Sign in to follow this  
michaelengl

CTD with FSX Acc Pack when moving mouse to Addon Menu

Hello, i Need help.  I have chnage the „UIAutomationCore.dll many time with differnce dll., but I have the issue again and every time.

My sim is very stable but when I go in the menu for example "Addon" and move the mouse the i get an CTD.

I thin, it is not the  „UIAutomationCore.dll.

Is there anybody who has an idea?

Best

Michael

The uiautomationcore.dll does not fix any crashes involving moving the mouse to the Addon Menu item.  If anything, it will fix a crash if you right click with the mouse on the aircraft panel at least 19 times ( I have yet to replicate this but this is what the experts have told me).  The uiautomationcore.dll is probably the biggest placebo every developed for any game on the Internet.  I can understand the concept though.  The uiautomationcore.dll comes with the Microsoft.net packages.  FSX was built with Microsoft.net 1.1 and the uiautomationcore.dll everyone wants you to throw into the main folder of FSX is the one that came with the original Microsoft.net.  Microsoft.net's are not, for the most part, backward compatible (Google this for more information if you want).

I think there is a module being loaded that is causing your problem.  It's like a memory leak.  You load the module and it is leaking and causing you to have problems using the FSX menu.  I would recommend renaming your dll.xml to dll.xml.off and see if this fixes the problem.  If not, I would then delete or rename my fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.off, restart FSX and it will be rebuilt.  Lots of other suggestions in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10