Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
RL18

RWY N/A issues with PMDG 737

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I made an airport by the AirportDesignEditor. I tried to implement the runway data into the database of the PMDG737. When I start at this airport and try to make a flightplan I get an error message when I put in the ICAO Airport code in the FMC. The message is: ''ERR: 18L RWY N/A''. And when I put it in I just see a white circle which symbolizes my airport on the navigation display and nothing when I didn't put it in. I just see then the blue circles of the other airports.

 

How can I fix the problem??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally, the solution would be to delete ARPT_RWY.dat in the NavData folder, restart the simulator, and let it rebuild, so I'd try that first. If that doesn't work, since you made an airport yourself, you may have to open that file up and see what needs to be done. Make sure you back your files up, though, because if you do update the AIRAC, it'll overwrite what you put in.


Captain Kevin

8e9bfe368edaef204bfa6a1373fc6422.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Normally, the solution would be to delete ARPT_RWY.dat in the NavData folder, restart the simulator, and let it rebuild, so I'd try that first. If that doesn't work, since you made an airport yourself, you may have to open that file up and see what needs to be done. Make sure you back your files up, though, because if you do update the AIRAC, it'll overwrite what you put in.

The NGX doesn't use this like the 777 and 747 do, I don't believe.

Moreover, this isn't an issue of that file getting out of sync. The OP stated that he modified the files himself, which means that the error is a result of his own actions.

1 hour ago, RL18 said:

How can I fix the problem??

It's not really a problem, as much as it's not knowing how to properly edit the files you've edited.

See here:

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=164933

NOTE: Full names - first and last - are required here in the forum.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A common error when editing those wpNAVApt.txt files is using a Tab instead of Space.... all white space in the file has to be spaces.  The column position is significant.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RL18 said:

I made an airport by the AirportDesignEditor. I tried to implement the runway data into the database of the PMDG737. When I start at this airport and try to make a flightplan I get an error message when I put in the ICAO Airport code in the FMC. The message is: ''ERR: 18L RWY N/A''. And when I put it in I just see a white circle which symbolizes my airport on the navigation display and nothing when I didn't put it in. I just see then the blue circles of the other airports.

 

21 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's not really a problem, as much as it's not knowing how to properly edit the files you've edited.

Kyle, thanks for the data format file.

RL18, is this an entirely new airport or a renaming of an existing one (FAJS>FAOR for example)?

If this is an entirely new airport or new ICAO, it seems to me that you will also need to make an entry for it in Airports.dat of latitude and longitude.  This file appears to have the airports listed in order of Latitude as will be evident by looking at the file.  It will be overwritten by the next Airac update too.  

I'm not sure if this will work without an [ICAO].txt file in SIDSTARS even if there are no SIDs/STARs or approaches.

Mike

 

 


 

                    bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 1:22 PM, Mike777 said:

I'm not sure if this will work without an [ICAO].txt file in SIDSTARS even if there are no SIDs/STARs or approaches

In the unlikely case where there are no terminal procedures, the FMS will still recognize an airport that is correctly entered into wpNavAPT.txt and Airports.dat. However, even the least significant GA airports will usually have a VOR or RNV approach.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downscc said:

In the unlikely case where there are no terminal procedures, the FMS will still recognize an airport that is correctly entered into wpNavAPT.txt and Airports.dat. However, even the least significant GA airports will usually have a VOR or RNV approach.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for clearing that up!  Also thanks for drawing up the PMDG Navdata to which Kyle linked.

Mike


 

                    bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 11:15 PM, scandinavian13 said:

The NGX doesn't use this like the 777 and 747 do, I don't believe.

Moreover, this isn't an issue of that file getting out of sync. The OP stated that he modified the files himself, which means that the error is a result of his own actions.

It's not really a problem, as much as it's not knowing how to properly edit the files you've edited.

See here:

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=164933

NOTE: Full names - first and last - are required here in the forum.

I entered the neccesary data like it was given in the structure of https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=164933.

Then I made a new folder of the new airport in SIDSTARS and entered the runways of the airport like how in the other airport folders. I entered just that:

RNWS
RNW 18L
RNW 18R
RNW 36L
RNW 36R
ENDRNWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RL18 said:

I still get an Error.

Then you're still doing it incorrectly.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What steps are to do when I want to insert a new created airport into the navdata of the PMDG737?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RL18 said:

What steps are to do when I want to insert a new created airport into the navdata of the PMDG737?

The FMC requires that your airport exist in at least airport.dat and wpNavApt.txt navdata files.  If your airport has any approaches or other terminal procedures then those must be defined in a sidstar file to be available in the FMC.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes and I put the data into this two files. Also I made a file in SIDSTARS for my airport. For now there is only one runway for testing.

FIXES
FIX TT010 LATLON N 30 25.592160 W 18 57.165360
FIX TT012 LATLON N 30 17.592900 W 18 57.171660
FIX TT001 LATLON N 30 3.759480 W 18 57.184320
FIX IF36L LATLON N 30 3.759180 W 19 1.795800
FIX FF36L LATLON N 30 7.759140 W 19 1.795800
ENDFIXES


RNWS
RNW 36L
ENDRNWS

STARS
STAR TT01Z2 FIX TT010 FIX TT012
  RNW 36L
ENDSTARS

APPROACHES
APPROACH 36L FIX FF36R AT OR ABOVE 2000 RNW 36L TRK 358 UNTIL 1000 TURN LEFT DIRECT FIX TT012 4000
 TRANSITION TT012 FIX TT012 AT OR ABOVE 4000 FIX TT001 AT OR ABOVE 3000 FIX AT OR ABOVE 2000
ENDAPPROACHES

 

But I still get an error :''LN:1 ERR AT FIXES''

Here is a picture of the routes(coulered red) with the marked fixes (coulered yellow) and the runways(coulrede green) http://www.directupload.net/file/d/5078/79ogajwm_png.htm

The orange line is the go around route with a left turn at 1000ft direct to TT012.

So what went wrong???

Edited by RL18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RL18 said:

 

But I still get an error :''LN:1 ERR AT FIXES''

Hi RL18,

Dan, DOWNSCC, said you don't need a SIDSTAR file.  He is very knowledgeable, so I suggest  you remove it to eliminate an additional complication.  Please post your entries for Airports.dat and WPNavAirport.txt  and the other airport entries immediately around them.

Mike


 

                    bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. I deleted this file. I get no error messages. But when I want to to have approach procedures what is wrong in my code of my last post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    41%
    $10,300.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...