Sign in to follow this  
FredrikHj

FS Panel = Own design

Hi

Some question in the text:blink:

Since last year I am working on a FS Panel based on PMDG 737ngx but it is flexiable to fly other aircraft as well. My project will be controlled by Mobiflight an Arduino Mega 2560 R3 boards. The devices I needing implement are:

Aivlasoft EFB on a second computer with a 22 inch touch screen.

1.) I have a computer based on the Asus E35M1-M motherboard but is the hardware sufficient for the Aivlasoft EFB?

Some display for the PFD and MFD maybe the ECIAS display?

2.) How ma ny inch should I need for the displays?

The CDU for the aircraft.

3.) What is the most flexiable choice?

4.) A Tabblet with a app is the best, you can just change the aircraft and the app if you are choosing Airbus ....?

5.) How many inch should I need for the tablet if choosing that?

6.) Hardware is expensive but maybe not so expensive if you build it by you own?

Best Fredrik

Edited by Fredde

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Just to confirm, you are building a home cockpit?  A word of caution, you've posted into one of the most fearsome forums at AVSIM, users of PMDG feel very strongly about their Boeing developers, the mention of Airbus may result in ridicule. Added to that PMDG is highly protective of their product and most likely would not reveal any information about the 737.  There is a dedicated forum here at AVSIM and some others out there on the net, just search for "home cockpit builders" or "cockpit builders."

Best of luck with your build.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/110-home-cockpit-builders/

Google "home cockpit build" search:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C5CHFA_enCA704CA704&ei=iB7aWtWIH4OB8APIg6yIDg&q=home+built+flight+simulator+cockpit+forum&oq=home+built+flight+simulator+cockpit+forum&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1.6233.12086.0.12430.10.10.0.0.0.0.135.925.6j4.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.10.923...0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i22i29i30k1j33i21k1.0.-aso5njzCpk

Edited by HUSSAR
Added Google search result

\Robert Hamlich/

3 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

A word of caution, you've posted into one of the most fearsome forums at AVSIM, users of PMDG feel very strongly about their Boeing developers, the mention of Airbus may result in ridicule.

What? The? Beeep? 

Are you drunk? 

People asking for help never ever would be beaten here... rather this happens to people who talk rubbish and/or accuse the people who offer help and knowledge... 

nevertheless it doesn‘t sound like a home cockpit but more like a summery of possibilities to connect different screens and devices to a multifunctional cockpit that can be used with all kinds of addons.

But, yes, there is a forum here on avsim for just that purpose. And many other forums on the internet and many groups in facebook.. 

regarding the size of the tablets (and so on): the screens in a 737 or A320 cockpit are not that big. The CDU isn‘t either. There are measurements on the net too, just google it. But as always: you have to be comfortable with it. And well, you should be able to afford it :D 

aivlasoft probably have the system requirements on their homepage. Shouldn‘t be that much as you want to use it on a second computer. (No idea if that‘s actually possible)

Hi Marc,

You haven't been around long enough.  Thanks for your reply and helping Fredrik out with his query.

\Robert Hamlich/

Thank you for the help :)

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Hi

As you can see I have a good computer and I have beging wondering if the is not better simulation than Fsx and a more modern one. I have seen Prepar3d 4v is out and the oom problem is gone. I am building a FS panel for the flight sim. I have some addon a now is working as FSUPC, PMDG 737NGX for PRepar3d 4v ....

Some queestion:

1.) Is the oom problem gone with the 64 bit?

2.) Since my SSD is not that big just 120GB I must install the scenery addon into a regular HDD. The question are:

Is tha worth changing from FSX today and restart with an more modern Flight sim and does the 64 bit so much for the sim as I ecxpecting?

3.) I have the old FSGlobal2008 for the FSX do you need some scenery at all mean is the Prepar3D 4v good enough without it?

4.) Works he PMDG 737ngx for Prepar3d better and is the aircraft more stable i PRepar3d 4v?

I think I know the answer for many of my question but you never know what too excpect :)

Best Fredrik

40 minutes ago, Fredde said:

2.) Since my SSD is not that big just 120GB I must install the scenery addon into a regular HDD. The question are:

Is tha worth changing from FSX today and restart with an more modern Flight sim and does the 64 bit so much for the sim as I ecxpecting?

3.) I have the old FSGlobal2008 for the FSX do you need some scenery at all mean is the Prepar3D 4v good enough without it?

4.) Works he PMDG 737ngx for Prepar3d better and is the aircraft more stable i PRepar3d 4v?

1) Virtually yes except you have 18, 446, 744, 073, 709, 551, 616 bits (16 Exabytes) of RAM

2) A good 250 GB SSD (samsung / sandisk) is available for 90 € 500 gigs for 120. Every possible struggle with splitting the installation, which btw. isn't really possible for ORBX in example, does, in my opinion, not justify saving 90 bucks.

64 bit isnt' something which will give you 10000000 fps more. But without getting to complex you can generally say that this architecture holds potential for better performanc, if implemented correctly. This is indeed the case but do not expect said fps boost.

3) Is the same as FSX

4) yes and no. yes - see 1) - no well it's still an "old" addon and features found in the 777 or 744 won't be in it. It's basically the same thing without the OOMs.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

22 minutes ago, Fredde said:

As you have answered it yourself: yes. With 16GB of RAM you will not run into memory issues.

25 minutes ago, Fredde said:

I have had many scenery addons on a HDD with P3Dv3 and about half a year with v4 and they ran just fine. I have only 4GB of VRAM (GTX970) so I am not totally sure if my scenery loading delays are coming from ther HDD or because the amount of graphic memory cannot handle it quickly enough. But it's really just a luxury issue on my side. 64bit only gets you rid of the OOM crashes. But P3D in general is a LOT better than FSX. all the little FSX bugs have been resolved for a long time now.

But a bigger SSD doesn't cost the world.

24 minutes ago, Fredde said:

Works he PMDG 737ngx for Prepar3d better and is the aircraft more stable i PRepar3d 4v?

it works exactly the same, as it is still the same aircraft. But you will very likely not have any CTDs anymore as long as you don't install old 32bit addons. I'm pointing to FSGlobal2008 with this. Honestly I have NO idea if FSG2008 has been updated or not, you will have to get back to the developer's support or their website for that. Native P3Dv4 terrain/scenery still looks more or less like FSX. They have updated the trees a bit, the weather is better the lighting system all above... but the scenery and terrain don't make much difference. 

2 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

As you have answered it yourself: yes. With 16GB of RAM you will not run into memory issues.

I have had many scenery addons on a HDD with P3Dv3 and about half a year with v4 and they ran just fine. I have only 4GB of VRAM (GTX970) so I am not totally sure if my scenery loading delays are coming from ther HDD or because the amount of graphic memory cannot handle it quickly enough. But it's really just a luxury issue on my side. 64bit only gets you rid of the OOM crashes. But P3D in general is a LOT better than FSX. all the little FSX bugs have been resolved for a long time now.

it works exactly the same, as it is still the same aircraft. But you will very likely not have any CTDs anymore as long as you don't install old 32bit addons. I'm pointing to FSGlobal2008 with this. Honestly I have NO idea if FSG2008 has been updated or not, you will have to get back to the developer's support or their website for that. Native P3Dv4 terrain/scenery still looks more or less like FSX. They have updated the trees a bit, the weather is better the lighting system all above... but the scenery and terrain don't make much difference. 

c29.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Hi

I have decided changing into the P3D 4 🙂

As you know we can control almost everyone of the PMDG 737ngx function and the system. I have look for a smaller aircraft to begin with until I am ready for the PMDG 737NGX, what about the aircraft: S550 Citation II HD Series or Citation Mustang Experience?

Can you control the aircraft as you can with PMDG:s one?

Best Fredrik

Edited by Fredde

On 4/29/2018 at 4:23 PM, Ephedrin said:

What about SSHD?

Is the writting to the SSD so much higher than i a SSHD when takting about P3D 4?