it appears that a high quality version is in Beta for X-Plane and it's free? The YouTube videos indicate a quality product. And it would seem that X-Plane is not having the performance problems of P3D V4 and also has better flight dynamics.

Neil Bradley

I don‘t want to go into this „better“-rumor again but regarding the known „facts“ about the devolepment it is more than unlikely that PMDG will release anything for XP in the near future. I know what you are talking about, they evaluated the possibility of further addons with the development and release of the DC6 and came to the conclusion that they have no plans atm for x-plane. 

I personally have a (stuttering and) flickering XP11 and absolutely no issues with P3Dv4 so please... making wrong statements about P3D and praising his holyness the eleventh X-Plane won‘t help anyone. 

• Upvote 1

My PMDG 737, 747, and 777 are working flawlessly with P3Dv4.2.    I also own XP11 and really love the visuals, especially night lighting, and also notice they had effects like dynamic lights and windshield rain effects long before P3D.  I made the video below with the default 737 and the NYC area and airports created by Drzewiecki Design to show how rich the XP11 environment can be.  The only frustrating thing is not having a PMDG-quality airliner.  The default 737 looks good on the outside, but it's very rudimentary when it comes to flying it.  At the end of the day, it's obviously up to PMDG if they want to transfer a great product like the NGX to XP11, but I honestly would love to have that option.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

X Plane lacks so much for me, I would never consider using it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

X Plane lacks so much for me, I would never consider using it. 

I did consider it, gotta be open to new things Bob.  I had XPL loaded and learned how to cope with it's unique user interface during beta testing the DC6.  When we were done with that project I removed XPL from my computer and will probably not be open to it for some time.

Dan Downs KCRP

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

I did consider it, gotta be open to new things Bob.  I had XPL loaded and learned how to cope with it's unique user interface during beta testing the DC6.  When we were done with that project I removed XPL from my computer and will probably not be open to it for some time.

Tried it many times over the years, each time it quickly wound up in my recycle bin. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

XP11 is much better in every respect than XP10. Even if there are no further XP releases I hope PMDG will update the DC-6B to full XP11 compatibility.

Having both P3Dv4 and XP11 I find they both run very well on my PC. No problems at all. XP11 is still not so good for airliner flying. I use it more for flying GA aircraft.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I tried XP11 for about 2 months. It has some very nice features, but it is not ready for prime time, IMHO.

Until it has seasonal changes, a decent ATC (the default FSX/P3D is superb compared to XP's!) and weather like ActiveSky, it will be gather dust on my computer. I switched to Prepar3Dv4 and do not regret it one little bit...other than the $$ I spend on addons for XP ;-)

Edited by ndflieger
typo

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Well Dan, I had actually gotten used to it's weird (very linuxey) interface,and it took more than 6 months to feel at home with it. I recently removed X-Plane 10 and now pretty much fly 99% on X-Plane 11. The interface is much more friendly now and the Zibo Mod 737 is nearly as good as the NGX. 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have P3Dv4 and love it, but I also have XP11 and love it too. I switch back and forth and find great things about both sims.

I really enjoy flying the Flight Factor A320 and IXEG 737 in XP11.  I love "Better Pushback" more than any pushback probram in P3Dv4.

If PMDG made the NGX for XP11, I would buy it again in a minute!

• Like 2

Why don't you just let this die already?

They will tell you when they want to, if they even want to.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Have you read the thread?  It isn’t just people asking the same question. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

Use the zibo mod/737 ultimate. It is not as complete systems-wise, but it is getting there. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus