Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

ORBX EU Netherlands TrueEarth released

9 minutes ago, J van E said:

Agreed when it comes to volume but accuracy...? Maybe if you've never visited the Netherlands but I can't say I am happy with my hometown. Compare this real world photo with what TrueEarth gives me in that exact same spot. I am seriously disappointed with this.

Smitsveen.jpg

2018-4-25_20-43-11-341.jpg

Yes, the overal impression is nice and things look sort of real but after seeing the official screenshots I didn't expect this 'accuracy'. It's not even CLOSE. WIthout the photoreal ground textures I never would have 'recognized' this spot. Apart from not showing the proper buildings the shown ones are totally out of proportion too. And as I mentioned elsewhere the 'rijtjeshuizen' are sorely missed.

wow. that looks really really.. well, bad. hahah. damn.

Victor Roos

34 minutes ago, J van E said:

Agreed when it comes to volume but accuracy...? Maybe if you've never visited the Netherlands but I can't say I am happy with my hometown. Compare this real world photo with what TrueEarth gives me in that exact same spot. I am seriously disappointed with this.

Smitsveen.jpg

Yes, the overal impression is nice and things look sort of real but after seeing the official screenshots I didn't expect this 'accuracy'. It's not even CLOSE. WIthout the photoreal ground textures I never would have 'recognized' this spot. Apart from not showing the proper buildings the shown ones are totally out of proportion too. And as I mentioned elsewhere the 'rijtjeshuizen' are sorely missed.

I can see why you're a little disappointed J :(  I expect it will be looked at...

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, awf said:

Yes amazing stuff and performance is great here local ;-)

On my triple view setup the enormeous amount of AG and custom objects caused small stutters .

What I did was disable the Orbx AG and use the Real World Scenery Dutch AG instead  + Samsoft AG Amsterdam City + Orbx custom objects.

That also solved 2 large AG less spots in Amsterdam city when using Orbx NL AG.

Now I can fly with heavy weather over Amsterdam with FT Schiphol in sight and have a steady framerate..

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Smitsveen.jpg

Jeroen , NL2000 announced the development of V5 . They now have a new photo real underground from 2016 and will release a new 1 m/p and probably a 0.50 cm/p version.. Perhaps that will look better for your place.

I live in Gorinchem and I see mesh “hills” near the river.  Guess I will disable the Orbx Mesh and use the Fs Global Ultimate as before which looked good.

Btw , here an alpha vid from NL2000v5

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Agreed when it comes to volume but accuracy...?

Visited briefly, but yeah don't live there ... I did notice a few spots here and there that seemed odd relative to the PR below them and "missing" elements.  But when compared to say OpenLC EU, or just FTX Global, or other Orbx Regions, Orbx Netherlands is by far more accurate that those respective representations.

Cheers, Rob.

Smitsveen.jpg

In the lower screenshot arn't those Orbx Autogen Buildings? They look out of proportion, too big and too cartoon like. Not even the correct building type. Just not acceptable. 

I have Orbx scenery over my entire P3dv4 world, with their autogen buildings turned off, because of the building scale being so obviously out of proportion. 

:rolleyes:

Well, I did come more comparisons between real world and TrueEarth and came to the following conclusion: don't compare. This scenery isn't meant for that. The thing is that when you fly at >3000 feet it does look awesome. And sort of real. It's a thousand times better than landclass scenery, that's for sure. The amount of objects is breath taking. Specially flying over rural area's is absolutely great. It feels just like being there, like flying over the Netherlands. But just do NOT compare what you see with real world photo's. Regard TrueEarth as an experience and not as a accurate depiction of what is actually there (apart from the photoreal ground textures and POI's, of course). Do not expect your house to look like the real thing (or to even come close). But do expect the feel of it all. And make sure to fly at 3000 feet or higher so you can't actually see your own home anyway.

BTW I am looking forward to the Aerofly version because as expected performance isn't too good with all scenery sliders right. I am struggling to get above 20 fps in busy places (i7 4790K@4.5 and 1080). And yes, I will also get the Aerofly version despite my hometown looking like ****. The overal experience (!) is really great.

3 hours ago, awf said:

For you guys with Flytampa EHAM :-)

Always make first a backup....

Ok have done the following to have Flytampa working nicely with this master piece...

Rename the following files to .off
your directory path: \FlyTampa\Amsterdam\scenery
amsterdam_center.bgl.off must be on amsterdam_center.bgl
amsterdam_city.bgl.off
amsterdam_city_basic.off
TileMapA.bgl.off
TileMapA_snow.off
TileMapB.bgl.off
TileMapB_snow.off
TileMapC.bgl.off
TileMapC_snow.off
TileMapD.bgl.off
TileMapD_snow.off

your directory path: \FlyTampa\Amsterdam_LC\scenery
All files to off with the exception of this one to avoid field elevation problems
cvx_eham.BGL

Ok hope it's helpful,

Cheers,

André

17 minutes ago, J van E said:

Well, I did come more comparisons between real world and TrueEarth and came to the following conclusion: don't compare. This scenery isn't meant for that. The thing is that when you fly at >3000 feet it does look awesome. And sort of real. It's a thousand times better than landclass scenery, that's for sure. The amount of objects is breath taking. Specially flying over rural area's is absolutely great. It feels just like being there, like flying over the Netherlands. But just do NOT compare what you see with real world photo's. Regard TrueEarth as an experience and not as a accurate depiction of what is actually there (apart from the photoreal ground textures and POI's, of course). Do not expect your house to look like the real thing (or to even come close). But do expect the feel of it all. And make sure to fly at 3000 feet or higher so you can't actually see your own home anyway.

I agree with Jeroen that's what it is...

Edited by awf

André

The real answer may be to use a TileProxy type system that uses Bing / Google maps even down to the street Level.  Get out your wallet.

Cheers

bs 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

If it does not represent real buildings and construction patterns, I am not sure why I should invest on this compared to using Ortho4XP with something like World4XP. The only reason might be the improved user experience. I will probably skip the Netherlands, and buy just the UK when it’s released for XP11. 

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Here are a couple of videos with add-ons PMDG, ActiveSky, and UTL.   The total size of the Netherlands after installation is 76.5 GB

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

6 hours ago, J van E said:

BTW I am looking forward to the Aerofly version because as expected performance isn't too good with all scenery sliders right. I am struggling to get above 20 fps in busy places (i7 4790K@4.5 and 1080). And yes, I will also get the Aerofly version despite my hometown looking like ****. The overal experience (!) is really great.

6 hours ago, J van E said:

The thing is that this should really be capable of being done better. The types o houses missing are all basically rectangular boxes.  If data exists for building outlines and building heights, it is possible to filter and display custom autogen building classes/models to get a more accurate representation.  Earth Simulations did it using Arno Gerretsons Scenproc utility,  They used scripts thousands of lines long to get the right look and feel.  I did a review of their Isle of Man and compared shots like J van E did.  It was all precise down to the level of individual building roofs being the correct colour!   Granted, the coverage was a much smaller area, but the point is to demonstrate that autogen CAN be procedurally generated to a highly accurate level, provided enough attention is paid to using the base data well enough.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

9 hours ago, J van E said:

Smitsveen.jpg

Jeroen, can you tell me this location, perhaps the coordinates?

The FPS performance is probably not great with the FSLABS A320 if people have issues with simple planes like the NGX.  I have a hard time with just Orbx LC/Vector and Fly Tampa Amsterdam.  My machine is 2 years old (haswell e + 1080) and getting acceptable frames now requires me to turn down the settings to low or medium.  I also can not run orbx England due to London frames, and even Orbx NorCal is hard with this plane.  I'm hesitant to buy since I fly that bird a lot.  However, it looks great and I'm tempted to pull the trigger given I'm honestly sick of boring orbx generic land class scenery.  

Edited by Heathrow to Dublin