Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

BVAI and vPilot AI are merging.

This is great news for those of us that fly online. This package is getting better every day.

https://fselite.net/news/vpilot-ai-and-bvai-are-merging/

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Dan,

I'm curious of the benefits of the merger...maybe just the power of combined human resource.

I had tried vPilot AI just prior to installing BVAI, and found them to be virtually identical. BVAI had a somewhat larger airframe/livery list, but the source material appeared to be almost all the same. So don't expect BVAI to suddenly see an explosion of additional models/liveries as a result of the merger.

I use/d them both with PSXseecontraffic/RealTraffic, and upon running VMRGenerator to create a model/livery list for PSXseecontraffic, even the errors were virtually identical for vPilot AI and BVAI...things such as missing or incorrect parking codes, aircraft codes, airline codes, livery errors, etc. Mind you, the errors were only on maybe a 150 or so, out of a total of 1300-1400 models/liveries (all approx. numbers just for reference).

I manually corrected everything that could be corrected, and with BVAI v5, I currently have 1569 model/livery combos validated by VMRGenerator.

I probably won't be installing any of the newer versions of BVAI until they've fixed the bugs I found, and until the handful of FS9 model files are updated to at least FSX models.

I am VERY happy with BVAI, and as a result, will not be buying UTL, or any other new AI traffic addon.

All of the above is with P3Dv4.1

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

be aware as good as the pack is, there's a ton of models that are not p3dv4 compatible.  

also theres a bigger amount of HUGE hd textures that if your running in 4k it will give you problems at big airports.

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, somiller said:

Dan,

I'm curious of the benefits of the merger...maybe just the power of combined human resource.

I had tried vPilot AI just prior to installing BVAI, and found them to be virtually identical. BVAI had a somewhat larger airframe/livery list, but the source material appeared to be almost all the same. So don't expect BVAI to suddenly see an explosion of additional models/liveries as a result of the merger.

I use/d them both with PSXseecontraffic/RealTraffic, and upon running VMRGenerator to create a model/livery list for PSXseecontraffic, even the errors were virtually identical for vPilot AI and BVAI...things such as missing or incorrect parking codes, aircraft codes, airline codes, livery errors, etc. Mind you, the errors were only on maybe a 150 or so, out of a total of 1300-1400 models/liveries (all approx. numbers just for reference).

I manually corrected everything that could be corrected, and with BVAI v5, I currently have 1569 model/livery combos validated by VMRGenerator.

I probably won't be installing any of the newer versions of BVAI until they've fixed the bugs I found, and until the handful of FS9 model files are updated to at least FSX models.

I am VERY happy with BVAI, and as a result, will not be buying UTL, or any other new AI traffic addon.

All of the above is with P3Dv4.1

Kind Regards,

vPilot does not come with any AI. It only comes with the ability to read a pre-installed AI pack on your machine. If you already had a freeware AI installed, then it would explain why you found BVAI and 'vPilot AI' to be identical as they're probably from the same pool of freeware developers. 

As for VRMGenerator, BVAI comes with it's own pre-existing custom VMR file which you can add into vPilot so you didn't need to go through the errors and fix them. The file is available on BVAIs website.

As far as I am aware, all the models that come with BVAI are FSX native so they shouldn't have any trouble working in P3D.

Lastly, BVAI is just a set of models. It is completely different to what programs such as UT2, UTL and the upcoming JustFlight Traffic Global aim to achieve, which is to fill your skies with AI traffic regardless of who is behind the controls or if you're flying online/offline. With BVAI, the models will only show up online when someone is within the predefined range of vPilot. With all the others I mentioned, you can be anywhere in the world and your airports/skies will populate with AI regardless of your network connectivity status so comparing the paid ones to BVAI is kind of a pointless exercise as they serve entirely different purposes.

1 hour ago, krazyk said:

As far as I am aware, all the models that come with BVAI are FSX native so they shouldn't have any trouble working in P3D.

No, not at this time. 25+ models are FS9 models, unless they have been updated recently.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

No, not at this time. 25+ models are FS9 models

Considering the various issues encountered with FS9 models, why have they been included?

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Considering the various issues encountered with FS9 models, why have they been included?

They are waiting for them to be updated. They BVAI decided to release so users could use them whilst waiting. So I used Lorby's thumbnail viewer to identify FS9 models and remove them

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

I think they went under the radar.. :wink

They release an open beta, so I guess they are correcting the problems.

S.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I think they went under the radar.. :wink

They release an open beta, so I guess they are correcting the problems.

S.

Fair enough

6 hours ago, krazyk said:

As for VRMGenerator, BVAI comes with it's own pre-existing custom VMR file which you can add into vPilot so you didn't need to go through the errors and fix them. The file is available on BVAIs website.

FYI: He used VMRGenerator for PSXseeconTraffic (to generate the AI_Liveries.txt file) so not for vPilot. Contrary to the name, VMRGenerator does not generate a VMR file anymore...

Nico Kaan

5 minutes ago, kiek said:

FYI: He used VMRGenerator for PSXseeconTraffic (to generate the AI_Liveries.txt file) so not for vPilot. Contrary to the name, VMRGenerator does not generate a VMR file anymore...

Nico Kaan

With the improved model matching rule sets now generated by vPilot, is there anything additional which  VMR Generator adds to the process ?

35 minutes ago, ErichB said:

With the improved model matching rule sets now generated by vPilot, is there anything additional which  VMR Generator adds to the process ?

No while VMRGenerator can no longer be used for vPilot, it does not generate a VMR file anymore...

It has lots of extra functionality, such as checking your soundai configuration, but that's is all meant for use for my real live traffic program PSXseeconTraffic. I'm thinking of changing the name into AI_lister or something like that, don't know yet.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, krazyk said:

vPilot does not come with any AI. It only comes with the ability to read a pre-installed AI pack on your machine. If you already had a freeware AI installed, then it would explain why you found BVAI and 'vPilot AI' to be identical as they're probably from the same pool of freeware developers. 

Lastly, BVAI is just a set of models. It is completely different to what programs such as UT2, UTL and the upcoming JustFlight Traffic Global aim to achieve, which is to fill your skies with AI traffic regardless of who is behind the controls or if you're flying online/offline. With BVAI, the models will only show up online when someone is within the predefined range of vPilot. With all the others I mentioned, you can be anywhere in the world and your airports/skies will populate with AI regardless of your network connectivity status so comparing the paid ones to BVAI is kind of a pointless exercise as they serve entirely different purposes.

Karen,

Please reread my post where I discuss "vPilot AI", not vPilot. You could've saved yourself a lot of typing. Also, had you read my post, you would note that I never mention using vPilot, nor the need to use the supplied VMR file from BVAI. All of the models that come with BVAI are NOT FSX native, so some of them require rework before they'll show up properly in P3D.

We all know that BVAI is a set of models...as far as UTL etc. some are looking for models to substitute in place of the ones that come with UTL.

As I clearly stated in my post, I use BVAI, which "is just a set of models" with PSXseecontraffic, so the VMR file supplied with BVAI is of no use to me...I MUST USE THE FILE CREATED BY VMR GENERATOR.

Karen, the more I think about this, the more I think you need to do some research, before posting in this thread. And I really wish you hadn't quoted my post, because NOTHING you wrote has any relevance to my post.

Just a note in case you're confused...the thread title is "BVAI and vPilot AI are merging." It is NOT - BVAI and vPilot are merging.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB