Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[23APR18] FSW Closure: We are disappointed, but not surprised...

All right enough.😂 Get back to work. My money is eagerly awaiting new releases. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

How many of you remember the Papa Tango fiasco?

I remember it very well Rob.

And I remember I could almost feel the disgust and disdain for DTG in your post 11 months back when you voiced your concerns (hidden behind a cordial reply of course), hehe.   You clearly saw this for what it was, a money-grab by a holier-than-thou company who mistakenly thought we'd all (meaning both Devs and customers) flock to their temple and pay homage to the new flightsim deity (from their point of view).  

I pretty much figured that if they couldn't get big name Devs to bow to them, it was only a matter of time before they lost interest in a product that they would have to invest considerable time and money to develop the planes and other software to the level of PMDG and other established devs.

I wonder with the final straw was that made them drop the project like a hot rock?  Maybe a staff meeting where the dev team told leadership that they just can't poop out a 747 to PMDG's level just because leadership thinks a plane is a plane and it should not be any harder than developing a Piper Cub?  OR even if they could poop one out, most of the hard core simmers wouldn't touch it because it has no supporting software to go with it on their platform...so there goes any real revenue stream because Joe Gamer who has FSW and only wants to see if he can fly under the golden gate bridge is not going to pay anything over $10 for any DLC for a silly flying game.

Like most, I knew this platform was doomed from the start....it was only a matter of when.  I did think it would at least last through the next Christmas season though.

Its just sad to think where a new platform could have been by now if your group of respected devs won that bid....I know one thing...your focus would not be exclusively on profit margins and underhanded ways to force other devs to utilize your distribution channels and methodologies. :blink:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

<snip>

We don't care if you like FS2002, FS9, FSX, AS1, AS2, XPL 4, XPL 5, XPL 6.2189, XPL10, XPL 11, FS1, Pro Pilot, P3D, P4D, P5D or Farm Simulator or Goat Sim...

<snip>

C'mon Rob what about Flight Pilot Simulator: 3D for iPhone?! By excluding that from your extensive and clearly non-exhaustive list, are you saying that the secret project we've been testing ("FPS:3D4iOS 747 v3 QOTSII") is out the window? What are you going to announce at FSExpo now?!

In all seriousness, I'm glad that you've acknowledged the DTG development team in all of this. I doubt that any of them signed up to work on FSW because they were passionate about creating a market-dominating distribution channel with which to "clip the ticket" on this community's existence and the labours of third-party devs.

I imagine they were all - at least on some level - interested in flight simulation, and wanted to make a better product for the community. I hope that those people find work opportunities which allow them to use their talents elsewhere.

I would also hope that this whole experience will demonstrate to other prospective entrants that the community is resistant to cynical monetizing efforts. The developers that have truly shaped our landscape have done so out of a passion for the end product. My sense is that the community by-and-large like it that way, and will vote with their wallets accordingly.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I moved from FSX:SE to P3Dv4 to benefit from the 64bit platform, sorry to see DTG go if they had updated FSX to 64bit I think they would have more success with them owning the commercial rites, would have been a good platform for beginners to flight sim, and likely well supported.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

It’s sad to see a platform discontinued, I’m sure plenty of hard work was put in, but it still had a long long way to go. I wasn’t a fan of the DLC method they chose and I guess was a helping hand in the downfall of the sim. I did, however like what they accomplished with the clouds, and the rain effects, but as said still had room for improvement.  I feel for the programmers who may find themselves out of work.

I only picked it up out of curiosity when it was on sale, it was never my intention to use it for more than that, unless the big players got involved (which obviously never happened)

Alaister Kay

LMAO all these ppl here comparing the d*** of their beloved sim and RSR just like shut the hell up.

LOVE IT.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Does this mean that whatever developing rights that were purchased and owned by DTG will be up for bid, and possibly acquired by another company?  

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

I know DTG since the early days when they started under the Railsimulator.com brand. To keep the long story short, the brand name might have changed but the attitude and work ethics behind the scenes never did. Although I do feel sorry for those who were trapped by their false promises but deep inside I am happy these con artist are out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Thiago,

I couldn't disagree more.  :laugh:

Robert, was it really necessary to laugh or show the laughing face? It implies arrogance on your part. Can't you simply respect that Thiago has an opinion that you disagree with and leave it at that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, count it a lesson learned.  I think I only paid $20 or so for FSW anyway, on the chance that it would become something good.  Obviously I got taken, but at least it was only the equivalent of dinner at a decent restaurant.

P3Dv4 all the way for me, for now.  I may even delete FSX:SE off of my system after this.  I am pretty much done with Dovetail at this point.  And besides, if your plane isn't 64-bits, it's no longer good enough to run on my system.  :gaul:

I own XP11, but I just haven't pulled the trigger on making it my platform of choice yet.  I'll give it more consideration as more study level planes like PMDG's begin to appear, and the weather and AI traffic add-ons continue to improve.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GCBraun said:

All the other top-tier developers are jumping on-board. Unless they are really working on a new fs-platform, I think this will be inevitable in the (near) future. 

What Robert Randazzo is saying is that PMDG isnt blind to whats going on in Xplane. Dont worry, the plan is to operate in FSX-SE, P3DV4 and XP with a significant focus on the last two (being 64 bit sims)

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, mcbellette said:

Robert, was it really necessary to laugh or show the laughing face? It implies arrogance on your part. Can't you simply respect that Thiago has an opinion that you disagree with and leave it at that?

You're being a little overly sensitive about it...what baffles me is that you weren't even part of the exchange you're seemingly offended by. Getting offended on someone else's behalf and attempting to use that position to lecture someone for being arrogant is kind of...well...arrogant.

He noted a disagreement, and used a smiley face. There's no need to read more into that than what's right there. :laugh:

• Like 4

Kyle Rodgers

I am neither disappointed nor surprised, knowing the pedigree of DTG.

The demise of FSW is called Karma, what a horrible and arrogant business model.

Now, DTG, get the Hotel out of our community and stay out!

Edited by Boomer
  • Like 4

spacer.png

R.I.P. Dovetail Games. Never to see my $$$ again, not only with FSW, but TSW and other franchises as well. I was deceived by them - only bought FSW as a way to support the advertised "development of a new flight sim platform".