Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

best atc for p3d v4

hi, i would like to know if there is an offline (not vasit etc) atc program for p3d v4 that can give you exact directions to land in any airport that doesnt support ils, under low visibility conditions (bad weather, fog etc).

the default atc does it in a way , but not as good as i would like to. 

thanks

Nikos Kasimatis

I have tried them all including payware ATC, and Vatsim. Pro ATC X is the most realistic of all of them. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

thanks bob. but it can give you individual instructions? or it is based only to the current traffic around an airport?

Nikos Kasimatis

4 minutes ago, thenikos said:

thanks bob. but it can give you individual instructions? or it is based only to the current traffic around an airport?

It's ATC, you file a flight plan, and follow the instructions ATC gives you. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I would suggest to use the search on YouTube about Pro ATCx so you can see by yourself if it does what you are looking for.

There are others, Vox Atc and PF3 are also available.

I prefer Pro-Atc but we are all different :)

Regards

Simbol 

to bob: hmmm like this works atc in the real world? :) you fill a flight plan and it follows it? i imagined something different. like when you are in trouble , you ask atc for specific instructions. or if the airport is busy at the moment you land (that needs connection with ultimate traffic live that i use i think), then the atc tells you to circle around till you get your turn to land.

to simbol: i watched many videos but 99% of them are in conditions you don't need an extra help from the atc, like fog = bad visibility. for example i would like very specific instructions, like "you are too high, go down 500 feet" , or "turn left , turn right" depending the position.

i use pmdg 747 v3 and majestic dash, at the filled plans with ils on fmc i think im the ... best in the world :) i manage to do perfect landings (automated of course). the problem is when i have to take control under bad conditions. or maybe this is real life, when there is bad weather or too much fog, the planes dont land even with the help of atc :)

Nikos Kasimatis

47 minutes ago, thenikos said:

when there is bad weather or too much fog, the planes dont land even with the help of atc :)

Exactly. If weather is below minimum conditions the airport is closed and aircraft have to proceed to their alternate destination (that is why you have one of those in your flight plan). But even if it is CAT ready, Aircraft that don't have the necessary equipment are not allowed to land either and are redirected as well.

In commercial aviation ATC doesn't do what you ask at all - they can't, they don't have the technology. ILS only works in your direction, it doesn't give ATC any information - they only see you on radar, they don't know where -exactly- you are and what the condition of your aircraft is - if you don't. And they can't see your instruments either. As a radar blip, you could be flying upside down for all they know. Even assuming they would be able to do it, they don't have the manpower to talk down every single aircraft like you suggest. 

But that being said - as a simulator ATC addon, this would be possible of course. The sim always knows where you are - exactly ;o)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

46 minutes ago, thenikos said:

to simbol: i watched many videos but 99% of them are in conditions you don't need an extra help from the atc, like fog = bad visibility. for example i would like very specific instructions, like "you are too high, go down 500 feet" , or "turn left , turn right" depending the position.

With PRO-ATCX You can ask for the alternative airport if your are in trouble due to weather or any other issues.

To be honest I haven't tried Pro Atc emergency procedures, perhaps you could go to their forums and ask more specific questions.

I have the feeling your expectations are too high in relation to the products we have available for offline flying at the moment, in any case remember it is the pilot responsibility to keep the safety of the Aircraft, ATC is there to ensure air space safety and to provide you with the right information so you can do your job as a pilot and keep your passengers safe, NTSB, FAA, CAA, etc. will be the judges of your actions after you crash no ATC :), so you could land in the middle of a tornado, you are the pilot in command, ATC will just move everyone out of your way, except the tornado off course!

Regards 

Simbol 

You might want to look at Pilot 2 ATC also. It has a 10 day demo period and a support forum here at Avsim.

NAX669.png

PF3 has a free trial period and I strongly recommend it. Documentation is comprehensive. It seems to be enhanced regularly.  The developer support and forum is prompt and spot on. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I know you said Offline, and not Online, but in my opinion there is nothing more realistic than flying with any of the online networks.  Both have their plusses and minuses but they are worlds better than any of the offline stuff.  Just curious, why don't you want to do Vatsim, etc. if you are looking for realism?  In my opinion the ATC programs are not flexible to adapt to what you are doing and very robotic.  I feel the online experience is way better. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I have all of them atc progs  but IMO pilot2atc is your best bet. You get regular updates, The dev is here most days.If you contact him he will get back to you  right quick and without that if-the-prog-does-not-work-it-is-the-customer's-fault attitutde.If  you find a bug and you contact the dev if it is a bug it will get fixed   and you'll find it fixed in the next update.If the bug is serious enough  chances are the dev will release a fix right away.

You really can't go wrong with  p2atc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I know you said Offline, and not Online, but in my opinion there is nothing more realistic than flying with any of the online networks.  Both have their plusses and minuses but they are worlds better than any of the offline stuff.  Just curious, why don't you want to do Vatsim, etc. if you are looking for realism?  In my opinion the ATC programs are not flexible to adapt to what you are doing and very robotic.  I feel the online experience is way better. 

Most of my online flying either started or wound up with Unicomm. Not very realistic. 

34 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Most of my online flying either started or wound up with Unicomm. Not very realistic. 

Agree, that is the downside of Vatsim unless you fly during a scheduled event.  The events are very realistic.  However, I'd prefer flying on Uniciom and communicating with other pilots within the airspace even if it isn't "realistic" when flying into a large airport.  I just felt that in the programs I have tried in the past there isn't too much flexibility in what you can do and it felt very canned.  It's not a knock, just an opinion.  I see pros and cons of both.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

first of all thank you very much everybody for your messages. i took something from everybody's answer even if they are different.

yes i think after your explanations i understood more or less what is atc and what it does in real life. i thought (maybe from the movies) that it does something else :)

i have already tried vatsim, its really amazing, i didnt use the voice/sound, i was writing and i was getting written answers back. the only problem was that i am ... greek so im interested more in greek airports (there was nobody offering atc there) and some central european ones i tried, like vienna, frankfurt etc, the moment i wanted them to be online, they were not :)

as many of you suggested, i will start with the demos, trying to find out if an atc program is useful for me (and better than the default one).

thanks again everybody

Nikos Kasimatis