Sign in to follow this  
vant01

Question about Official Panel Configuration Thread

[moved from the official panel discussion]

This is a very necessary topic. Thanks RXP. I now choose between the Reality XP GTN750 and the F1.

RealityXP is certainly better, on several counts and cheaper. It is important. But I do not know how to integrate it into my VK panels. It's all very complicated (((I'm a simple user. Not a programmer.)

All files for different crafts in one place, I'm not buying a cheap software and I'm looking for a convenient installer, according to the INSTALL-NEXT-NEXT-FINISH scheme. I spend a lot of time on forums in search of a way of using my purchase. It's not right.

Edited by RXP

Hi,

I thank you for your kind words!

Modifying a panel is something which looks hard at first, and very easy once you've tried a couple times. Fortunately, you can manage to add the Reality XP GTN Touch into any panel very easily with the GUI Panel Assistant. This suffice to add popup windows, and to replace (swap) existing GPS devices in the virtual cockpit as well.

For other type of integrations, you might want to start downloading some of the mods published by our customers in the  'Official Panel Configuration' discussion. There are more in-depth and some of them also guide-you-through step by step, others offer the file ready to fly with.

NB: I've just moved your post to a separate discussion so that we try to keep the 'Official Panel Configuration' discussion as much focused on providing links to files, how-to guides only.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Unfortunately, the method described in the user manual allows you to install the GTN750 panel only in a small number of aircraft that are prepared for F1 GTN. In other planes I got a transparent cockpit and a non-working panel (((I tried installing in the Carenado - EMB505 Phenom 300 v1.3, Alabeo - DA42 Twin Star v2.0 .I got a transparent cockpit. 

RXP, as the developer should be engaged in support of the product on an official site, instead of to send to a management of the user which nothing informs. Sorry, but it not correctly to sell a product and to leave the buyer without support

I also think that I just spent money((((

On April 21, 2018 at 12:55 PM, RXP said:

Здравствуй,

@vant01 first things first: please don't cross post to multiple forums, and please, like I've written above (implicitly)  don't post panel requests in the official panel config discussion: it is for publish mods only, not for asking.

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

3 hours ago, vant01 said:

Unfortunately, the method described in the user manual allows you to install the GTN750 panel only in a small number of aircraft

1. The GTN and the GNS V2 install into ANY panel as a popup window with the GUI Panel Assistant.
  2. For a quick and easy solution, both also replace ANY auto-detected GPS device in ANY panel (popup windows and virtual cockpit).
  3. They both install into ANY virtual cockpit with the help of notepad and reading the official flight simulator SDK and the details on the panel.cfg file.
  4. Last but not least, they are increasingly supported by third party aircraft vendors which gracefully offer Reality XP pre-configured panels.

RXP, as the developer should be engaged in support of the product on an official site

Isn't this forum, where you've just written the above, the actual official support site in your opinion? You might want to re-read the forum title here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/767-the-realityxp-support-forum/

Now, can you please detail what you are describing as "transparent cockpit and a non-working panel"? You might want to link to a screenshot maybe?

I got a transparent cockpit

Are you using P3Dv4?

Are you using the latest Carenado/Alabeo installers for P3Dv4?

The Carenado and Alabeo product descriptions don't include GTN panel integrations. The EMB505 and the DA42 both only use the Garmin G1000. Nowhere in the panel to place a GTN. You can only have the GTN as a pop-up in this case.

• Like 1

Sometimes it is useful to monitor the work of your competitors. If you could place links to third-party resources, you would see ready-to-install modes from the F1 library for EMB505 and the DA42.  

RXP: They both install into ANY virtual cockpit with the help of notepad and reading the official flight simulator SDK and the details on the panel.cfg file.

Perfectly! But there is one small problem. Not everyone knows what to write in this notebook.

A software developer, instead of supporting the solution of the problem by the community on the forum)) But the money is received immediately and completely.
With the community is not divided)

Edited by RXP

Please, when you post a question requesting for help, and you get back requests for additional details mandatory to further help you out, it is most useful to start providing these answers first or how could we assist you without the necessary information? 

Otherwise are you just looking to try comparing our products with other's on our support forum or are you actually trying to find answers to your questions?

Speaking of libraries, since you've found an additional source of user contributed mods besides ours on this forum, do you know the GUI Panel Assistant has an option to auto-detect any GPS or GTN on the panel, and lets you easily swap the old GPS with the new Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch?

To proceed:

1. Follow the instruction provided in the mod you download from any other library that suits you.
  2. Open the RXP GTN GUI Panel Assistant
  3. Select the aforementioned option
  4. Select which old GPS to swap with the RXP
  5. Enjoy flying! It is only a couple mouse clicks away!

Otherwise:

1. Open the Reality XP Official Panel Configuration discussion
  2. Download the mod that corresponds to your aircraft and read the installation instructions.

Last but not least: should an aircraft is not readily available, you might find help from other customers having the same aircraft and willing to help you with the panel.cfg details. More often than not, Avsim in general, and this forum in particular, is a very friendly place to meet and exchange.

I understand you might have a frustration feeling not having the exact integration you've dreamt off readily available for downloading, but there is no way ALL aircraft ever released for FltSim could be pre-configured ready for download in a giant library.

Please understand most panel configuration libraries you'd find are for the most part user contributed. This is what makes this hobby thriving as lots of people share the same passion! And I can assure you putting very little effort in starting understanding how the aircraft and panels gets configured in FltSim is a very rewarding process.

Edited by RXP

I've seen the their modification for the 505 and any panel that has the G1000 as the default layout and even with the f1 software it still requires some editing of the panel.cfg and .xml files. It is beyond the scope of both products. RXP and f1 gauge installers are designed only to auto detect pre-existing GTN or GNS units to replace in the virtual panel. Otherwise installing to a panel with any other type of avionics as I mentioned involves editing of the relevant files. I myself never bothered to install the GTN/Touchscreen into a G1000 MFD as it doesn't look realistic. I have the Carenado 208 EX that employs the G1000. When I have time in the next few days I'll do this.

56 minutes ago, vant01 said:

you would see ready-to-install modes from the F1 library for EMB505 and the DA42.  

They have no problems with G1000

Not that simple. You still have to replace and edit files. Their product description does not mention replacing the G1000 with a simple click here and there.

Edited by bills511
  • Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, vant01 said:

OK  thanks.

If you hadn't done so yet install the contents of the GTN750 Carenado Phenom 300.zip from the f1 file library as per instructions. Load sim and the Phenom 300 and then panel wizard (Select the menu Add-ons | Reality XP GTN to add the GTN unit).
Close sim open the panel.cfg file and update the following highlighted numbers:

gauge04=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  172,30,272,275,NO_BEZEL This will allow all of the touchscreen to show unlike the f1 modification.

IE1frYj.jpg?1

• Upvote 1