Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

ORBX EU Netherlands TrueEarth released

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

..surprised at the low response so far.

We've just awoken in the Netherlands. Please let us have our breakfast first :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I went for a much faster connection.

:biggrin: Wish I had that choice!

David Porrett

3 hours ago, Javiz said:

I have a truckload terrabite HD as well. Do any of you know what'll happen if i install this scenery on this HD instead of my P3D dedicated SSD ?... Will i see significant loss of performance ?..

You won‘t. Even a HDD is fast enough for photo textures. Nowadays you can get 4TB HDDs for reasonable prices. Excellent for storage of photo sceneries.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Just got ORBX EU Netherlands.  Sitting at EHAM, I'm getting ~50 FPS with ORBX EU Netherlands and ~70 FPS without ORBX EU Netherlands.  So far, pretty impressed with the performance.  

6 minutes ago, stook2005 said:

Just got ORBX EU Netherlands.  Sitting at EHAM, I'm getting ~50 FPS with ORBX EU Netherlands and ~70 FPS without ORBX EU Netherlands.  So far, pretty impressed with the performance.  

with default eham that is I guess? :O

Victor Roos

4 hours ago, somiller said:

Those pictures look spectacular, but with a download size of 77GB (and I suspect the install size is considerably larger), in order to have scenery of any meaningful coverage area will require a warehouse full of disk space. I mean, cmon...Netherlands at 77GB? A quick Google search yielded: Netherlands is a little less than twice the size of New Jersey - NEW JERSEY...which is a postage stamp compared to the rest of the US.

Land Area: Netherlands = 33833 sq km/77GB; US = 9,160,000 sq km//20,847GB - that's a 21TB download.

Do the math...lol.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but those files sizes almost take your breath away.

And if the cost/sq km is calculated based on $54.95 AUD for the Netherlands scenery, then the US scenery would cost $14,877.25 AUD.

Kind Regards,

6 hours ago, DavidP said:

77Gb would take me about a week to download.

That's progress. Do you want better scenery or not? What else did you expect with photoreal scenery? I don't understand the complaining about the size and the downloads and the prices. If everyone had this attitude we'd still be having a 640KB usable RAM limit. Finally there is a company who dares to go the extra mile and create something a lot of people have been dreaming off and as soon as it has been released the moaning begins. But well, I am sure that in a few years people will be laughing about posts like these as we are laughing about the remark Bill Gates (supposedly) made in 1981.

Btw the math is pretty flawed of course because Orbx doesn't bill per square mile but per region. But apart from that, 54,95 AUD for scenery like this is a complete bargain if you compare it with the cost of a single airport addon. 

2 minutes ago, J van E said:

If everyone had this attitude we'd still be having a 640KB usable RAM limit.

I was about to say the same thing :)

• Upvote 2

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

yepp. for that lloww price it is insane what we get. Only those images how much they must have cost.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Victor Roos

Gonna try it out on a regular HDD first. Are we allowed to install to a different directory/HDD btw only for Photoreal ?

Then if performance is good a dedicated regular HDD is the way ahead

Looking forward to FT EHAM performance with it

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Gonna try it out on a regular HDD first. Are we allowed to install to a different directory/HDD btw only for Photoreal ?

Then if performance is good a dedicated regular HDD is the way ahead

Looking forward to FT EHAM performance with it

Thanks

Michael Moe 

yeah, think we have to remove the city:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/153418-fly-tampa-eham-and-nlhd-true-arth/

Victor Roos

28 minutes ago, J van E said:

That's progress. Do you want better scenery or not? What else did you expect with photoreal scenery? I don't understand the complaining about the size and the downloads and the prices.

While I basically agree, I am still not entirely convinced that going back to the patchwork approach for sceneries is the right thing to do. As a matter of fact, THE really great thing about addons such as FTX Global, FTX Vector and OpenLC is the huge coverage area. Patchwork sceneries (using photoground) is something we already had. Personally, I always hated to fly in and out of Switzerland Professional or NL2000 simply due to the fact that you have a wonderful precise scenery that somewhere just stops. Ends. And then the difference is clearly visible. Sure, for VFR flying, those patchwork sceneries are top notch and a pleasure, but for everything else?

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

30 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

yepp. for that lloww price it is insane what we get. Only those images how much they must have cost.

I think it was a good decision made by Orbx to put the price tag not too high for the P3D platform. Otherwise people won't buy it. In Xplane, which I consider to be a serious alternative sim platform, for instance you get all the photo sceneries including mesh plus OSM overlays plus VFR landmarks for free and they also look asthonishing. It is just not so easy to generate high quality photo sceneries in P3D and therefore the price tag is justified.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Dont forget that FTX Global and RealEarth NL will blend nicely unlike other photosceneries in combination with FTX that can look all weird as you write. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, mikced76 said:

Dont forget that FTX Global and RealEarth NL will blend nicely unlike other photosceneries in combination with FTX that can look all weird as you write. 

yepp! can't wait for the transition of NL to GEN and then GES. yumm!

Victor Roos