Sign in to follow this  
AviationGaming

PMDG 737 ILS FAC/GP Reading Instead Of LOC/G/S

Hi, I am here again today to bring up a problem; whenever I set the approach and press the "APP" button on the MCP, instead of saying LOC and G/S, it says FAC and GP. This happens for all ILS approaches. I looked this up online, but there really wasn't anything except for a mention of an IAN approach. I have no idea what that is, but I just want this fixed, because I am annoyed of it. Also it seems like I can't do an autoland with the 737.  Here is an image:dL0LvO8.jpgI hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks,

Ben Beaver

Hello,

That's weird. Normally the IAN modes activate when a proper ILS is not received when you arm the APP mode. Can you confirm that the ILS frequency and course set on the nav receiver and MCP match the ones in the sim (check the sim map).

Also for an autoland, you need to set the frequency on both nav receivers, set the course on both sides of the MCP and switch on both AP.

Does it do that in all panel states?

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi, I set the Frankfurt ILS frequency (110.95) into both the NAV recievers, but it only says VOR/LOC and GP now.

avUSQgr.jpg

2QcUySi.jpgThanks again,

Ben Beaver

It is now also reverting back to FAC and G/P after I disarmed the APP button, because I only armed to it show you what it looks like.

Ben Beaver

You are on a downwind course and therefore the glide slope part of the ILS is not received (hence no "diamond" for the glide on the PFD and GP instead of GS).

With reference to your latest post. When do you arm the APP? What if you do it when you are on an intercept heading with both the course and glide signals available?

I cannot test it because I haven't reinstalled the NGX (yet) and cannot access the FCOM for the same reason, but it is well possible that FAC/GP is displayed if you arm the APP while not being on intercept course even if you receive the ILS signal.

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi, I arm the approach when I am turning final, usually at a 90 degree angle from the ILS.

I am also having a problem with activating both of the autopilots at once, they stay activated for about 3 seconds, and then it switches to one side.

Ben Beaver

Edited by AviationGaming
Added autopilot switching

What panel state do you use? Does it happens with the default panel state?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi, It is all fixed, I guess it doesn't matter what state I use, but what happened was before, I didn't put the ILS frequency into the NAV radio, and everything went from there. The course was set into the MCP, and after that, the VOR/LOC and the G/S set in. Thank you so much for your help, I mean it.

Thanks so much,

Ben Beaver

You are welcome.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg