Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Three Months Silence... PMDG, what's going on?

Just curious... :gaul:

• Like 4

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Something's brewing... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

In less than 2 months the expo is starting then we'll hear something.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

3 hours ago, 30K said:

In less than 2 months the expo is starting then we'll hear something.

I hope we GOT something until then ^^

• Like 1

didn't think it would take a year to get rain on the windshield...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, windshearDK said:

didn't think it would take a year to get rain on the windshield...

I think they are going to release a bunch of new features with the 747-8. Including their Rainmaker and also this new product line everybody is/was talking about. I think it is part of the 748 and releasing this on an earlier step would destroy the "wow"-effect.. 

Its so strange as they showed us something already which looked like nearly finished.
EFB, moving-map and rain effect. There can not be that much more for the 748 which could stop their release that much for now. I would guess, its really something huge to announce on the EXPO - I will hope a brand new flightsimulator in progress with all big developers. But I really don´t understand why the 748 has now that big delay and furthermore: no new previews..

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

I second that, also been waiting for some sort of news...They were saying the 748 had a lot of commonalities with the 777 project and I understand they are working on new tech and features, but still some news right?

I guess it's like RSR once said, for us, time remains still because we don't know/see what's brewing up in the kitchen, meanwhile they have a clear picture of the road ahead.

Ashwant Gonesh

Ashwant Gonesh

4 hours ago, ashbase said:

I second that, also been waiting for some sort of news...They were saying the 748 had a lot of commonalities with the 777 project and I understand they are working on new tech and features, but still some news right?

I guess it's like RSR once said, for us, time remains still because we don't know/see what's brewing up in the kitchen, meanwhile they have a clear picture of the road ahead.

Ashwant Gonesh

Patience is a virtue, chaps; but if the PMDG B744 is anything to go by then I'm sure their B748 will be well worth waiting for!  The 744-8 airframe has more in common with the B744 than the B777 apart from things like the EFB; but in any event RSR has said in the past he won't release anything until it is ready.  I might be wrong, but I think the 744 was in Beta testing for around one year after its Tech development before it was eventually released.

Bertie Goddard

47 minutes ago, berts said:

I might be wrong, but I think the 744 was in Beta testing for around one year after its Tech development before it was eventually released.

It was an extended period, most of which I think was during the technical team beta.  I recall comments regarding the depth and detail they dug into the product and a few things required time to fix.  Then we finally got it in the wide beta and that is a different kind of user... most of us are more like the lowest common denominator, myself included, and we try to break it.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

It was an extended period, most of which I think was during the technical team beta.  I recall comments regarding the depth and detail they dug into the product and a few things required time to fix.  Then we finally got it in the wide beta and that is a different kind of user... most of us are more like the lowest common denominator, myself included, and we try to break it.

Dan, I think you do yourself an injustice.  You obviously do a great job trying to break it and finding ways to help others fix it, myself included!

Bertie 

Once you start previews then people expect them to continue. Especially when further previews are promised. Anything else is just a very frustrating tease. I would far rather there had been no preview until the 748 expansion was in wider beta testing and the release was becoming close.

• Upvote 2

ki9cAAb.jpg

18 minutes ago, kevinh said:

Once you start previews then people expect them to continue. Especially when further previews are promised. Anything else is just a very frustrating tease. I would far rather there had been no preview until the 748 expansion was in wider beta testing and the release was becoming close.

This is my feeling as well. I understand things change in a process. But I feel there is a disconnect between seeing the benefits of releasing tease posts and the “apparent” fear of not using this same medium to issue updates of progress or lack thereof. Or even admitting things hit a bump. I feel you do your base more of a gesture to show both sides of the coin, then to show the glitzy parts than pull back for months at a time. 

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Gents,

As much as it might seem that way, we really aren't in the business of teasing things. Heck, if anyone is, the closest person to doing that is me, but that's because I'm on a project I literally cannot talk about, despite really, really, really wanting to show it off, so I drop the occasional mysterious comment from time to time. Keep in mind that we show things off because we're excited about it, too. Think back to how many times you've seen a bunch of early untextured model images from a random sim startup. Why show a project show early in the design process? They're excited about the work they've done so far.

If news gets posted with some vague idea of the way forward, and that doesn't end up happening, there's a reason for it. Some of those reasons are simply business decisions that you won't have visibility into. Once we've gotten to another point where we can share something, we will, like we did when we figured out how to capitalize on the P3D rain effects (and no, it hasn't just been that function we've been working on since we showed you the earlier images - we've kept rolling into other tasks and projects).

As far as announcements go, though, this thread shows why it's so difficult. Just look at the responses. The OP is asking why we haven't updated people. Some of the others are saying hold off. So, it isn't a matter of right or wrong. Unless the two groups want to come to a consensus, our choice is: irritate one group, or irritate the other group.

One of those options, however, does require a lot less effort.

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

Great example is that Aerosoft puts out monthly if not weekly updates.  And they get crucified by every fs pilot in the forums who meticulous pick over the images or videos.  Or if they put nominal release dates and decide to take longer to add in functionality like TrueGlass and RealLight, they get smeared as being liars and terrible developers. 

So like Kyle said its damned if you do, damned if you don't.   

I really enjoy previews and never understand those who choose to post and pick at every little thing until release.  Kind of ruin it for the rest of us.

Edited by jason99vmi

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png