Sign in to follow this  
Lionwing

Managing Groups

Morning all.

I've just updated to 1.33 and spent sometime setting up groups.

Now when I disable a group ( by unticking the group box) and the therefore the scenery in it should I also expect to see the scenery disabled under the scenery category as well?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Lionwing said:

Morning all.

I've just updated to 1.33 and spent sometime setting up groups.

Now when I disable a group ( by unticking the group box) and the therefore the scenery in it should I also expect to see the scenery disabled under the scenery category as well?

Thank you.

Hello,

no, excluding a group is not the same as disabling it.

"Excluding" with the checkbox is an internal mechanism, it means that the P4AO app will disregard this group no matter what you do. It doesn't change the state of this group, it will remain active or inactive just like it was. This is useful if you have groups layered inside of each other, where some items should not be disabled even if you doubleclick the whole group.

To disable a group in the simulator, you have to doubleclick the group node, just like it always was - and the entry will turn red. This does not change the checkboxes.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 4/21/2018 at 11:27 AM, Lorby_SI said:

To disable a group in the simulator, you have to doubleclick the group node, just like it always was - and the entry will turn red. This does not change the checkboxes.

Best regards

Apologies for coming back to this post.

Would it not be logical for scenery disabled by click the Group Node to also be shown as disabled (i.e in red) in the scenery list?

2 hours ago, Lionwing said:

Apologies for coming back to this post.

Would it not be logical for scenery disabled by click the Group Node to also be shown as disabled (i.e in red) in the scenery list?

I am not sure that I understand - this is already the case. When you enable/disable a group by doubleclicking the group node, the scenery entries on the first page will turn red/green as requested. 

It didn't work the other way round, if you re-enabled a single scenery of a group on the first page, that didn't show in the group list. Please download the latest version (1.34 b06) to get a fix for that.

Best regards

LORBY-SI