Sign in to follow this  
Wayne Anstey

747 CTD on engine shutdown, and engine sound superimposition

Basically, the first thing is, I have noticed issues in P3Dv4.2 with sound, for example engage full throttle, then pull thrust to idle, then change between views and the sound resets back to that of full throttle again, even when thrust levers are closed.... and it's pretty annoying and i don't know how to make it stop and cannot seem to find anything online to help (just to clarify this is using the P3Dv4 standard views and not chaseplane etc...).

when this happens (which is all the time), i then turn off engines and switch views and the problem persists, then suddenly CTD. 

the problem is detectable for me when in the passenger front wing/engine view. don't know what is causing this. 

i am using AS4 with this, but don't think this is the issue.

addons

orbx global base pack
AS4
747 QOTS
737ngx + expansion
777 + expansion
Navigraph FMS data

system spec:

i7 5820k
GTX1070
32GB RAM

1 hour ago, Wayne Anstey said:

Basically, the first thing is, I have noticed issues in P3Dv4.2 with sound, for example engage full throttle, then pull thrust to idle, then change between views and the sound resets back to that of full throttle again, even when thrust levers are closed.... and it's pretty annoying and i don't know how to make it stop and cannot seem to find anything online to help (just to clarify this is using the P3Dv4 standard views and not chaseplane etc...).

Hit Q twice.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi there,

This does fix the little sound bug, although for some reason the CTD still occurs when shutting down engines. any ideas? 

Kind regards

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Hit Q twice.

also could you tell me why this is the case? are lockheed likely to be fixing whatever is causing this issue do you know? 

6 hours ago, Wayne Anstey said:

Hi there,

This does fix the little sound bug, although for some reason the CTD still occurs when shutting down engines. any ideas? 

Kind regards

Check in P3D settings -> Information the Miscellaneous Text options? Do you have them enable? If yes can you disable them all and check if you are still get the crash?

As for the sound I believe this is a known issue since FSX days and the sim

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hey thanks,

yeah seems like this has fixed the problem and stopped the crash. is this potentially a bug that is going to be patched too?

KR 

4 minutes ago, Wayne Anstey said:

Hey thanks,

yeah seems like this has fixed the problem and stopped the crash. is this potentially a bug that is going to be patched too?

KR 

This is a bug on LM side and will be fixed on the next P3DV4 release.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com