Sign in to follow this  
Satchmo

Can't find VOR DME X-Plane 11

Hi all;

Sorry, it's just unbelievable. I am having trouble finding the VOR-DME cockpit indication of aircraft Cirrus Vision SF50 on X-Plane 11.

Even if you can't find it either, please let me know about. Best regards, Satchmo

You have to press PFD softkey then DME BRG1 BRG2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ryanbatcund;

Thanks a lot for your speedy reply. I am not quite sure if we are on the same page.

I'm looking for the DME-"window", indicating the distance to or from a VOR-station. I have only the heading indication window, the course window and the ground speed window, but no DME-window.

I guess you are referring to the GPS unit, where I don't have a functional PFD soft key. The very only functional soft key I am having is the PDI (to select NAV 1, NAV 2 and GPS). No other soft key is working on my machine.

Any other idea? Thank you, Satchmo   

17 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I guess you are referring to the GPS unit, where I don't have a functional PFD soft key.

Which XP11 version do you use?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

MarioDonick,

it is the DVD version "AEROSOFT EDITION: +3 detailed airports. I bought it 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for your interest, Satchmo

Hi,

this is the indication you want to get. It is only available on the left screen. Like Ryan said above, you need to click on the PFD key, then the BRG1 and/or BRG2 keys.

Note that you need to have active VOR´s tuned to get an indication. This is done by turning the top left key to tune the freq, then click the arrow left/right button to push the freq to the RIGHT (which is active).

I can´t post a pic since avsim is making it unnecessarily hard to post pictures.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Janov;

Thanks for your time.

As I already mentioned, I don't have a functional PFD soft key in my SF50, just a PDI key for selection of NAV 1+2 and GPS. I am familiar with the switchology of NAV aids etc. and it is not a matter of receiving. I receive the bearing but there is no DME indication like in all other X-Plane 11 aircraft. It's just the SF50 not showing DME nowhere in the cockpit.

Can you pinpoint where this DME shows in your SF50?

Thank you, Satchmo

Hi Satchmo,

if you want to post your problem at x-plane.org I will be happy to post a screenshot there showing you where I see the DME. Here at avsim its not possible to attach screenshots without "hosting" them somewhere else, if I understand correctly, which is cumbersome and I am not ready to do that extra step.

Cheers, Jan

Janov;

Thanks for your offer. Yes, I became a member in the meanwhile. However, as a new member I cannot start my first post until I have answered two posts of others.

I highly appreciate if you could post your screenshot there and I could answer it.

Regards, Satchmo 

nevermind.  now the info is there.  v11.11

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Hi,

here is the relevant thread at the .org:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/148002-how-to-get-conventional-dmebrg-indication-in-the-cirrus-jet/

Hope this helps!

This is not trying to divert traffic from avsim - I will continue to post and stay active here, I am just taking this route for once because of the cumbersome picture posting policy here at avsim.

Cheers, Jan

19 minutes ago, Janov said:

Hope this helps!

This is not trying to divert traffic from avsim - I will continue to post and stay active here, I am just taking this route for once because of the cumbersome picture posting policy here at avsim.

Cheers, Jan

Whilst not my question, just wanted to say you're a good man Jan - always most helpful and informative

cheers

Peter

• Like 3

Thank you , Janov.  that will help anyone else with this question.  Most of those softkeys only recently started working (v11.11 I guess)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Hi Ryan,Mario,Jan and sightseer;

I just feel to say thank you to all of you for your thoughts and your help with my Cirrus SF50-trouble.

The problem was solved mainly because of Janov's screen shots where we recognized the catch.

In the meanwhile I upgraded to 11.20 Beta and I enjoy seeing a DME to my selected stations.

Thank you guys and best regards, Satchmo 

Thats good to hear! Now I won´t have to worry about you getting lost and running out of fuel... 😅

Happy landings, Jan