Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Application Hang

I have copied and pasted this from my post on the P3D Forums as I am far too lazy to type out a new post. 

Just to add that I did 'reset' the sound by pressing Q twice because of that annoying bug where sounds continue in the interior view from the outside view. I am just wondering could that be any cause to the application to hang and CTD? 

Crash to desktop after crash to desktop with P3D V4.2! 

After a full clean install of P3D V4.2 I am yet again plagued by an unknown CTD this time its to do with an application hang.

Upon finals into Minneapolis after an event free flight from London Heathrow, just entering in some information into the fmc (PMDG 777) the dreaded windows loading cursor appears, then the sim 'hangs' and keeps on hanging until it eventually crashes.

Sort your sim out LM! I know its not an issue on my side as I have spent countless hours over the past few days getting everything sorted and in order, making sure I installed compatible products and have tested it thoroughly. 

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 21/04/2018 20:03:25
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Me
Description:
The program Prepar3D.exe version 4.2.21.24048 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1d68
Start Time: 01d3d95fe54a6c84
Termination Time: 24
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Report Id: 74ce3837-89d0-49d8-92c9-bcc936d37a6f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-04-21T19:03:25.464922200Z" />
<EventRecordID>7445</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Me</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
<Data>4.2.21.24048</Data>
<Data>1d68</Data>
<Data>01d3d95fe54a6c84</Data>
<Data>24</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
<Data>74ce3837-89d0-49d8-92c9-bcc936d37a6f</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

20 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Sort your sim out LM! I know its not an issue on my side as I have spent countless hours over the past few days getting everything sorted and in order, making sure I installed compatible products and have tested it thoroughly. 

You have a configuration, an addon, and/or, most likely, a module not compatible with P3DV4.

Application hangs are very difficult to fix. In fact, your report shows nothing of value as it does not show the signature for the crash (which is the usual case for most AppHangs). I had one the other day and it took me some time (only 3 days) to figure it out.  Sim would freeze (hang) and then crash to desktop. In my case it was the CMeteoXmlx64.dll, a module in your main P3D Folder used by Carenado for weather.  It is not needed but, if you fly into heavy weather, after that, you will almost always get hangs/crashes.  If you have this module (and I know you do) being loaded in one of your dll.xml's, disable it.

In fact, whenever you get a hang or crash, one of the first things you should do is to disable both of your dll.xml's.  The one located in the same folder as your scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.

Another module that causes crashes or hangs is the fsuipc.dll.  If not up-to-date I have seen where it may cause a problem.  Not on every use of P3DV4 but it does cause a hang or crash if not up-to-date.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

34 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

My comment on that side was a bit over the top and pointing the finger at one thing only where I should have been more open on what may have caused it. 

I will look into your suggestions, this is my first time experiencing an App Hang and its one that is puzzling me also. Having searched the internet for suggested threads I am almost certain that in fact it is not P3D's fault, it is a module from outside of P3D causing it as it only seems to happen with the PMDG 777. 

I am currently in the middle of a flight which by the end of it should have accounted for over 5 hours in the sim. If all goes well then I will be happy (and yes I have already gone through some bad weather).

Last Sunday, the Wash DC area had a massive storm coming up from the South.  Decided to take a flight in it from Wash Dulles to Charlotte NC (right in the red stuff!).  Loaded everything and then the apphang and crash.  I have had the CMeteo module being loaded for a long time with no problems.  It was just because of the heavy weather that it decided to cause problems.  Perhaps the module could not handle heavy weather?  The other factor was that I had ASP4 loaded too.  If I did not load ASP4, I had no problems with the CMeteo module.  So I originally thought it was ASP4 but got to thinking that many members use ASP4 with P3DV4 with no problems.  I decided to disable the two dll.xml's and that solved the problem.  No more crashes.  After 3 days of trying to find out what was going on, it was a major relief when I found the culprit.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

In fact, whenever you get a hang or crash, one of the first things you should do is to disable both of your dll.xml's.  The one located in the same folder as your scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.

Jim

Can I confirm ....... set both files to "dll.xml.off" for example & they will both rebuild ?

for now, cheers

john martin

3 minutes ago, vadriver said:

Jim

Can I confirm ....... set both files to "dll.xml.off" for example & they will both rebuild ?

The one setting in the same folder as the P3D.cfg is the old default but some addon programs still use it.  Only the one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg will rebuild to the default.  You do not need the modules to test P3D and see if a module is crashing it.  Your addons, like PMDG, will still run and you won't even notice the module is not running.

Submit News to AVSIM

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:33 AM, Jim Young said:

Another module that causes crashes or hangs is the fsuipc.dll.....

jim

i believe you're on the mark with that suggestion ....... not so much fsuipc itself, but the "processor load" using lua's for various features, more so rotaries with repeats.

after I converted my pmdg inputs to "more direct / less complex" custom controls ID events (their SDK details them), I have not had a hang.

unfortunately not many other aircraft addons have this option as best I know.

thanks for the tip.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 4/22/2018 at 3:33 PM, Jim Young said:

In my case it was the CMeteoXmlx64.dll, a module in your main P3D Folder used by Carenado for weather.  It is not needed but, if you fly into heavy weather, after that, you will almost always get hangs/crashes.  If you have this module (and I know you do) being loaded in one of your dll.xml's, disable it.

I'm trying to root out a nagging CTD issue with P3D v4 and so far I've found a few potential culprits both of my own finding and in reading through the various threads here.  I do not appear to have CMeteoXml, however - no reference in either DLL.xml nor does the file turn up in a Windows search.  I did a clean install of v4.3, on top of a clean install of Windows 10.  I'm assuming it was removed from the latest release?

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

Ok guys  Midway thru my flight prepar3dv4.5 crash event viewer said application hang I know FSX used to do that once in a while while active sky injected weather into the Sim I think this is what is happening pd3 still fsx and I do have active sky and asca common issue I will run the flight again and see what happens also I did updated gsx and Ezdock and I used a saved file from my flight I will do a fresh flight.ps.in my experience when simconnect gets overwhelmed this happens at least in fsx but not all the time.

Edited by pelgrin21