Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

ATIS/Chatter Question/Issues

A few questions and issues - they may/may not be be related:

Does P2A generate it owns ATIS or it supplied by either P3D or a weather engine (ie Active Sky Next)?

How does (if at all) ticking the voice box in the P3D Sound Settings page impact P2A?  Best I can determine if it is unchecked you do not hear the ATIS when you are on the ATIS frequency.

Capture30.png

Issues:

ATIS - from a previous post there is not to be any chatter on the ATIS frequency - but I do hear a faint ATC chatter during ATIS.

Chatter - I can hear multiple channels of ATC on one frequency or it could be multiple chatter files playing over each other.   When this happens the chatter also plays over an ATC response and does not stop when PTT is pushed.  For example, when connected to P3D and on ATIS frequency 129.95 I hear the ATIS, but also am hearing chatter files for what sounds like approach or the tower (in this case the chatter is not faint, rather full volume).  When I switch to KLGA ClrDel 135.2 I get the correct chatter.  When I call for clearance I get a response but chatter continues over ATC response.  If I wait a minute or so and ask again for clearance P2A works fine.  Next I switch to ground channel 121.7.  I request push and P2A doesn't hear me so I use the 'sayit' feature.  During this process chatter stops when it should (both during sayit and ATC response).  Next I request ground for Taxi - P2A hears me and gives me taxi instructions, but chatter continues to play over ATC taxi instructions.  When finished I hear multiple chatter files playing back over each other.  This lasts for a few minutes and then singular chatter returns.  After a few mines it again plays multiple chatter files simultaneously - this time all from the ground channel.

Hope this makes sense.

If it is of any help I have posted my settings and chatter file structure.

Capture29.png

Capture31.png

Thank you.

Chuck

Chuck,

The Chatter Settings look fine.

And unchecking the Voice option box in P3D should prevent P3D from speaking.

Some versions prior to 2.5.0.1 had some Chatter issues, including Chatter talking over the pilot as you describe. 

That could be the problem.

Dave

Thanks.  I am currently on version 2.5.0.1.  Do you have suggestions for what to do about the chatter talking over the pilot and the multiple chatter files/channels playing at one time?

Hi Dave,

The problem with Chatter over ATIS is still a bug in 2.5.0.1.

In my limited checking I have not heard Chatter occurring during my read backs as it would in the past.

Best regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

First, a big thank you to P2A for taking time over a weekend to help me w/ my issues.  Great customer service.

Here's where I landed.  For a reason unknown to me chatter was coming from P3D itself - it looks like that chatter was playing over the P2A chatter.  I unticked 'Voice' in the P3D sound settings tab which cleared the random P3D chatter which was not being provided by P2A.  Next, I ticked 'Pilot2ATC provides ATIS' in the ATC Settings tab of the P2A config page.  This changed the source providing the ATIS info - it now is coming from P2A.  While I still need to test a bit more, the result seems to have been the elimination of unwanted chatter.  And the ATIS now provided by P2A no longer has chatter in the background.

I don't know why chatter was coming through P3D, but some add-on airports have their own ATC files and over time I've collected several ATC folders which may have impacted.  Will update.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Steinmetz