Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Live Streaming of "every inch" of Earth Coming Soon

This is interesting!  Live streaming of everywhere on Earth in HD.  Airbus and Bill Gates are a couple of supporters.  Will be used to monitor illegal fishing and golfers relieving themselves by trees and bushes (my attempt at humor...). 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5634953/Bill-Gates-backs-1-billion-plan-cover-Earth-Big-Brother-satellites.html

Perhaps soon, we can simulate flying over Earth with real time HD streaming.  You'll now be able to see if your friends or family members are having a BBQ on the other side of town and you were not invited! 

I hope I can live long enough to see this happen!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I didn't realize illegal fishing was that serious of a problem.
They make it sound like it'll be something wonderful, that is until governments get full control of it.
I have a feeling we already have this capability. It's just that the public doesn't have access to it.

Edited by bills511
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

This is interesting!  Live streaming of everywhere on Earth in HD.  Airbus and Bill Gates are a couple of supporters.  Will be used to monitor illegal fishing and golfers relieving themselves by trees and bushes (my attempt at humor...). 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5634953/Bill-Gates-backs-1-billion-plan-cover-Earth-Big-Brother-satellites.html

Perhaps soon, we can simulate flying over Earth with real time HD streaming.  You'll now be able to see if your friends or family members are having a BBQ on the other side of town and you were not invited! 

I hope I can live long enough to see this happen!

Well, as my Daddy used to say "You had better be careful what you wish for." I am not an alarmest by nature but we can not even keep the government  out of our cell phones and Facebook. The geese and butterflies have been finding there way north and south for a very long time without the aid of Sat. tracking. Bill Gates must have lost his mind!! The most this project could provide is cold hard realtime proof of what a wild and crazy bunch we humans are. I think some of us have already known that for many years...LOL I am all about the space program and science but not the final control by some world power or worse than that God Forbid, professional politicians.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

The tech is cool. The application could be hugely beneficial but also creepy.

7 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Well, as my Daddy used to say "You had better be careful what you wish for." I am not an alarmest by nature but we can not even keep the government  out of our cell phones and Facebook. The geese and butterflies have been finding there way north and south for a very long time without the aid of Sat. tracking. Bill Gates must have lost his mind!! The most this project could provide is cold hard realtime proof of what a wild and crazy bunch we humans are. I think some of us have already known that for many years...LOL I am all about the space program and science but not the final control by some world power or worse than that God Forbid, professional politicians.

Simply put, we would all be little Trumans in the Truman show, with Jim Carrey and his goofy face laughing his word not allowed off watching all of us little ants running around looking for our soulmates in Fiji. Truth is, I think we are almost there now.  My ex wife and I found that whenever we were watching a certain TV show or movie, conveniently Cox Telemarketers would call right at dinner time trying to sell us something specific to the show we were watching, for instance HGTV, did we want to get hooked up with a refi lender referred exclusively by Cox.   The media has been prying way too deep into the personal wants and desires of their consumer market, they are there to seduce, not to enlighten.

John

• Like 1

I always figured it was coming, useful for investigating crime. Perhaps the day will come when the entire planet has bio-scanners that can trace everyone so that when their is a crime the data collected from the scanners can trace a person back to the crime. Seems far fetched but not really, could happen. This is a start in that direction.

Cheating husbands beware, your wife is tracking you... :laugh:

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

49 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

Seems far fetched

Not really.  That'll be here soon enough.  You'll have to be pretty smart to be a criminal. Or pretty dumb.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

George Orwell's world coming to fruition...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

10 hours ago, bills511 said:

I have a feeling we already have this capability. It's just that the public doesn't have access to it.

It is.  Just depends on which country is providing it to others - US, Russia, China, or France.  Then, the countries they gave it too sell it to others who they didn't sell it to.  Although it sounds great, it will be Big Brother with millions who buy the service able to assist law enforcement finding wanted criminals.  Wives can watch their husbands go off to war even while their husband is on the battlefield.  To have this much power potentially in the hands of everyone would surely be daunting where citizens could help protect their respective country in the privacy of their own home.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you haven't already seen this movie....I highly recommend it!  "The Circle" with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson.  Get ready to throw your Smart Phones into the trash heap:ohmy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank God for cloud cover. 

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Oh, the civil libertarians will just love that...

Ian S

38.jpg

When you go to the mall, and they have that big map with the arrow that says "You are here."

How do they know?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, KevinMM said:

How do they know?

You win first prize! 😂