Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

best atc for p3d v4

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Dirk, I flew almost every day for a year with PF3. It is good for GA, not so good for Airliners that are using Sids and Stars all the time without having to twist yourself into a pretzel just trying to set up a flight. For instance, about 2 hours ago I flew a 737 NGX from Montreal to JFK in New York. The time it took me to set that flight up with Pro ATC X was about 2 minutes at most.

Takes me 4 - 6 minutes into a new airport, depending on it's size. No twisting myself into a pretzel, and you should not twist yourself either.

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have version 3.7.2   Which one are you using? 

Same here. Alas, then it's your comprehension.

But I agree, you can fire and forget PATC-X, it's faster (3 min-4 min), but PF3 is more interesting, more versatile, it can do more things than PATC-X!

Just wondering what might be the best replacement for RC4 "user friendly" like? As I understand from the messages in this thread, this would be ProATC X. Both in features, functionalities and user-friendliness. Am I right, or in other words, should I opt for Pro ATC X to replace RC4 that I have been using for years?

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 minute ago, hvw said:

Just wondering what might be the best replacement for RC4 "user friendly" like? As I understand from the messages in this thread, this would be ProATC X. Both in features, functionalities and user-friendliness. Am I right, or in other words, should I opt for Pro ATC X to replace RC4 that I have been using for years?

Thanks,

Hans

If you plan to use voice commands later on then I'd suggest PF3, otherwise PATC-X.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Same here. Alas, then it's your comprehension.

But I agree, you can fire and forget PATC-X, it's faster (3 min-4 min), but PF3 is more interesting, more versatile, it can do more things than PATC-X!

name one.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

13 minutes ago, hvw said:

Thanks,

Hans

If I remember correctly, ProAtc is only IFR...doesn't manage VFR and doesn't manage vectoring.

Depending on the mood and type of flight, I run VoxAtc, PF3 or Pilot2Atc.

I would also add that these three programs have evaluation versions. Try and choose :smile:

Regards,

• Like 2

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

name one.

I already mentioned before here, but if you missed I'll repeat:  much better natural voices based on geography, procedure names, very good integration (by design) with voice command programs, altitude and heading correction nags.

PS: VFR of course if somebody's interested. Totally missing in PATC-X btw.

Edited by Dirk98

5 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

If I remember correctly, ProAtc is only IFR...doesn't manage VFR and doesn't manage vectoring.

I'm not sure about vectoring, is it still missing in PATC-X??

Edited by Dirk98

41 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Depending on the mood and type of flight, I run VoxAtc, PF3 or Pilot2Atc.

I would also add that these three programs have evaluation versions. Try and choose :smile:

Regards,

Don't know which PATC you are using, but mine does vectoring on about half my flights where I am not going from waypoint to waypoint. In fact at this very moment I am flying an approach into Portland INtL for the 10-R ILS and getting vectors for the approach. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Don't know which PATC you are using, but mine does vectoring on about half my flights where I am not going from waypoint to waypoint. 

I read somewhere that on an airport without Star, the final approach phase was not vectorized by the approach center. It was shortly after the release of ProAtc. So, it seems it's no more the case. Do you confirm ?

Edit : just found this post where I asked the question. See also 2 or 3 posts under this one.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/489421-atc-addons/?do=findComment&comment=3431116

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

So make sure your last waypoint is an appropriate starting point for the vectoring (the flightplan loaded into PF3 might be different from the one loaded into your FMC). And set the altitude for that waypoint accordingly if not already done automatically by PF3. Also adjust the altitudes of the preceding waypoints if necessary. Set rather lower than higher altitude

Dude you just reinforced my point:  RC4 does all of  this for me.

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

I read somewhere that on an airport without Star, the final approach phase was not vectorized by the approach center. It was shortly after the release of ProAtc. So, it seems it's no more the case. Do you confirm ?

Edit : just found this post where I asked the question. See also 2 or 3 posts under this one.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/489421-atc-addons/?do=findComment&comment=3431116

Regards,

I would say about 35% of the approaches I get are with a star, because I fly into airports where there either are no stars or the runway I am assigned is not easily reached with a star, from the direction I am approaching the airport. In that case, PATC just gives vectors.. For instance, I just landed at Portland Airport from the East, and was vectored to the FAF for Runway 10L . ,   I had RC4 back in the day, in fact I even met with the developer one evening in Atlanta. I have a copy of it somewhere on one of my backup discs, but haven't used it in many years. The vectoring in the latest version of PATC is spot on. 

Edited by Bobsk8

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

minus procedures, no vfr.

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would say about 35% of the approaches I get are with a star, because I fly into airports where there either are no stars or the runway I am assigned is not easily reached with a star, from the direction I am approaching the airport. In that case, PATC gives vectors. I had RC4 back in the day, in fact I even met with the developer one evening in Atlanta. I have a copy of it somewhere on one of my backup discs, but haven't used it in many years. The vectoring in the latest version of PATC is spot on. 

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Richard Portier

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

So it saves you 3 minutes in your flight preparation. You decide if that is more important to you than being able to fly a realistic STAR.

Edited by RALF9636