41603141691_a9f66d54bc_h.jpg

40892310864_201c24dd12_h.jpg

41603141011_8f4c8b81a4_h.jpg

40892310484_dfcaf1cd0e_h.jpg

27734348518_1fee20abf8_h.jpg

41603144171_20c51e841a_h.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Fun flight in the Waco.  Your screenshots always show there's still plenty of life left in FSX.  Kudos!!

Greg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lownslo said:

Fun flight in the Waco.  Your screenshots always show there's still plenty of life left in FSX.  Kudos!!

Greg

Thanks very much for commenting....love the big thundering radial sound!

HLJAMES

A fun jump in Waco to see some others beautiful landscapes, Thx James for sharing.

Mark

• Like 1

You are visiting my former stomping grounds of Lake Tahoe, where I worked as Hospitality Controller managing non-gaming accounting and 14 accountants between 1991-1992.  Can even see Emerald Bay where I visited with my parents, who drove up from Napa to meet me on my 31st birthday in '92.  After that is when I became a road warrior when Holiday Inn/Bass, which owned Harrah's recruited me to become an instructor for them after I took a year's hiatus, visiting Orlando for the first time, Japan and Guam right after Hurricane Andrew in '92.

At Orlando's Epcot the strangest thing happened, I was at the Japanese Pavilion staring at the Japanese architecture, having just ate a ginger cake.  I thought to myself "I want to go here someday".  Before I flew home, my Mom told me I had an urgent phone call but the caller did not say what it was about, she told me to fly home rather than linger in Orlando, where I was also looking for work in the hotel industry there, having just put in an app for Howard Johnson. 

So I flew home, grabbed the phone message, and the caller said they wanted me to interview for a special project but they did not say what it was.  So I interviewed with her, driving from Napa to Concord, then taking Bart from there to the Embarcadero center in San Francisco.  I was treated to lunch and asked if I was interested in managing the Pacific Island club in Guam.  After another on the spot interview with Genentech, the bioengineering company by their HR director, I was flown to Guam, via Japan, on their dime.

I was offered the position but found living expenses in Hurricane and Earthquake ridden Guam too expensive, with a studio earthquake and hurricane proof flat costing $1600, half before taxes of my projected income, so sad for them and sad for me I turned it down.

But when I flew home, due to the longed planned 12 hour layover, I was told a secret by a fellow passenger.  He told me to go to the service desk for Northwest and ask for a comp room and meal.  I did just that and was given a room to rest, shower, and eat about fifteen miles from Narita driving thru Japan's quaint countryside and architecture.  I then went back to Narita, a few hours early, and relaxed there going to the roof and spying the airport museum and traffic.

It was a scene at Narita out of the movie Lost in Translation, with me like Bill Murray towering above the Japanese passengers who politely would try to bow and communicate to me with me understanding Nada of what they smoke.  The entire week, from Orlando to Narita, where I flew almost twenty thousand miles round trip, the longest series of flights I have ever flown, was surreal and out of a dream....

John 

http://www.picresorts.com/guam/

Edited by Cactus521
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm Wacko about The Waco!!:biggrin:

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

On 4/22/2018 at 9:34 AM, ms2 said:

A fun jump in Waco to see some others beautiful landscapes, Thx James for sharing.

Mark

Appreciate the comment.....California always something to see!

On 4/22/2018 at 11:08 AM, Cactus521 said:

You are visiting my former stomping grounds of Lake Tahoe, where I worked as Hospitality Controller managing non-gaming accounting and 14 accountants between 1991-1992.  Can even see Emerald Bay where I visited with my parents, who drove up from Napa to meet me on my 31st birthday in '92.  After that is when I became a road warrior when Holiday Inn/Bass, which owned Harrah's recruited me to become an instructor for them after I took a year's hiatus, visiting Orlando for the first time, Japan and Guam right after Hurricane Andrew in '92.

At Orlando's Epcot the strangest thing happened, I was at the Japanese Pavilion staring at the Japanese architecture, having just ate a ginger cake.  I thought to myself "I want to go here someday".  Before I flew home, my Mom told me I had an urgent phone call but the caller did not say what it was about, she told me to fly home rather than linger in Orlando, where I was also looking for work in the hotel industry there, having just put in an app for Howard Johnson. 

So I flew home, grabbed the phone message, and the caller said they wanted me to interview for a special project but they did not say what it was.  So I interviewed with her, driving from Napa to Concord, then taking Bart from there to the Embarcadero center in San Francisco.  I was treated to lunch and asked if I was interested in managing the Pacific Island club in Guam.  After another on the spot interview with Genentech, the bioengineering company by their HR director, I was flown to Guam, via Japan, on their dime.

I was offered the position but found living expenses in Hurricane and Earthquake ridden Guam too expensive, with a studio earthquake and hurricane proof flat costing $1600, half before taxes of my projected income, so sad for them and sad for me I turned it down.

But when I flew home, due to the longed planned 12 hour layover, I was told a secret by a fellow passenger.  He told me to go to the service desk for Northwest and ask for a comp room and meal.  I did just that and was given a room to rest, shower, and eat about fifteen miles from Narita driving thru Japan's quaint countryside and architecture.  I then went back to Narita, a few hours early, and relaxed there going to the roof and spying the airport museum and traffic.

It was a scene at Narita out of the movie Lost in Translation, with me like Bill Murray towering above the Japanese passengers who politely would try to bow and communicate to me with me understanding Nada of what they smoke.  The entire week, from Orlando to Narita, where I flew almost twenty thousand miles round trip, the longest series of flights I have ever flown, was surreal and out of a dream....

John 

http://www.picresorts.com/guam/

Many thanks for commenting.....WOW the Hotel and travel business provides some interesting opportunities and adventures!

On 4/23/2018 at 3:00 AM, Phantom88 said:

I'm Wacko about The Waco!!:biggrin:

Big thank you.....Yes the Waco is perfect for short airfields!

On 4/23/2018 at 4:37 AM, woodhick said:

Great shots and a classic to boot. Nice :gaul:

Huge thank you....The Waco is still in production!

HLJAMES

On 4/27/2018 at 11:38 AM, Carlton1971 said:

Splendid cross country series....thanks!

Thanks a lot for commenting!

HLJAMES

Amazing as always.
Thanks for sharing, James!

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 5/7/2018 at 6:12 AM, EugeneR said:

Stunning scenery display...thanks for sharing!

Appreciate the comment!

On 5/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, Anders Bermann said:

Amazing as always.
Thanks for sharing, James!

Many thanks for commenting....Love the trip to tahoe!

HLJAMES