Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

XP 11.20r1 is out

I've tried my Oculus VR in XP and it's a no-go. Do not like it at all. AFS2 is the ONLY VR which I find great to use. Particularly with respect to the clarity and fluidity of the cockpit, switches, outside view, etc. I wait for XP to get more mature with its VR implementation.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Hadn't seen anyone comment on the new night textures for cities yet.

It's a revelation for me. I had stopped flying at night because the popping lights and short range (leading into blackness) just killed it for me.

The new textures aren't perfect, but they very much work as intended.

I had heard this update makes fps for non VR users plummet....  (reports on the org).  Anyone updated to 11.20 final yet?

Also I read they updated the C400 to fit the G1000.  Was it just that or did they redo the whole model to make it look nicer?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I had heard this update makes fps for non VR users plummet....  (reports on the org).  Anyone updated to 11.20 final yet?

Also I read they updated the C400 to fit the G1000.  Was it just that or did they redo the whole model to make it look nicer?

Ye youll read about the 3 complaints not the 10000 that didnt have a problem. 11.2 is final it should update when you start xplane r4 is the final. And I dont use VR and have had no problems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

No problems here with FPS drop using 11.20 final, using the same GPU as you (GTX970) and no VR.

No noticeable improvement in FPS either, but I don't expect that with every incremental version. It's been about the same all through this 11.20 beta cycle. We may not see any significant boost in FPS until Vulkan arrives, and even then, I'm not expecting miracles. What I need is a faster GPU, and the prices haven't stabilized yet from all that bitcoin mining B.S.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

As Paraffin mentioned that the GPU pricing is very high , same here in India , was considering getting the RX 560 4Gb but looking at the price made my head spin and settled for the RX 550 2Gb which was still high in price.  

I use XP under W10 and linux , the amd gpu opengl is really bad in windows and in linux it rocks , in linux and window  i can pull 2k resolution with some good performance and have not noticed  a single digit drop . But the last update for me did drop a few fps but i can't really be sure, for me XP performs way ahead in linux than windows due to the bad opengl driver performance.  Overall performance seems to be better under linux.

Well it's a Vulkan ready card and i keep my fingers crossed that this card even if not a high end will give good performance with vulkan.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus