Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

slats word

Hello,

slats word is not recognized by voice control. Each time I say Slats Retract or Slats extend, the system understand Flaps Retract or flaps extend. Is there a workaround for that ? Both words SLATS and FLAPS sounds similar.

Stephane

vpa055.png

11 hours ago, stefltt said:

Hello,

slats word is not recognized by voice control. Each time I say Slats Retract or Slats extend, the system understand Flaps Retract or flaps extend. Is there a workaround for that ? Both words SLATS and FLAPS sounds similar.

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Please try this:

1. Delete your voice profile.  Create a new one and run the voice training again.

2. Try changing your accent a bit so SLATS is said very clearly.

3. Try this.  From the manual:

Problem: Speech recognition is having problems detecting certain words.  Can I train the speech recognition system for "specific" words?

Solution:

Yes, you can use the dictation facility in Windows.  

First, start 'Windows Speech Recognition' (this is not the FS2Crew Speech Recognition system, but rather the speech recognition system that comes with Windows).

Open a text document.

Next, dictate a list of words you are having trouble with. 

Every time the speech recognizer makes a mistake, use the "CORRECT THAT" voice command.  This effectively trains the speech recognition engine to recognize how you pronounce these words.  You may need to dictate and correct the same words multiple times until the recognition rate improves. 

There is another way (and better way) to train specific words as well for Vista and Win 7 users:

1. Open the Microsoft Windows Speech Recognizer and RIGHT CLICK the microphone icon.  You can open the Windows Speech Recognizer by typing "Speech Recognition" in the search for programs box in the start menu.

speech1.JPG

2.  Click "ON: Listen to everything I say".  Next, Select "OPEN THE SPEECH DICTIONARY" and select "ADD A NEW WORD".

3. When done, turn off Windows Speech Recognition.  It CANNOT be running while using FS2Crew.  It must be OFF!

speech2.JPG