Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Live Streaming of "every inch" of Earth Coming Soon

1 hour ago, KevinMM said:

When you go to the mall, and they have that big map with the arrow that says "You are here."

How do they know?

I would suppose that black dingle-ball hanging from the ceiling is a camera watching your every move and fanny scratch.:blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

One must remember "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaleeeee" and the image of a planet earth shrouded by a cloud of geostationary satellites.  Nasa's secret to end global warming.... :)

Doesn't NSA already do this? Or are capable of doing this?
(putting on silver-hat!)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

17 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

(putting on silver-hat!)

Yeah - LOL - reminds me of the dingle berry that spent millions of our tax dollars to make his command center mimic the bridge from Star Trek's Enterprise... His goal was to collect and store every bit of information the internet processes... Whether they accomplished that goal - haven't a clue...

Regards,

Scot  

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Anonymity is an idea in your head, realty is something else. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

(putting on silver-hat!)

Absolutely, Military satellites are better but the Private Sector is always catching up. It was the same when GPS was a Government technology now everyone has that on their phone. Also remember the Internet was originally Military Technology as well. 

Matthew Kane

8 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Absolutely, Military satellites are better but the Private Sector is always catching up. It was the same when GPS was a Government technology now everyone has that on their phone. Also remember the Internet was originally Military Technology as well. 

Isn't the GPS system still owned and maintained by the US military and/or intelligence departments? Public and private corporations are just allowed to use it. Besides, AFAIK, the precision of the GPS system, is toned down when used by non-military/intelligence organizations.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Please no, I hope this will not manifest in reality. 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Got  some  thing to hide:dry:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 4/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, Anders Bermann said:

Isn't the GPS system still owned and maintained by the US military and/or intelligence departments? Public and private corporations are just allowed to use it. Besides, AFAIK, the precision of the GPS system, is toned down when used by non-military/intelligence organizations.

It seems to be still maintained by Air Force Space Command, they are probably making money off it by now. I just did a quick search for other military inventions now used for public use and the US Military also invented Duct Tape to seal ammunition cases during WW2, I did not know that  :cool:

Matthew Kane

10 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

It seems to be still maintained by Air Force Space Command, they are probably making money off it by now. I just did a quick search for other military inventions now used for public use and the US Military also invented Duct Tape to seal ammunition cases during WW2, I did not know that  :cool:

Haha! Interesting. Didn't know that either... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

On 4/20/2018 at 8:19 AM, charliearon said:

If you haven't already seen this movie....I highly recommend it!  "The Circle" with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson.  Get ready to throw your Smart Phones into the trash heap:ohmy:

Watched last night. Downright creepy.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:30 PM, bills511 said:

I didn't realize illegal fishing was that serious of a problem.

The last time I served jury duty up here in the USA Pacific Northwest, it was an illegal fishing case. People up here take it seriously.

In 20 years the oceans will be depleted anyway, but right now it still matters.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:25 AM, odourboy said:

Thank God for cloud cover. 

And that's why it's good to live up here in the PNW. Impenetrable cloud cover for what seems like 2/3 of the year! Folks in Ireland and Scotland have similar cover. :)

Seriously though, it's not satellites that are the risk if you care about privacy, it's social media and Web tracking. 

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

SkyNet...coming to a time zone near you...

It's well past 1984 folks...but it took a little bit longer for Bib Brother to emerge.

"I'll...be.back!".....

On 20.4.2018 at 3:30 AM, bills511 said:

I didn't realize illegal fishing was that serious of a problem.

It is (as many other issues related to environment) - maybe not that much of a problem in the US and its shores, but in many other areas worldwide it really has a noticeably negative impact - economically and ecologically: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal,_unreported_and_unregulated_fishing

And that "new" tech here - well, although it was forseeable that one day something like this would evolve, it certainly looks and sounds somehow scary indeed.