Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

WAMA 1.10 CTD on FSUIPC5 (P3Dv42)

Hello,

Trying this app right now and getting CTD each time I Enter/Leave airplane. No matter which airplane and no matter what default airplane is selected in database (both Avatar and Camera pod tested). 

In Windows events log there is an entry about FSUIPC5.dll crashed for each CTD.

Edited by Artem Crum

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

20 minutes ago, Artem Crum said:

Hello,

Trying this app right now and getting CTD each time I Enter/Leave airplane. No matter which airplane and no matter what default airplane is selected in database (both Avatar and Camera pod tested). 

In Windows events log there is an entry about FSUIPC5.dll crashed for each CTD.

Hi,

What exactly is crashing - the simulator, WAMA or FSUIPC?

I am using FSUIPC 5 too, and I can't say that I get any weird crashes, nor has anyone contacted me about this in two years of WAMA. The "Enter" and "Leave" are standard simulator functionality, there is no reason why any other client should crash. Are you using the "instant" switch feature or the normal one? Paid or free version of FSUIPC? Is your FSUIPC up to date? There was a version that didn't work well with P3D 4.2

I suggest that you contact me by email, the address is on the last page of the user manual. This may require more details.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I'm getting P3D crash. WAMA stays alive. And yes - instant switch is enabled. With instant switch off there is no CTD. FSUIPC is paid and up to date.

If leave/enter is a standard sim feature then this could be not a WAMA problem at all. But still would be glad to get some help with it.

Will contact you via e-mail. Thanks!

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hello,

maybe it would be a good idea to contact Pete too. The "instant" feature makes use of a standard SimConnect method to change the user aircraft that wasn't there in FSX. Maybe a combination of settings in FSUIPC causes the crash? Or the AI traffic limiter in FSUIPC? That it doesn't crash for me is no proof that there isn't a trap somewhere, I only use FSUIPC for controller assignments.

Is this happening regardless of the aircaraft that you are trying to leave? Any other addons that might be allergic to instant user aircraft changes?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

For anyone interested: the issue was fixed after deleting and rebuilding fsuipc5.ini.

Now everything is fine.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL