Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

PilotEdge and MCE

Hello, 

Has anyone here used MCE on the PilotEdge network? I believe they use a squakbox client but I cant be heard on the com with when MCE is active. I'm sure its a configuration issue. I'd appreciate any help.  

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Disregard guys, user error. I figured it out. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

I've had problems also.  Would be interested in knowing your settings.  Did you enable UseWithOtherATC=1 ? I couldn't get MCE copilot to ignore my voice transmissions to PE client.  I have PE client set to look for END key (sent via FSUIPC from yoke button). 

ChuckO

Hi Chuck, 

My settings are as follows, 

• In [FEATURES].....PilotSpeaksToAtc=0,
  • In [GAMEPAD]......UseWithVoxATC=1        //(set to 1 if you want to use the same joystick assignment with VoxATC. It will ensure FO doesn't listen to your speech while the joystick button is held down using VoxATC)

Those are the only 2 variables I changed, I still use RC4 offline and PilotEdge online, no conflicts. 

But the cause of my problem had nothing to with MCE. I used FSUIPC to set up button for PTT as PilotEdge recommends. For familiarity, I used the same one assigned in MCE, no problem there. I then assigned that button to all my GA aircraft profiles in FSUIPC, but I forgot to assign them to my Commercial and Jet aircraft profiles and that's where I had the problem. Once I did that, everything worked like it should, and I have a crew to help out with the bigger planes. 

I don't  if this will help you, but I hope you get your issue worked out. 

Regards, 

Jose 

Jose A.

19 hours ago, ChuckOman said:

I have PE client set to look for END key

This might be the issue, you should leave this setting at its default, Scroll Lock, in the PilotEdge Client

Then In FSUIPC assign the command "PTT Transmit On (SB3,RW,AVC)" to your yoke button. and "PTT Transmit OFF (SB3,RW,AVC)" to the same button when you release it. The commands are in the list. Also, make sure you have repeat this command unchecked. You can use the same button you currently use for MCE.

Lastly, you will have to assign that button to each FSUIPC aircraft profile you intend to use on PilotEdge. 

Jose A.