Sign in to follow this  
Emil Snersrud

Scenery loading slow in Prepar3D v4.2

Hey, my scenery is not loading when flying from an airport to another which is far away. My problem is difficult to explain because I've never experienced such problem, so I have made an example.

Example:
I've spawned in at London Stansted in the PMDG 737NGX. I depart as usual, and after some time when the aircraft speeds up, it tends to fly faster than the scenery can load. The scenery is detailed all the way until approximately 30 nautical miles from Stansted, but after 30 nautical miles, everything is blurry and ugly. So when I am approaching my destination Salzburg the scenery is still blurry and not detailed. When I come closer to the ground, the scenery loads more details but not fast enough. The landscape tends to load behind the aircraft and not before and on one point load before the plane shown in picture 1 and 2.

I've attached pictures which shows the problem. In image 1 and 2 you can see 2 photos taken with some seconds between which shows the scenery loading at a close distance at Salzburg.

And in picture 3 and 4 you can see the border where the scenery is detailed and where it is blurry and undetailed in the distance on departure.

My PC specs:
Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 16,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 

My addons:
-Active Sky for v4
-Rex Sky Force
-ENVTEX
-PMDG
-ORBX (LC Europe, Global, Norway and vector)
-PTA 

Edited by Emil Snersrud
Links

It could be because I'm looking at a screenie instead of the actual screen, but it looks like to me that the fuzziness in the distance is due to a lower haze layer.  Clear all weather, don't attach ASP4, and run a test again.  Any better?

Dan Downs KCRP

Turning ASP4 off had no effect, same problem. 

I use i7-4790 CPU, do you think it could be too weak? Maybe I should purchase a better one?

53 minutes ago, Emil Snersrud said:

Turning ASP4 off had no effect, same problem. 

I use i7-4790 CPU, do you think it could be too weak? Maybe I should purchase a better one?

I ran P3Dv3 a while back with a 4790K 4.4 GHz on air cooler, with a 750Ti, and it was ok but the improvement when I when to the 6700K was significant.  I've got an 8700K now and I can't say the difference from 6700K was as great as that of 4790K to 6700K.  Also, i added liquid cooling to my 6700K and ran it at 4.8GHz with a 980Ti.  It was a good build.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you had used that magic button called search, you will be amazed how many times that subject was discussed already.

Its a "new feature" that P3D 4.** brought us, not all experienced, not all can solve it, in my case only happens flying heavy jets(more fast) and only can be solved locking frames!

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync