Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D4.2 Terrain

Hello, if someone can explain me please according Terrain settings and Scenery aobjects  in p3d 4.2  and if the non correct settings influence the loading of scenery textures in the sim even with the GTX1080ti, i7 6700k 4.2ghz.

Level of detail radius Max

Tessellation. Ultra

Mesh resolution 5m

Texture Resolution 15cm

Scen complexity Very Dense

Autogen........ High

Autogen Vegetation Very Dense

Autogen Building Density Very Dense

Please Advise I will well appreciate.

Geo

Not sure I understand your question but I'm running P3dV4 with all sliders maxed out and getting an average of 50fps.  

i7-8700k  GTX 1080ti  32GB Ram  2TB SSD Samsung

John

You have a strong system, but I would advise Level of Detail down one or two notches. This is the largest FPS "eater".

You could leave all else as is, maybe try Autogen vegetation at dense and Building at Dense or normal. These slight differences might smooth things a bit

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Hi, I explain as much as I can. What is not realistic for me is that, I use Ezdok camera, and when I switch from VC view to external wing view, I see the ecenery textures to reload, or if I fly near the airport, the textures first are black and reload instantly. Here is i7-6700k 4.2 Ghz GTX 1080ti 32 GB, 512Gb Samsung 960 pro M.2 SSD

Have no idea if that is normal which I believe is not, or has to do with my settings.

have no problem with FPS,while in very dense scenery I get minimum of 28-30

Geo

Edited by georgiosgiannoukos

The view flipping (airport) texture reload (black for a split second) is something that has been there since day 1 (FSX, 2006), and hasn't gone away yet- despite many versions and hardware advances since then.  At least I haven't ever come across a solution.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It makes a difference if all the sliders are not pinned all the way to the far right. Some breathing room will allow for better loading of everything.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090