Sign in to follow this  
LH340fan

GSX fix for flytampa Amsterdam

Hello. As many of you may have experienced when you use gsx at FlyTampa's EHAM the docking systems dissapear. This is very unrealistic and disturbing. I decided to create a fix. It still is a WIP. By selecting the "all runways open" in the configurator after installing this fix you will get them back. IRL the docking systems are normally the 1st Safegate model and AGNIS/PAPA but since these either don't exist/are tricky to set into place I decided to set the good old safegate T2-9 that come with the Add-on initially.

link:https://mega.nz/#!5OgQwCII!AVU0lZAcxTqKo9pW-b-Kk_9LDLC7f1sWVWcO8_2yv1M

Charly

• Like 1

Weird. You use L2 or just the regular? I'm not having any issues on my side. Could you send me a picture maybe? Thanks

42 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

Weird. You use L2 or just the regular? I'm not having any issues on my side. Could you send me a picture maybe? Thanks

I used the GSX L2. Here my screenshots of different gates of Flytampa Amsterdam EHAM v1.1

cOG22Lx.jpg

LtC9aAJ.jpg

d6CAuba.jpg

Patricio Valdes

I'll try to do a fly tonight and see what I can do. I am at school though so I don't have a lot of time. But I will do the best I can.

I got an issue like that in which you needed to go into the ADDON tab, then COUATL, and rebuild airport cache.I mean at least It worked for the gate I was at when I requested catering for example. 

6d3z.jpg

really weird. Tried on my side and works perfectly. I don't have L2 yet, just regular GSX. It is NOT the Flytampa docking system. I replaced it by GSX's safegates

5 hours ago, LH340fan said:

6d3z.jpg

really weird. Tried on my side and works perfectly. I don't have L2 yet, just regular GSX. It is NOT the Flytampa docking system. I replaced it by GSX's safegates

Try Amsterdam EHAM Gate A32 in P3Dv4 to see if you have the SafeGate. Just found and downloaded the eham_vdgs_aes.zip file in FT Forum and it helps. The SafeGate works but not as expected. In Flytampa Dubai OMDB same, no SafeGates at all. It seems to me that all Flytampa "patched" sceneries have no SafeGates. In FSX all SafeGates are present in Flytampa.

Patricio Valdes

Yes, no safegates for OMDB. Planning on doing a fix, but needs some time (eham took me 2X 1h30 to do and it's not that big), same for EKCH, VHHH from T2G and many many more. Don't forget that this is a handy patch just for GSX, and it may cause problems with AES. I once got 2 safegates with the one from my custom GSX file and FT's one. I then had to remove the one from FT in Library folder.

To me, having a GSX one is better so you won't have to decide between a marshaller and FT's docking system

12 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Yes, no safegates for OMDB. Planning on doing a fix, but needs some time (eham took me 2X 1h30 to do and it's not that big), same for EKCH, VHHH from T2G and many many more. Don't forget that this is a handy patch just for GSX, and it may cause problems with AES. I once got 2 safegates with the one from my custom GSX file and FT's one. I then had to remove the one from FT in Library folder.

To me, having a GSX one is better so you won't have to decide between a marshaller and FT's docking system

I installed GSX Level 2 which includes the first release of GSX. I think the GSX is the culprit? I could do a complete uninstall to test if still missing dockings. Or maybe we need to wait from Flytampa developers an updates.

Patricio Valdes

Yes, I recommend a reinstall of GSX first. Don't forget to unmount your serial if you don't want to loose one of your 3 activations. I dont recommend an update of EHAM as I said as I got an issue as well and sometimes it's even worse with other things after the update. But do you get the ground vehicles? If I get a picture with the ground vehicles but no safegate then it's a really bad issue (no library or non attributed file) and it can be even at FSDTs level. So keep me informed and try to request catering or something like that. And if it works, then great. otherwise I'll have to go over at FSDT's forum (or you can already do it if you want) 

On 9/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, LH340fan said:

6d3z.jpg

Could you check at the beginning of your flight at this gate, before departure, and not at the arrival?

Ok, I got it working in the beginning of a scenario. But you might want to change your working bgl file from South to All runways, otherwise add a note that South bgl is active in your version 2

Thanks!

Edited by Dirk98

Hmm, only when you select South the Stop sign shows up.

The good news though is that it works with GSX2 here.

I've checked East and All runways - nogo.

LH340Fan, could you look more into it?

Thanks.

Forgot to mention I'm at Gate 26D