Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Corsair RM850i or CX850M?

Hi folks,

It seems there's a real shortage of Corsair PSUs at the moment as I was originally going to go with the RM850x, but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere at all. I'm building a Aorus z370 MOBO/GTX1080ti/i7-8700K overclock setup, and just wanted to know if I could get away with the cheaper CX850M, which is in stock, or whether it's really necessary to go for the RM850i (also in stock). I cannot, despite research, for the life of me see the difference, except something to do with the RM being modular - is that really important?
Cheers folks

850W,   8700k + single 1080TI 750W is ok , you cant put 2X1080TI on a 850W psu  

I recomend 750W  if you run single 1080TI and 1000W for 2 x 1080TI , you have plenty of headroom for OC both Cpu and Gpu

The differences besides being modular are the efficiency, you are going to notice bronze/platinum/gold efficiency in the descriptions, although this is a rather complicated process to explain in shorts terms, a gold efficiency 850w PSU truly delivers that power...

For a high end system like you are building dont save pennys in your PSU, go with the better!

PS: i have one RM850RX

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Ahhh fellas your answers are very much appreciated but I don’t know what to do for the best - I’ve no intention of running more than 1 GTX 1080ti (would have to sell one of my organs to buy another one) - could i get away with a 750w? (planning tomoverclock the 8700k too, if that makes any difference - also 2 ssd’s and an HDD). I understand marques your point about penny pinchng - i regretted that with the last computer i built. i might pre-order the new rm850x, but a 750w would be cheaper