Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Ground Handling Woes with Redux

6 hours ago, tttocs said:

Put me in the camp of wondering why some are struggling.  I find holding centerline on takeoff in the 310 no more difficult than most other high-performance GA twins (thinking in particular of the piston and Turbine Dukes here).  I have run-of-the-mill Saitek Pro rudder pedals and really don't have issues unless I'm not paying attention and let myself get behind.  In that case, the plane does what it should do, reminding me that I need to pay attention.

One thing I have noted - since my Saitek throttle quadrants are beginning to wear out and are getting prone to occasional spikes, I'm sometimes getting some brief imbalances between engines on twins when changing power.  The 310 is definitely a handful with asymmetrical thrust on the ground or in the air.  Could this be more of a throttle issue for some users?

Just a thought,

Scott

Agreed - 100%. However, I had a heck of a time maintaining control today just after rotation. Further investigation revealed a failure to check takeoff flap setting per the before takeoff checklist resulting in a Full Flap takeoff. There's no excuse for complacency. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tttocs said:

Put me in the camp of wondering why some are struggling.  I find holding centerline on takeoff in the 310 no more difficult than most other high-performance GA twins (thinking in particular of the piston and Turbine Dukes here).  I have run-of-the-mill Saitek Pro rudder pedals and really don't have issues unless I'm not paying attention and let myself get behind.  In that case, the plane does what it should do, reminding me that I need to pay attention.

One thing I have noted - since my Saitek throttle quadrants are beginning to wear out and are getting prone to occasional spikes, I'm sometimes getting some brief imbalances between engines on twins when changing power.  The 310 is definitely a handful with asymmetrical thrust on the ground or in the air.  Could this be more of a throttle issue for some users?

Just a thought,

Scott

Hi Scott, I too have RealAir Turbine Duke, B60, Dash 8 etc and they are real ladies compared to this beast. When I take off I can hear the guys in the control tower absolutely wetting themselves with laughter as they watch me get airborne. So Far I have not  been able to get this 360R on a straight takeoff roll, regardless of how I input the power or whatever other adjustments I make. Loosing faith, you bet. I also have a King Air 200 which I was told was real handful, compared to the 360R it's a pussy cat. 

Don  

I have been flying this bird for a few weeks now and have no issues with takeoff.  What I have found is this plane reacts to which way the wind is blowing and even a bit of a crosswind will make you really need to concentrate on keeping it straight. .

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

2 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I have been flying this bird for a few weeks now and have no issues with takeoff.  What I have found is this plane reacts to which way the wind is blowing and even a bit of a crosswind will make you really need to concentrate on keeping it straight. .

What he said.  ^^^

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Time to put this Dog to bed. 2 actions fixed all my problems. #1 was I took the time to add about 18 sync's for each the throttles, Props and mixture. Did that this morning and it made a huge difference. I have never used anywhere near this many. I was already loving this plane even more.

#2 I installed a new set of Logitech rudder peds that UPS delivered a couple of hours ago. That just added the iceing on the cake!! I knew mine were way over the hill. All realism sliders to the right and all is well with the world. This beauty will be my go to airplane for some time to come. I knew this was a great plane to fly and it was well worth the effort to get it all sorted out. Thanks for all the suggestions above!!

Thanks again to Milviz for a great product. 

N133CW out.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

14 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Time to put this Dog to bed. 2 actions fixed all my problems. #1 was I took the time to add about 18 sync's for each the throttles, Props and mixture. Did that this morning and it made a huge difference. I have never used anywhere near this many. I was already loving this plane even more.

Glad to hear you got things sorted.  This plane has rapidly risen to the top of my "most flown" list as well.

One question?  Could you clarify what you did with your quadrant?  I'm not sure I understand adding "about 18 sync's".

TIA,

Scott

I will give it a shot here. First of all using  FSUIPC.

1. Go into Joystick Calibration tab and go to the page for Throttle 1 and 2.

2. Next check No reverse zone.

3. Go ahead and calibrate the axis for throttle 1 as normal but no slope and uncheck filter is you have used that.

4. Next move your throttle 1 and throttle 2 a small distance say like 1/4 inch open being sure that both handles are in the same place and even and then click the sync Pos button one time.

5 Move throttles another 1/4 inch or so keeping them even and click Sync Pos button again.

6 Just repeat until you have sync'ed the full throw of the throttles and then do same procedure for Props and mixtures. This procedure will replace the filter and slope functions.

Note....you may get a pop up that says something like sync Pos already exist. Do you want to replace them. Just click no. If you want to start over for some reason click yes and all of you prev. work will be removed. You can see the settings that you just made in the FSUIPC INI file probably near the end.

Note......I started with about 8 settings for each axis and then went back and filled in the spaces with 8 or 10 more settings. I think you can do like 64 or so for each axis but that may be over kill. The added settings will be handled and recorded by the wonderful FSUIPC. That Pete is one smart guy! 

Let me know how it works for you. This C310 FDE has so much fidelality (if that is a word LOL)that it seems to help with the cheap worn Pots in our throttle quadrants.

Edited by shivers9
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

I do use FSUIPC, so this is perfect.  It's been a while since I calibrated since I've had these two quadrants forever, but I don't recall doing things that way.

Will give it a shot - thanks!

Scott

23 hours ago, shivers9 said:

#2 I installed a new set of Logitech rudder peds that UPS delivered a couple of hours ago. That just added the iceing on the cake!! I knew mine were way over the hill. All realism sliders to the right and all is well with the world. This beauty will be my go to airplane for some time to come. I knew this was a great plane to fly and it was well worth the effort to get it all sorted out. Thanks for all the suggestions above!!

If you are using FSUIPC would you share your settings for the new pedals, in particular the slope settings you are using. Not sure if slope for rudders can be saved specific to the aircraft model.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I did not have time to sort that out yet. Been working on getting my switch panels set up. A couple of things I did notice was that the 310 model is very sensitive of trim settings for rudder and elevators. Given the known Torque generated I would suspect that is true of the real airplane. The other thing is that it seems to need smooth inputs for both power and RPM changes. We have all picked up some bad habits from the Carenado type aircraft where you can sort of just jerk them around the sky. I will let you know what I come up with on the rudder settings.

Sam

On 4/25/2018 at 7:52 PM, fppilot said:

If you are using FSUIPC would you share your settings for the new pedals, in particular the slope settings you are using. Not sure if slope for rudders can be saved specific to the aircraft model.

Hi Frank

On my set up with the new pedals I find that I only need a slope of 2 to get pretty good handling on the ground. The toe brakes work better and I decided on no slope for them. I might add that the brakes are still a bit "spikey" but that has always been the norm for FSX and P3d. The C310 seems to taxi very well at about 15-17 Kts. I did some high speed taxi checks and found that for me there is a spot at around 20 kts up to around 50 kts where you have to do some dancing on the pedals to maintain control. This probably is true for the real C310.

I did find a add on guage called groundhandelingv6 that is nice for those long taxi trips across the airport to the runway or parking. If you want to look into it I believe it is in the Lib here at AVSIM. It helps in manageing taxi speed since it is harder to judge in the sim. Also has a better push back feature. So no real news alert but this is what I found.

Sam

On 4/29/2018 at 10:01 AM, shivers9 said:

I did find a add on guage called groundhandelingv6 that is nice for those long taxi trips across the airport

Forgive me.  I may not have been clear. The only issues I have experienced are with takeoff roll.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere