Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

I need an advice in Concorde things...

I think about getting the FSLabs Concorde (for FSX, I know about the maybe comming new version in P3D, but I keep using FSX for the near future). I use FSX boxed with a ton of addons like ORBX and tools like Active Sky and Steves DX10 Fixer. I can run the FSLabs A320 in a nice and smooth state.

If you own the concorde - is it running well on a modern system on FSX on WIN 10? Is it worth the money and work to get used to it? Would you recommend it to a Flightsim-bro? :happy:

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

1st question: Yes it is. My OS is Win 10 with FSX-SE.
2nd question: For me, yes it is worth and need to take time to get used to it. It is very complex aircraft and the AP system is different from modern jet aircraft. I recommend to search for "Concorde X tutorial" in Youtube (provided by simulaciondevuelo). Note: should see all video from introduction until the end of tutorial flight then you can decide it is what you need or not.
3rd question: If you are really interested in Concorde, I'll recommend. I think this is the best Concorde add on for flight sim.

Just be aware that the VC is pretty poor quality by today's standards.

David Porrett

Thank you guys! I am already at video number 4 from simulaciondevuelo! He is doing a great job. 

Yes, the textures are not the best, but I like the way they solved it with the engineer panels in 2D. 

I think I will go for it! 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Klaus,

As a long-standing Concorde lover it's nice to see people are still interested in this iconic aircraft.

My PC spec is i7-4770K o/c to 4.4Ghz, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 running at 1920*1080 in P3D v3.4.

FPS are fine with sensible settings and I can fly EGLL-KJFK (3rd party airports) without running out of VAS.

Yes, the 3D cockpit graphics could be better but they were deliberately designed to minimise the VAS usage. To me that's better than fancier panels but running out of VAS. Steve's DX10 Fixer will enhance the lighting effects.

A 64-bit version is currently being developed but release date is unknown. Hopefully later this year.

There is an excellent tutorial supplied with the aircraft that allows you to save various stages of the flight from C&D to approach. It's mandatory reading if you want to get the best out of the aircraft.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Klaus,

As a long-standing Concorde lover it's nice to see people are still interested in this iconic aircraft.

My PC spec is i7-4770K o/c to 4.4Ghz, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 running at 1920*1080 in P3D v3.4.

FPS are fine with sensible settings and I can fly EGLL-KJFK (3rd party airports) without running out of VAS.

Yes, the 3D cockpit graphics could be better but they were deliberately designed to minimise the VAS usage. To me that's better than fancier panels but running out of VAS. Steve's DX10 Fixer will enhance the lighting effects.

A 64-bit version is currently being developed but release date is unknown. Hopefully later this year.

There is an excellent tutorial supplied with the aircraft that allows you to save various stages of the flight from C&D to approach. It's mandatory reading if you want to get the best out of the aircraft.

I already bought it and currently I am learning all the systems and procedures. I am already in Love with it :happy: Youtube and some document downloads are very helpful.

Altough I know how to fly some older birds in sim it is something different. I like good graphics in general but on the FSLabs Concorde the textures are not that important to me because this is the closest we can come to this awesome bird. They did an very good job on transforming it into simworld I think.

I also own big birds like the PMDG 777 or the 747 but I have to say I dont fly them often on long hauls because of the time needed. Now I can do an transatlantic flight within 4 to 5 hours (including preplanning and preparation of all programs and so on). Just awesome.

And last but not least, she just looks graceful!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Klaus, wise choice. You’ll have a great time flying her. And if you want to have fun with your Boeing or Airbus friends challenge them to a hop from EGLL to KJFK. Give them a 3 hour start and you’ll still beat them. :biggrin:

If you want the best video of Concorde buy this double DVD set. It was used by FSL when refining the design and also in the tutorial.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ITVV-Concorde-British-Airways-Double/dp/B018QZ8XBI

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather