Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

best atc for p3d v4

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

That must be from optional "chatter" files. They are recordings which don't bear any relation to the AI flights around you. I don't like that. Hearing about aircraft or airports which have little to no relation to what is around me has no appeal to me.

Pete

I thought it was TTS from AI, but I may be going crazy (17 hours of vr flying today, will do that to you!). I definitely have canned chatter files as well. First day using p2atc with p3d, i normally use it with x-plane. Will test again.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

I just bought VOXAtc - Just did a VFR flight based from the example, it is little quirky but wow it does control my AIG traffic

I thought VoxATC injected its own traffic? Has that changed? Fpr instance, this is from Mutley Hangar's review (mind this was for VoxATC 6, back in 2012):

VoxATC also provides custom AI aircraft which are controlled using the software. These AI aircraft are much more intelligent and realistic than the default AI models, and operate totally separately from any of FSX’s own AI aircraft. The ability to generate and control its own traffic allows VoxATC to qualify as a “2 in 1” product; both a traffic program AND a groundbreaking new ATC system are provided with each purchase!

The VoxATC website still points to that. i can't find any later ones. I assume there must be some full description of the latest one somewhere (is it version 8 or 9 by now?).

What put me off in any case was  that it had to be run on the same PC as P3D, and had some on-screen presence even though it was voice controlled. I run P2A on a separate PC, one which also links to my overhead speakers and headsets. And P2A, once started with a filed plan, needs nothing but voice interaction.

Didn't I read that VoxATC needs an aircraft Gauge (VAGauge?) installed in an aircraft? since I have a hardware cockpit and use ProSim737, my aircraft have no on-screen cockpit in which to display a gauge, and such would not be welcome stuck on the scenery view outside.

[LATER]

Ah, on the VoxATC website:

A Complete ATC Environment

VoxATC generates its own AI traffic and controllers. The phraseology and procedures more closely reflect those in the real world as VoxATC is not tied to the ATC or AI built into FSX.

I can find nothing which talks about interaction or control of traffic it didn't inject itself, like the BGL traffic from AIG plans.

However, I did see that since 7.4 you can run it on a separate PC, which is a big improvement. But what about that "gauge" and why is it necessary?

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

58 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I can find nothing which talks about interaction or control of traffic it didn't inject itself, like the BGL traffic from AIG plans.

However, I did see that since 7.4 you can run it on a separate PC, which is a big improvement. But what about that "gauge" and why is it necessary?

Pete

-There is no interaction with the sim's AIs, you must set them to zero. Vox will generate its own, the number of aircraft is configurable from 0 to 100%.

-There are two gauges, one allows you to launch the flight whose plan will have been loaded into P3D, to choose whether or not you want to have a co-pilot who takes care of the Atc + other options...

The other gauge allows you to read the dialog of the last transmissions. Concerning the two gauges you have the choice of displaying them on the screen or not (after initiating the flight). It is possible to recall them if necessary.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 hours ago, jimimac said:

Think I will give the pf3 demo a try.

jim

keep in mind the demo only has 4 voices. The full program has 140. That makes a big difference. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I thought VoxATC injected its own traffic? Has that changed? Fpr instance, this is from Mutley Hangar's review (mind this was for VoxATC 6, back in 2012):

The VoxATC website still points to that. i can't find any later ones. I assume there must be some full description of the latest one somewhere (is it version 8 or 9 by now?).

What put me off in any case was  that it had to be run on the same PC as P3D, and had some on-screen presence even though it was voice controlled. I run P2A on a separate PC, one which also links to my overhead speakers and headsets. And P2A, once started with a filed plan, needs nothing but voice interaction.

Didn't I read that VoxATC needs an aircraft Gauge (VAGauge?) installed in an aircraft? since I have a hardware cockpit and use ProSim737, my aircraft have no on-screen cockpit in which to display a gauge, and such would not be welcome stuck on the scenery view outside.

[LATER]

Ah, on the VoxATC website:

Pete

Vox ATC is my standard choice for p3d (though I’m probably going to use P2ATC from now on).

1. Yes, it generates its own traffic.

2. No, its  ATC doesn’t interact with standard AI aircraft. When using Vox, these would be turned off, and you rely solely on the ATC program to generate and organise traffic.

When you do this, Vox provides audio communication between controllers and its AI for you to listen to.

One essential with Vox and P2ATC is getting some decent text to speech voices, the more the better.

Cereproc make the best TTS voices, I think I’ve got 8 now. Also have some Ivo a voices which are nice, but not nearly as good.

If you buy at least one decent voice, it makes the world of difference.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

There is no interaction with the sim's AIs, you must set them to zero. Vox will generate its own, the number of aircraft is configurable from 0 to 100%

That's what I thought. 

8 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

There are two gauges, one allows you to launch the flight whose plan will have been loaded into P3D, to choose whether or not you want to have a co-pilot who takes care of the Atc + other options...

The other gauge allows you to read the dialog of the last transmissions. Concerning the two gauges you have the choice of displaying them on the screen or not (after initiating the flight). It is possible to recall them if necessary.

Hmm. I think that's whay I decided against VoxATC. Gauges have to be part of an aircraft configuration. I have a curved screen outside of a cockpit shell.  To show a gauge means having it superimposed on the screen.

For the initialisation I suppose that isn't so bad -- but since version 7.4 offers the facility to run the program on a Networked PC I would have hoped that the Gauges woould have been moved there to, to regular Windows presumably.

The dialog of transmissions must be similar to Pilot2ATC's "conversation text". I have a method of displaying that on a small screen mounted in my cockpit. I would need to find a way of doing that with VoxATC were I to try using that.

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

One essential with Vox and P2ATC is getting some decent text to speech voices, the more the better.

Cereproc make the best TTS voices, I think I’ve got 8 now. Also have some Ivo a voices which are nice, but not nearly as good.

If you buy at least one decent voice, it makes the world of difference.

I have quite a big collection of voices which i use with Pilot2ATC -- Cereproc and Ivona, mostly. I have some with foreign accents, ready for when P2A chooses them according to the region you are flying over, but I don't use them yet as I have difficulty understanding them even when I slow them down a bit (P2A has speech speed adjustment).

P2A is in constant development and its author, Dave, is very responsive indeed. A big plus. I know VoxATC has been around for much much longer and should be pretty mature by now (I remember that Bob Sidwick, my good friend in Bristol now sadly deceased, was pushing VoxATC from its start, many years ago).

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

P2A is in constant development and its author, Dave, is very responsive indeed.

Yes, i’ve been getting back into ATC this week with P2A, Vatsim and a bit of Vox, and so reading a lot. I’ve come across a few forum comments between you and Dave, he certainly seems to quick to answer queries.

I don’t remember if you use Voice Attack, but it works very well with the Cereproc voices (checklists, etc), and is also good for sending out voice commands to the sim. Only problem is that having two TTS programs running (P2A and Voice Attack) seems to cause intermittent problems with the speech engine.

Oz

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

don’t remember if you use Voice Attack, but it works very well with the Cereproc voices (checklists, etc), and is also good for sending out voice commands to the sim.

No, I don't need that.  My headset is connected to a WideFs client PC running P2A, not to the Sim PC. My dealings with P3D4 are all either by ProSim, or, for menu selections, via a WideClient ButtonScreen on a little touchscreen in the cockpit.

Pete

On 12/3/2019 at 3:26 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Hmm. I think that's whay I decided against VoxATC. Gauges have to be part of an aircraft configuration. I have a curved screen outside of a cockpit shell.  To show a gauge means having it superimposed on the screen.

For the initialisation I suppose that isn't so bad -- but since version 7.4 offers the facility to run the program on a Networked PC I would have hoped that the Gauges woould have been moved there to, to regular Windows presumably.

The dialog of transmissions must be similar to Pilot2ATC's "conversation text". I have a method of displaying that on a small screen mounted in my cockpit. I would need to find a way of doing that with VoxATC were I to try using that.

The “gauges” Pete is referring to are really dialog windows and can be mapped to key or button presses for toggling them on and off. One prompts you what to say to ATC, the other gives you the recent history of what has been said.  Neither is necessary if you know the phraseology and have an Ok memory, or decent note taking skills. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

The “gauges” Pete is referring to are really dialog windows

Why do they need "adding" to each aircraft, then? I'm only going by the documentation.

If they are true dialogues then I assume they are produced directly by an installed DLL running in P3D? If they are part of an external EXE program then surely there should be an option to have them on a separate PC?

2 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

Neither is necessary if you know the phraseology and have an Ok memory, or decent note taking skills. 

Yes, that's fine once you've both used it enough and also have managed to decipher the speech (some voices, though good, have a rendency to screw up some words quite well).

I find that having Pilot2ATC's "conversation text" displayed on a small screen in my cockpit helps a lot whilst 'learning the ropes', and will also help when i expand to using foreign accented voices for assorted European airspaces.

Pete

23 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Why do they need "adding" to each aircraft, then? I'm only going by the documentation.

If they are true dialogues then I assume they are produced directly by an installed DLL running in P3D? If they are part of an external EXE program then surely there should be an option to have them on a separate PC?

I think you are correct about them behaving like gauges. I was merely referring to how they appear on your screen, which seemed to be the chief complaint of the previous writer. 

Hi there,

As per 2020, considering that some of the discussed software may have been updated since the last comments, what is the best ATC AI right now for Prepar3d v4?

On 3/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, antoniointini said:

Hi there,

... what is the best ATC AI right now for Prepar3d v4?

As no-one else has recommended the product they use I'll recommend the one I've used for over 13 years. Radar Contact v4. Now free of charge...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547732-radar-contact-and-jdtllc-in-transition/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As no-one else has recommended the product they use I'll recommend the one I've used for over 13 years. Radar Contact v4. Now free of charge...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547732-radar-contact-and-jdtllc-in-transition/

+1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]