Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

Any possibility of someone else taking over the consumer rights to the ESP platform and code?

5 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Not trying to be negative here, but Falcon 4 didn't have the problem of needing a bootstrap from 32-bit to 64-bit code. 

DTG and P3D proved that it can be done, but it's the first hurdle any newcomer would have to tackle, to make the sim relevant in 2018+.

That's true, but I don't think going to 64 bits would be the biggest of obstacles to tackle. As an aside, I think latest release of Falcon BMS is indeed 64 bits.

But after all, ours are just forum blather. As has been said, it's unlikely MS will go that way. Short of a prodigious crowdfunding effort by the community successfully buying the rights to FSX code. 😁

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Just think what the community could potentially do if FSX code would be made public. Look at what BMS did with Falcon 4.

BMS Crew didn't have idiotic euas to contend with.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EUA

I guess that word CAN be discussed here. 😉

Yes, we can discuss particular types of snails here although it would be considerably off topic. It's when you throw that nasty old "L" in the mix is when the trouble starts.😁

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

That word does drag every thread down to a snail's pace.