Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

Prepar3D v3.4 blue terrain

Updated to P3D v3.4, but I noticed the terrain, (not airport) had wierd blue checker-board patterns.

30714849_166919810801332_372867641207318

This wasn't an issue in P3D v3.2

So whats wrong?

Seen that before in 2.5 after installing freeware scenery. I'm afraid you've given too little info to receive much help. Perhaps if you help us out with some background on what lead up to this?

James McLees

Actually, it was ORBX.

I just updated the ORBX libraries, and i'm guessing that something got messed up on the installation process when I upgraded to v3.4.

Yeah, always have ORBX libraries updated or you get problems. 

14 hours ago, Aaron Kim said:

Actually, it was ORBX.

I just updated the ORBX libraries, and i'm guessing that something got messed up on the installation process when I upgraded to v3.4.

Which one? Orbx makes a lot of different sceneries and textures.

As Jimmy64 said above, you're not giving enough info for anyone to suggest a solution.

However, this issue with misplaced textures has come up repeatedly and so have the solutions. Doing a search on "misplaced orbx textures" brings up an ungodly amount of hits to wade thru. One of which will solve the problem.

Good luck.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Well, ALL ORBX (openLC, Global, Global Vector, LOWI, KSAN) Have been messing up the terrain.

But I fixed it by updating the ORBX libraries from FTX Central, it fixed the issue.

Hi Aaron,

I suggest you run the ORBX Migration Troubleshooter to confirm all is well and all region files exist and are valid.

You will find it here: Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\Troubleshooter

The executable is MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

If a problem is reported then you will need to reinstall each of the affected regions to correct it:

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

You will find a bunch of .TXT files. These correspond to all your ORBX installations. Find the file where the error was reported by the Migration Troubleshooter and delete it.

Open FTXCentral 3 and browse to each affected region and you will note the message 'Not Installed'

Simply go ahead and reinstall.

After completion, run the Migration Troubleshooter again and confirm everything is now okay.

Note:

You can also Force a re-migration of your unified lclookup... by clicking on Settings in FTXCentral 3. That may have been the source of your original problem. Forcing a remigration would probably have corrected it. I can't say for certain, but this behaviour may be built into the Orbx Libraries installation to ensure everything is as it should be.

Regards,

Mike