Sign in to follow this  
snowyuk

Can I Remove Sounds From The Cockpit?

Hi, I have just bought an enhanced sound package for the ngx from tss and they mention that it is recommended that some pmdg sounds from the cockpit be disabled as they drown out the sound of the engines. I must admit that the fan sounds are all I can hear when flying. unfortunately they don't say how this can be achieved. I did find some cockpit sound files in the SOUNDS/VARIOUS folder but I don't know which is which. has anyone done this sort of thing before?

thanks

I have to say that IMHO the sounds from TSS are not as good as the PMDG supplied sounds. Then, TSS ask you to start disabling certain sounds, muck around with the 737NGX SimObject, etc, etc.

I haven't looked recently but I must have over 500 hours in the PMDG 737NGX and the simulation has gone way beyond the sound.

You're heading down the rabbit hole mate. I'd take a step back for a moment and ask yourself what you're trying to simulate here; state of the art simulation? or getting yourself into right state with your sim?; where your frames go wrong, stutters start, sounds jump and falter, etc

The PMDG 737NGX sounds are awesome - if you have the right audio gear - be that cans or speakers. If you want engine just whack the Engine Slider to full - you'll get the band-saw.

Don't try and gild the lily. Therein lies despair.

Edited by Guest

Hello,

Keep in mind that if you start tampering with the files of the PMDG and further gets issues with the addon, you may not be entitled to get assistance anymore.

I also join "ganter" with the question about the need to use a enhanced sound package. PMDG has programmed the sounds of the cockpit based on real datas and recordings. Knowing their level of involvement and commitment for the realism, I don't think you can find a better sound package from a third party for that addon.

But if you still want to install the sound package, you would rather seek for help on the TSS forum or assistance since they have designed the sound package.

Last, be informed that PMDG requires anyone to sign all their posts with full names.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Just came across this new soundpack for PMDG 737NGX by Immersive Audio today and it was posted yesterday: I'll be curious to read the reviews?

The soundpack, which is expected to release in the coming days, contains high-quality, uncompressed sound improvements to all stages of flight for PMDG’s 737NG product, but is also compatible with other freeware add-ons.

13 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Just came across this new soundpack for PMDG 737NGX by Immersive Audio today and it was posted yesterday: I'll be curious to read the reviews?

The soundpack, which is expected to release in the coming days, contains high-quality, uncompressed sound improvements to all stages of flight for PMDG’s 737NG product, but is also compatible with other freeware add-ons.

Even though that seems to be based on the Default 737 (and therefore a little misleading for you to state it is for the PMDG product) I still watched (and listened) to it all and...

I refer the OP to my previous post and add this; If it aint't bust, don't fix it. 

Edited by Guest

I have the Cockpit sound addon made by them.

I can highly recommend it. No issues - nothing.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

48 minutes ago, ganter said:

and therefore a little misleading for you to state it is for the PMDG product

"The soundpack, which is expected to release in the coming days, contains high-quality, uncompressed sound improvements to all stages of flight for PMDG’s 737NG product, but is also compatible with other freeware add-ons."

That is their quote, not mine...forgot to put it in quotes.

Cant you just go into the FMC and adjust the various sound levels within? I find the packs and cabin fans are too loud too. The wind noise is also too loud but that is under the P3D and FSX volume sliders for that noise.

The 737 cockpit is very loud. I had the opportunity on christmas 2016 to fly in the cockpit with my cousin for four flights. The fans ARE loud, the wind sound is even louder and the only time you actually really notice the engines are during start up (packs off) and when they spool up for take off... then the rolling sound takes over and when you‘re airborn and all above later in the flight when you accelerate to 250 knots and more it‘s that loud that you can barely talk with the pilots from the jumpseat without headphones. 

Though you do hear the engines changing thrust on windy approaches. 

• Like 1

MOD NOTE:

Thread title modified to set normal case. Please do not use all caps, as IT COMES ACROSS LIKE YOU'RE YELLING, and it's difficult to read.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

The 737 cockpit is very loud. I had the opportunity on christmas 2016 to fly in the cockpit with my cousin for four flights. The fans ARE loud, the wind sound is even louder and the only time you actually really notice the engines are during start up (packs off) and when they spool up for take off... then the rolling sound takes over and when you‘re airborn and all above later in the flight when you accelerate to 250 knots and more it‘s that loud that you can barely talk with the pilots from the jumpseat without headphones. 

Though you do hear the engines changing thrust on windy approaches. 

Yeah, a lot of these sound packs really just make it more like "passenger sim" than flight deck sim. If that's what someone wants, then that's fine, but to call it "immersive" is pretty misleading. Hell, on our DC-3, the difference between what would be seat 1A, and the right seat up front is staggering - it's nearly all wind noise up front. Walk back near the lav? Nearly silent - all just slipstream.

I find it odd that people note that we set the bar for all kinds of things - system depth and so on - but still think that, just because sound packs exist, those are better because they unrealistically dial up the engine noise.

We have Ryan - the definition of audiophile - and the recording devices we use are no joke, either. We really don't skimp anywhere. Seriously...we sent Henning to Namibia to survey the DC-6 we used for our DC-6 product. Namibia. We don't mess around (with the products, anyway - if any of you are at the Expo in a few months, you'll see a more relaxed side, and one of us taking a ribbing for something...probably Ryan, because we can).

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

It is a really common mistake made in the flight simulation world to think that the engines in a commercial airliner are really that audible up front in the cockpit and are as loud as in Seat 7A/14A. It is the same for the barking dog PTU sound in the Airbus fleet, which you are almost certainly going to hear from the cabin but almost certainly are not up front and with the door closed...

Up front: avionics cooling fans and above a certain speed rattling/bashing on the ground and wind rush in the air...

A

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aentwis said:

It is the same for the barking dog PTU sound in the Airbus fleet

haha - recently went on a flight with a friend and sat over the wing. Remembering we were on an Airbus, I chuckled a bit as we started to push back. Friend asked why, and I just said "wait for it..." Got a perplexed look from my friend, and then it began...

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

:) now why can I relate to that story? :)

A

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

haha - recently went on a flight with a friend and sat over the wing. Remembering we were on an Airbus, I chuckled a bit as we started to push back. Friend asked why, and I just said "wait for it..." Got a perplexed look from my friend, and then it began...

Lol jep, it‘s quite funny to explain aircraft systems to friends when they don‘t expect you to know that stuff and it just happens that they start the topic or experience sth of it... 

a few days ago I sat in the garden with two friends of mine at night and an airplane flew 5000ft above us... (the STAR leads just over the house)... one said „pretty big“ and I responded „Airbus A319, not thaaat big“. He said „how do you know?“ and I said „the strobe lights... thats airbus. And the only carrier that late here and on this approach route is Germanwings. So it‘s a 19.“ I‘m pretty sure I heard him roll his eyes :laugh: