Sign in to follow this  
bill62

Trying to get a new key since Sunday

I've trying manual and automated request and email DT and JD both.

Are there other options?

Bill Moore

53 minutes ago, bill62 said:

I've trying manual and automated request and email DT and JD both.

Are there other options?

Write to Doug Thompson. His email address is in several posts. And please ask him why the auto process isn’t working and post his reply here. Neither he or John will provide support here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Be sure your mailer is sending plain text, not html, for the auto system to work.

Ronzie, did not know that (plain text).

Just changed it and resent the key.

tks

Bill Moore

I resent the key request last night and again this morning, making sure it was plan text.

Still no response.

also sent screen shot as directed by JD.

Bill Moore

OK, this is highly unusual.  I'm not getting any kind of feedback from the key system, Doug T, or JD. Over a week now.

Bill Moore

Bill,

If you’re not getting a key back using the plain text email the formatting of it must be wrong. It doesn’t require human intervention.

Or perhaps you have changed emails since buying it. In any case an email to Doug Thompson will get a response. See other reg messages for his address.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, thanks for the response.

I emailed Doug and JD both (several times) but got no response.

With regard to the email address I have not changed it. I actually got one response (the first request) on Sunday using that email but the key returned did not work.

Using the same email address, I have not gotten anything since then.

I made sure it was text only and I used both manual and automated request.

I will note that on the first request (manually entered) my name and key appeared as follows

firstname ! lastname ! key

The automated request are formatted as follows:

key ! firstname ! lastname.

Don't know if that matters but I'm out of ideas.

Bill Moore

Bill,

It would help knowing which email address you used for both JD and Doug.

I’ll try sending a test email tomorrow to see if the key thing works.

Finally, it would help if you posted your location so I know the time difference.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Thanks, I'm U.S. Central Standard Time. I used the email addresses below:

doug@jdtllc.com

jd@jdtllc.com

dthompss@comcast.net

Bill Moore

Bill,

Those are correct and Doug should certainly have contacted you via his personal email.

Six hours behind GMT, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Bill,

The instructions for sending a plain text email containing your Product ID are not completely clear in my opinion. Whether there should be a space or not between the ! and your names is not obvious. The example in the afterinstall.rtf in the main RC4 folder shows spaces either side of the !

I would try both as follows in two separate emails:-

Subject line: RCv4 Key Request

Body Text first line: Product ID!John!Doe

Alternative Body Text first line: Product ID ! John ! Doe

Don't include any signature in the body text.

One of those should work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

bill62...hope you don't mind me jumping in on your topic but suffering the same as yourself...but only since Monday morning.

ive just sent 6 more emails to the 3 addresses you have (again) 2 to each address each with spaces and without spaces (just incase)

sadly 36 hours for me and no response

Andrew

Andrew,

I’ve written to John and Doug but not heard back from them yet.

In any case only emails (plain text) to this address will return a registration key. register@jdtllc.com

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather